The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Armchair Bronco
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default NFL Gameday Morning Segment: "The Tebow Revolution"

NFL Gameday Morning on the NFL Channel just had a fun, tongue-in-cheek segment called "The Tebow Revolution". Worth a look if you get a chance.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,271
Default

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...module=HP11_cp

The bold predictions segment was pretty good too, with two out of four mentions involving Tebow.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ld-predictions
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
Broncbow
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Speaking of revolution, I find myself today emerging as huge Bears fan.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Armchair Bronco
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...module=HP11_cp

The bold predictions segment was pretty good too, with two out of four mentions involving Tebow.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ld-predictions
Thanks for the links. In the banter that followed the segment, you could see how much Marshall Faulk hates Tim Tebow.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
Armchair Bronco
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncbow View Post
Speaking of revolution, I find myself today emerging as huge Bears fan.
The segment seemed to suggest that if any team is going to copy the Tebow Revolution, it will be Da Bears under their new signal caller.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,770

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

The video wouldn't open on my phone, so I'm making some blind comments here, but...

Has anyone else out there started noticing a few other teams trying the read option play. I saw KC run it recently, and heard comments from other fans that saw it from a couple other teams (maybe the Eagles with Vince Young?).

It's funny how everyone says the offensive style won't work, but other NFL teams are already tinkering with it.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,005

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Making defenses have to prepare for more things is never a bad thing.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
Armchair Bronco
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
The video wouldn't open on my phone, so I'm making some blind comments here, but...

Has anyone else out there started noticing a few other teams trying the read option play. I saw KC run it recently, and heard comments from other fans that saw it from a couple other teams (maybe the Eagles with Vince Young?).

It's funny how everyone says the offensive style won't work, but other NFL teams are already tinkering with it.
As noted, if you can force the D to prepared for a new wrinkle, that's a good thing. More and more teams will start copying this because it works.

Same reason why teams started copying the West Coast Offense back in the 1980's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 6,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

The thing that is bind boggling to me, is this:

The read option is only ran 5-10 times a game max...and Tebow only keeps it 2-3 times himself. Yet, somehow this is some new offense that the Broncos have build that won't last in the NFL. Really?

I mean come on. How about the Broncos have implemented a vanilia offense, because Tebow needs time to develop and the read option is a "Play" (not an offense), that they have installed into their game plan to help move the chains.

If I were John Fox/Mike McCoy....I would tape the Texans game to see how Kubiak is managing Leinhart. It will be alot of the same stuff we saw out of Jake Plummer with the delayed counter rollout. That play right there would absolutely kill defenses with Tebow running it. Why? Because 9-10 times it gives the QB the edge with no defenders in the picture outside of the CB. The QB has extra time to look down the field for his receivers or tuck it and run. Plummer used to hit guys down the field all the time...most often they are wide open. Leinhart just hit walters for 8yds, would have been 12 if he threw the ball sooner.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncbow View Post
Speaking of revolution, I find myself today emerging as huge Bears fan.

Just don't go buying a jersey.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #11
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,770

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
The thing that is bind boggling to me, is this:

The read option is only ran 5-10 times a game max...and Tebow only keeps it 2-3 times himself. Yet, somehow this is some new offense that the Broncos have build that won't last in the NFL. Really?

I mean come on. How about the Broncos have implemented a vanilia offense, because Tebow needs time to develop and the read option is a "Play" (not an offense), that they have installed into their game plan to help move the chains.

If I were John Fox/Mike McCoy....I would tape the Texans game to see how Kubiak is managing Leinhart. It will be alot of the same stuff we saw out of Jake Plummer with the delayed counter rollout. That play right there would absolutely kill defenses with Tebow running it. Why? Because 9-10 times it gives the QB the edge with no defenders in the picture outside of the CB. The QB has extra time to look down the field for his receivers or tuck it and run. Plummer used to hit guys down the field all the time...most often they are wide open. Leinhart just hit walters for 8yds, would have been 12 if he threw the ball sooner.
Nope, it will never work. In my Xs and Os thread, I was told that receivers in the NFL only get opn by 1-2 yards, and you only have .5 to 1 second to throw the ball. Receivers can never get "wide open" against NFL corners, nope, it just can't happen. Never. No way. Nope.

BTW - I agree with you whole heartedly. Combine our run game with the Shanahan-style offense and Tebow would have the time he needs to make his throws. If things go south, he can always run for 10-12 yards. It seems like a no-brainer to me.

Zone runs, bootlegs, FB and RB dump passes, and a more robust passing game to TE's. It would be a potent offense indeed.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #12
Armchair Bronco
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Would this be before or after Shannyham became utterly predictable and mediocre?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #13
Broncbow
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Just don't go buying a jersey.
My live in nanny is from Chicago, so is her boyfriend. He plays rugby for UNF, they beat an Austrailian team yesterday, guy is a huge Bears fan. Looking forward to catching this one with them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #14
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncbow View Post
My live in nanny is from Chicago, so is her boyfriend. He plays rugby for UNF, they beat an Austrailian team yesterday, guy is a huge Bears fan. Looking forward to catching this one with them.

Taunt him roundly and you have a nanny?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #15
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 8,247

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncbow View Post
My live in nanny is from Chicago, so is her boyfriend. He plays rugby for UNF, they beat an Austrailian team yesterday, guy is a huge Bears fan. Looking forward to catching this one with them.
pics or GTFO
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #16
Broncos4me
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncbow View Post
My live in nanny is from Chicago, so is her boyfriend. He plays rugby for UNF, they beat an Austrailian team yesterday, guy is a huge Bears fan. Looking forward to catching this one with them.
Well Mary Poppins is failing at her job if she's letting you post on the internet young man. She's supposed to give you a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down, so you can then hallucinate with some stranger that you are floating on the ceiling. Hmm, I wonder if Mary Poppins is really about the dangers of nannies and drug use.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #17
Broncbow
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
pics or GTFO


This is her and her boy friend Tim AKA Chachi he is one of the best players on the Rugby team. She just posted this pic from the game on Facebook.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #18
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 6,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Would this be before or after Shannyham became utterly predictable and mediocre?
Shannyham actually had a top 5 offense his last year in Denver...so, I have no idea WTH you are talking about!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #19
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncbow View Post


This is her and her boy friend Tim AKA Chachi he is one of the best players on the Rugby team. She just posted this pic from the game on Facebook.

Is his last name Arcola ?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #20
Broncbow
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Herf
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #21
Armchair Bronco
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Shannyham actually had a top 5 offense his last year in Denver...so, I have no idea WTH you are talking about!
Stats...schmatz. Our record was hovering around .500 and that's all that mattered.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Denver Broncos