The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Default Quite the epic run...

I'm in no way a Tebow-cultist or a Tebow hater. I just love the kid and hope for him to get better as a passer, which he showed signs of today. So, until the season is over... I'm not that interested in evaluating whether or not he's the QB of the future. We simply need to see more.

But, for those long-time fans out there... am I wrong, or is this one of the most impressive runs a QB (and his team) have put together for us?
We've beaten the ENTIRE division on the road. That alone has to be historic.
Beyond that of course, you go from 1-4, dead in the water... to a winning record and fighting for the division. (With another solid team beaten in that run.)

I have no idea where this season is going, but I struggle to think of a circumstance this crazy in my 30 years watching the team. Wondering where you guys put this run in your all-time list. Personally, if we lose every game from here out... this is still the most excitement I can remember in this small of a time-frame in ages.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

You're beginning to see the light. This kid is something special.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
Bronkota
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I'm in no way a Tebow-cultist or a Tebow hater. I just love the kid and hope for him to get better as a passer, which he showed signs of today. So, until the season is over... I'm not that interested in evaluating whether or not he's the QB of the future. We simply need to see more.

But, for those long-time fans out there... am I wrong, or is this one of the most impressive runs a QB (and his team) have put together for us?
We've beaten the ENTIRE division on the road. That alone has to be historic.
Beyond that of course, you go from 1-4, dead in the water... to a winning record and fighting for the division. (With another solid team beaten in that run.)

I have no idea where this season is going, but I struggle to think of a circumstance this crazy in my 30 years watching the team. Wondering where you guys put this run in your all-time list. Personally, if we lose every game from here out... this is still the most excitement I can remember in this small of a time-frame in ages.
Perfect take Popps! Exactly where im at.............
Bronkota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
jsco70
Seasoned Veteran

After the blocked kicked, I was telling my son about some of the games in the 80's when "Mile High Magic" was in full effect. In those days, no matter what the situation or score was, I would not lose hope. Denver would usually find a way to win. This team is beginning to remind of the those good, old days.
jsco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #5
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post

Huh?

My opinion of him is essentially what it was a few weeks ago. Hopeful, impressed but not sold 100% he's the QBOTF. What "light" is being seen?
Why would I have to make a definitive judgment on the kid without seeing him play out the season? Silly response.

I'm talking about this team, and the run it's been on. Clearly, Tebow is the spark-plug and has been instrumental. He deserves a TON of credit.
But, it's more about where this run ranks in the minds of long-time fans... not really a chance for the zealots on either side to bicker. Plenty of threads for that.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #6
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronkota View Post
Perfect take Popps! Exactly where im at.............
same for me, Popps.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #7
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsco70 View Post
After the blocked kicked, I was telling my son about some of the games in the 80's when "Mile High Magic" was in full effect. In those days, no matter what the situation or score was, I would not lose hope. Denver would usually find a way to win. This team is beginning to remind of the those good, old days.
This run is testing my limits and rebuilding my faith in the "ain't over 'til its over." After we punted in the first OT I was like "we may lose." I definitely thought punting the second time was stupid and when they got into field goal range and called timeout before the block, I felt "that was our chance and we blew it." Nope. We just won't die. We're a team of zombies.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsco70 View Post
Bingo. Because, with all due credit to Tebow... this defense held up TIME after TIME in this game. They played lights-out, and continue to make their biggest plays in the biggest moments.

It's a clutch feel this team has developed. It does feel like old times.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #9
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Announcers hit that point today when they said "if you're a broncos fan your use to these kind of games...its not the prettiest offensive display...but some great defensive play...they play to give tebow a last shot." Defense has been AMAZING!!!

Tebow has 1 pick and no fumbles on 200+ carries.

This combination will win 80-90% of the time.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #10
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:

Huh?

My opinion of him is essentially what it was a few weeks ago. Hopeful, impressed but not sold 100% he's the QBOTF. What "light" is being seen?
Why would I have to make a definitive judgment on the kid without seeing him play out the season? Silly response.

I'm talking about this team, and the run it's been on. Clearly, Tebow is the spark-plug and has been instrumental. He deserves a TON of credit.
But, it's more about where this run ranks in the minds of long-time fans... not really a chance for the zealots on either side to bicker. Plenty of threads for that.
Not sure where this ranks overall. There just have not been that many like this. It is getting close to the Revenge tour in 97-98 to get us to SB 32 in its scope....except that was in the playoffs and against one good team after another..
But considering where the team was before the bye this is about as impressive.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #11
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Doesn't come close to matching the Revenge Tour after losing to San Francisco in humiliating fashion on Monday night. Or the 13-0 run the next year. But it's pretty amazing given all the circumstances.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This run is testing my limits and rebuilding my faith in the "ain't over 'til its over." After we punted in the first OT I was like "we may lose." I definitely thought punting the second time was stupid and when they got into field goal range and called timeout before the block, I felt "that was our chance and we blew it." Nope. We just won't die. We're a team of zombies.
Zombies are known to work overtime
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #13
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Good stuff, Popps. At this point, we just need Popps to add a 55 to his username and he'll be good to go.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #14
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

As raw and inexperienced as he is to this point... thrown to the wolves at the absolute low point of the season with zero reps... on a shiat team in flux with a front office decidedly not in his corner... he's led the team on this "epic run." Just imagine what he can do when you build a team around him, cater the offense to his skill set, dedicate the entire off-season to developing him as a pro quarterback. Then keep doing that for a few years. It will likely work.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #15
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post

****ing weirdo.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #16
Paladin
Ring of Famer

It is clear that Allen has put together a pretty good D scheme, and Fox is relying on them; some would sat too much, but wth, oit works. Miller is fabulous and really gives h3ll to the QBs, and Doom seems to be back enough to be a threat. Tebow is just adequate, but is a threat to run which obviuosly bothers Ds. Nice run, but it plays h3ll with my heart and my patience.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #17
Boogerboots
Anytime now...

..just make the snow stop!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Larry Canada

Keep on runnin' those horses. It's like there are two versions of Orange Crush working on both sides of the ball right now... Offensive Crush and Defensive Crush.

As a fan I can finally say that after a few years of heartbreak, I can actually enjoy watching these guys prove all the critics wrong. All clutch and guts!
Boogerboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #18
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
As raw and inexperienced as he is to this point... thrown to the wolves at the absolute low point of the season with zero reps... on a shiat team in flux with a front office decidedly not in his corner... he's led the team on this "epic run." Just imagine what he can do when you build a team around him, cater the offense to his skill set, dedicate the entire off-season to developing him as a pro quarterback. Then keep doing that for a few years. It will likely work.
Let's hope EFX manage to pull their heads out of their asses before it's too late...
Old 11-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #19
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Yep, great post! Until he has a full offseason as the #1 guy and they add another receiver and RB, hard to say if Tebow for sure if the future. But no way do I believe this current team, if had one of the top rookie QB's right now playing, they would still be winning like they are. No way.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #20
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

I mean, we saw Elway make lemonade out of lemons for years. But, I just don't recall ever being this dead in the water, and not only coming back into contention... but doing it on the road... all in the division. It's just nuts.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #21
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Epic run you say?

What about an epic spin move!

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #22
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

I snapped when Mathews got that big run in OT. I should have known better.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #23
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Good stuff, Popps. At this point, we just need Popps to add a 55 to his username and he'll be good to go.
DJ is clearly off the sauce. He's played extremely well during this run.

But, he's teased me like this before. Not jumping to any conclusions just yet.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #24
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
I mean, we saw Elway make lemonade out of lemons for years. But, I just don't recall ever being this dead in the water, and not only coming back into contention... but doing it on the road... all in the division. It's just nuts.
He may not be conventional, but you build a team around a guy like Tebow. This run is a fuggin bat signal that says just that.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #25
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
DJ is clearly off the sauce. He's played extremely well during this run.

But, he's teased me like this before. Not jumping to any conclusions just yet.
lol...fair enough. DJ FTW...that's my boy. I'm on such a high right now after this win. If OAK slips up we are right there to take it. It's very hard to even grasp that as a concept, but its true, we somehow could be right there in the postseason....hosting a playoff game nonetheless. Fun times.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote