The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Armchair Bronco

Default NFL Gameday Morning Segment: "The Tebow Revolution"

NFL Gameday Morning on the NFL Channel just had a fun, tongue-in-cheek segment called "The Tebow Revolution". Worth a look if you get a chance.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...module=HP11_cp

The bold predictions segment was pretty good too, with two out of four mentions involving Tebow.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ld-predictions
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
Broncbow

Speaking of revolution, I find myself today emerging as huge Bears fan.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...module=HP11_cp

The bold predictions segment was pretty good too, with two out of four mentions involving Tebow.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ld-predictions
Thanks for the links. In the banter that followed the segment, you could see how much Marshall Faulk hates Tim Tebow.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncbow View Post
The segment seemed to suggest that if any team is going to copy the Tebow Revolution, it will be Da Bears under their new signal caller.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

The video wouldn't open on my phone, so I'm making some blind comments here, but...

Has anyone else out there started noticing a few other teams trying the read option play. I saw KC run it recently, and heard comments from other fans that saw it from a couple other teams (maybe the Eagles with Vince Young?).

It's funny how everyone says the offensive style won't work, but other NFL teams are already tinkering with it.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Making defenses have to prepare for more things is never a bad thing.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
The video wouldn't open on my phone, so I'm making some blind comments here, but...

Has anyone else out there started noticing a few other teams trying the read option play. I saw KC run it recently, and heard comments from other fans that saw it from a couple other teams (maybe the Eagles with Vince Young?).

It's funny how everyone says the offensive style won't work, but other NFL teams are already tinkering with it.
As noted, if you can force the D to prepared for a new wrinkle, that's a good thing. More and more teams will start copying this because it works.

Same reason why teams started copying the West Coast Offense back in the 1980's.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

The thing that is bind boggling to me, is this:

The read option is only ran 5-10 times a game max...and Tebow only keeps it 2-3 times himself. Yet, somehow this is some new offense that the Broncos have build that won't last in the NFL. Really?

I mean come on. How about the Broncos have implemented a vanilia offense, because Tebow needs time to develop and the read option is a "Play" (not an offense), that they have installed into their game plan to help move the chains.

If I were John Fox/Mike McCoy....I would tape the Texans game to see how Kubiak is managing Leinhart. It will be alot of the same stuff we saw out of Jake Plummer with the delayed counter rollout. That play right there would absolutely kill defenses with Tebow running it. Why? Because 9-10 times it gives the QB the edge with no defenders in the picture outside of the CB. The QB has extra time to look down the field for his receivers or tuck it and run. Plummer used to hit guys down the field all the time...most often they are wide open. Leinhart just hit walters for 8yds, would have been 12 if he threw the ball sooner.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

Just don't go buying a jersey.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #11
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
The thing that is bind boggling to me, is this:

The read option is only ran 5-10 times a game max...and Tebow only keeps it 2-3 times himself. Yet, somehow this is some new offense that the Broncos have build that won't last in the NFL. Really?

I mean come on. How about the Broncos have implemented a vanilia offense, because Tebow needs time to develop and the read option is a "Play" (not an offense), that they have installed into their game plan to help move the chains.

If I were John Fox/Mike McCoy....I would tape the Texans game to see how Kubiak is managing Leinhart. It will be alot of the same stuff we saw out of Jake Plummer with the delayed counter rollout. That play right there would absolutely kill defenses with Tebow running it. Why? Because 9-10 times it gives the QB the edge with no defenders in the picture outside of the CB. The QB has extra time to look down the field for his receivers or tuck it and run. Plummer used to hit guys down the field all the time...most often they are wide open. Leinhart just hit walters for 8yds, would have been 12 if he threw the ball sooner.
Nope, it will never work. In my Xs and Os thread, I was told that receivers in the NFL only get opn by 1-2 yards, and you only have .5 to 1 second to throw the ball. Receivers can never get "wide open" against NFL corners, nope, it just can't happen. Never. No way. Nope.

BTW - I agree with you whole heartedly. Combine our run game with the Shanahan-style offense and Tebow would have the time he needs to make his throws. If things go south, he can always run for 10-12 yards. It seems like a no-brainer to me.

Zone runs, bootlegs, FB and RB dump passes, and a more robust passing game to TE's. It would be a potent offense indeed.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #12
Armchair Bronco

Would this be before or after Shannyham became utterly predictable and mediocre?
Old 11-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #13
Broncbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Just don't go buying a jersey.
My live in nanny is from Chicago, so is her boyfriend. He plays rugby for UNF, they beat an Austrailian team yesterday, guy is a huge Bears fan. Looking forward to catching this one with them.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #14
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
My live in nanny is from Chicago, so is her boyfriend. He plays rugby for UNF, they beat an Austrailian team yesterday, guy is a huge Bears fan. Looking forward to catching this one with them.

Taunt him roundly and you have a nanny?
Old 11-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #15
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
pics or GTFO
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #16
Broncos4me

Quote:
Well Mary Poppins is failing at her job if she's letting you post on the internet young man. She's supposed to give you a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down, so you can then hallucinate with some stranger that you are floating on the ceiling. Hmm, I wonder if Mary Poppins is really about the dangers of nannies and drug use.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #17
Broncbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
pics or GTFO

This is her and her boy friend Tim AKA Chachi he is one of the best players on the Rugby team. She just posted this pic from the game on Facebook.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #18
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Would this be before or after Shannyham became utterly predictable and mediocre?
Shannyham actually had a top 5 offense his last year in Denver...so, I have no idea WTH you are talking about!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #19
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

This is her and her boy friend Tim AKA Chachi he is one of the best players on the Rugby team. She just posted this pic from the game on Facebook.

Is his last name Arcola ?
Old 11-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #20
Broncbow

Herf
Old 11-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #21
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Shannyham actually had a top 5 offense his last year in Denver...so, I have no idea WTH you are talking about!
Stats...schmatz. Our record was hovering around .500 and that's all that mattered.