The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 02:32 AM   #1
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default Paige: Fox A Tebow Backer

SAN DIEGO — Tebowhemians, John Fox is more committed to his quarterback than you are.

"I switched quarterbacks (in the second half of the first Chargers game). I started Tim (against the Dolphins). I stuck with him (after the Lions game). I changed the offense (to the run-oriented option before the Raiders game).

"Would I do all that if I didn't like him?" John Fox asked, then answered: "I want him to succeed . . . I'm Tim Tebow​'s biggest fan."

On July 6, during the lockout, in a previous visit to Fox's office, I asked what he wanted in a quarterback. "I prefer a gamer to a good practice player. . . . I want someone who will execute under pressure in a game."

Fox has found his gamer — and likes him.



Read more: Paige: Broncos coach John Fox a big fan of Tim Tebow horsepower - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_1...#ixzz1etrxN31q
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

More from the article:

"I'll say this about Tim: On the play we scored on (to beat the Jets), he told me he wanted the ball. In that way, he reminds me of Jake Delhomme​" — Fox's starting quarterback with the Panthers from 2003-09. Fox liked Delhomme.

The general belief is that Tebow continues to be a deficient passer. "That's how people on the outside may judge him, but, to me, he's improving every week," Fox said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to click the link and check out the article. Woody has a bunch of good nuggets of info in there...including the reaveal of the answer to the question of who supports Tebow in the front office.

Good stuff from Paige. Give it a look.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 02:41 AM   #2
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Oh what the ****. He's nothing like Delhomme...
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:45 AM   #3
The Joker
Ring of Famer
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

But he has to let him throw teh football!!
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:00 AM   #4
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Oh what the ****. He's nothing like Delhomme...
He was talking about Tebow's competitiveness, not his playing style.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:04 AM   #5
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
But he has to let him throw teh football!!
Paige reveals in the article that Xanders is a Tebow backer as well, leaving only one piece of EFX unsold. We all know who that is, no reason to rehash that here. But that bodes well for the possibility that Denver will roll with Tebow again next season barring some unforseen circumstance.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:18 AM   #6
Armchair Bronco
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

This article by Woody was well written and easy to digest. If there's hope for Woody's readability, there's hope for Tebow's accuracy!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:21 AM   #7
Armchair Bronco
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
Paige reveals in the article that Xanders is a Tebow backer as well, leaving only one piece of EFX unsold. We all know who that is, no reason to rehash that here. But that bodes well for the possibility that Denver will roll with Tebow again next season barring some unforseen circumstance.
How much real power does Xander's have in the new regime? When Shannyham was around, our GM's were just number crunchers who rubber stamped Little Napoleon's orders.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:40 AM   #8
vonqkilla
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Blaa blaaa blaaaa.

So tired of Tebow drama.
Let me break this down.

We are 5-5 and likely need to go 4-2 to make the playoffs.

Right now our def is carrying this team. A competent qb would have blown out the jets.

Until he shows progress objective reasonable football people will look at him and question his ability.

The answer : keep winning and keep getting better.

If he does that, he should be given an offseason and a shot at being the qbotf.

Bottomline - Tebow is the Qb of the NOW. So win.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:48 AM   #9
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonqkilla View Post
Blaa blaaa blaaaa.

So tired of Tebow drama.
Let me break this down.

We are 5-5 and likely need to go 4-2 to make the playoffs.

Right now our def is carrying this team. A competent qb would have blown out the jets.

Until he shows progress objective reasonable football people will look at him and question his ability.

The answer : keep winning and keep getting better.

If he does that, he should be given an offseason and a shot at being the qbotf.

Bottomline - Tebow is the Qb of the NOW. So win.
you are so going to hell for this post ...........never seen such a blatant unabashed form of blasphemous garbage in all my days as a Tebonner ......
repent you bastard .........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:02 AM   #10
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonqkilla View Post
Blaa blaaa blaaaa.

So tired of Tebow drama.
Let me break this down.

We are 5-5 and likely need to go 4-2 to make the playoffs.

Right now our def is carrying this team. A competent qb would have blown out the jets.

Until he shows progress objective reasonable football people will look at him and question his ability.

The answer : keep winning and keep getting better.

If he does that, he should be given an offseason and a shot at being the qbotf.

Bottomline - Tebow is the Qb of the NOW. So win.
Ah, a terrifying injection of reality into the proceedings.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:10 AM   #11
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
you are so going to hell for this post ...........never seen such a blatant unabashed form of blasphemous garbage in all my days as a Tebonner ......
repent you bastard .........
Be careful or the Teboner Inquisition will get your ass too.


elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:19 AM   #12
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Be careful or the Teboner Inquisition will get your ass too.


am a convert ........ Just this morning i said hey you , what in the Name of Tebow is your punk ass doing ? Timmy H tebow you silly bastard you almost took my mirror off ...........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #13
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonqkilla View Post
Blaa blaaa blaaaa.

So tired of Tebow drama.
Let me break this down.

We are 5-5 and likely need to go 4-2 to make the playoffs.

Right now our def is carrying this team. A competent qb would have blown out the jets.

Until he shows progress objective reasonable football people will look at him and question his ability.

The answer : keep winning and keep getting better.

If he does that, he should be given an offseason and a shot at being the qbotf.

Bottomline - Tebow is the Qb of the NOW. So win.
Orton was your "competent QB" and we got our asses handed to us. There is more to this game than what Trent Dilfer would have you believe. Dawkins, Champ, Miller, all on record that they like, really like Tebow under center. Dawkins is the first one to congratulate Tim on the sideline and champ isn't far behind. If Tebow inspires better play in them then it is reasonable to conclude the sae can be true for the rest of them. Leaders make us want to be better, work harder etc. KO was never a leader and certainly not inspirational.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #14
uplink
Ring of Famer
 
uplink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,055
Default

Looks like things are becoming clearer on the EFX Tebow Split Woody has been eluding to all season:

X - for
E - against (may be likely "cook" source saying Tebow is 4th best QB on team)
F - undecided, breaks the tie (but may have changed his mind)
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #15
KO5K
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
Looks like things are becoming clearer on the EFX Tebow Split Woody has been eluding to all season:

X - for
E - against (may be likely "cook" source saying Tebow is 4th best QB on team)
F - undecided, breaks the tie (but may have changed his mind)
I think Fox is more undecided/for nowadays, Tebow is allowing him to run the kind of football style he loves and they're winning games. I agree with the other two.

But I'd like to think that Elway wouldn't stoop so low to be the source, I think it's more likely it was someone like B Lloyd.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:18 AM   #16
Broncbow
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
Paige reveals in the article that Xanders is a Tebow backer as well, leaving only one piece of EFX unsold. We all know who that is, no reason to rehash that here. But that bodes well for the possibility that Denver will roll with Tebow again next season barring some unforseen circumstance.
Excellent point.

The only piece that matters is the same piece that is in complete control.

Fox is a joke.

One minute this the next minute that.

I mean Orton gives this team the best chance to win to...
Tebow is crap a player who would be screwed if, to I am his biggest fan. What a kook.

Guy is a push over marshmellow that is caught in the middle of Elways Tebow guillotine. He clearly possess no back bone whatsover. What a b****.

Fox has spent the past 10 games jamming Tebows head into Elways guillotine, his damage control campaign designed to remove him as far as possible from the demonizing comments regarding Tebow means nothing.

I mean what are you going to believe, the Fox that talks crap out of the one side of his mouth, or the Sly Fox who claims to be Tebows biggest fan?


Last edited by Broncbow; 11-27-2011 at 08:23 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:20 AM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,420

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

X - Probably one of people, along with Josh, who talked Bowlen into making that boneheaded trade of three players to move back into the first round for Tebow. From that moment on, he's on board with Tebow, sink or swim.

E - Had a steaming pile of Josh ruin dropped in his lap. Only cares about getting this franchise back to its glory days, when it won every home game and made the playoffs every year. Doesn't really care if Tebow, or somebody else, is the QB, as long as they get the job done.

F - Coach. Uses coach speak. Has a job to keep. Winning makes that goal possible. Will say what he needs to keep the players working hard as a team. Will coach whoever the FO gives him and will do his best to win games with the players he has, like every other coach in the NFL.

Teboners - Will biatch and whine like spoiled little girls no matter what happens. (Which is why, if you think about it, this article even exists. Fox is responding to the waves of whining that continue to engulf Dove Valley. He's just not showing enough devotion to their love idol and has to continuously defend himself).

Last edited by Rohirrim; 11-27-2011 at 08:23 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #18
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
X - Probably one of people, along with Josh, who talked Bowlen into making that boneheaded trade of three players to move back into the first round for Tebow. From that moment on, he's on board with Tebow, sink or swim.

E - Had a steaming pile of Josh ruin dropped in his lap. Only cares about getting this franchise back to its glory days, when it won every home game and made the playoffs every year. Doesn't really care if Tebow, or somebody else, is the QB, as long as they get the job done.

F - Coach. Uses coach speak. Has a job to keep. Winning makes that goal possible. Will say what he needs to keep the players working hard as a team. Will coach whoever the FO gives him and will do his best to win games with the players he has, like every other coach in the NFL.

Teboners - Will biatch and whine like spoiled little girls no matter what happens. (Which is why, if you think about it, this article even exists. Fox is responding to the waves of whining that continue to engulf Dove Valley. He's just not showing enough devotion to their love idol and has to continuously defend himself).
Haters - Can't enjoy wins because of the QB that is starting. They cry about everything. They worry more about what reporters say than having a good team.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #19
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin
 
broncolife's Avatar
 
Ice and Fire

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 3,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
Looks like things are becoming clearer on the EFX Tebow Split Woody has been eluding to all season:

X - for
E - against (may be likely "cook" source saying Tebow is 4th best QB on team)
F - undecided, breaks the tie (but may have changed his mind)
Thank you. I never knew what that efx stood for. I thought it meant front office.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,420

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Haters - Can't enjoy wins because of the QB that is starting. They cry about everything. They worry more about what reporters say than having a good team.
I knew that post would draw out some Tebowhiners.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #21
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,552

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
Thank you. I never knew what that efx stood for. I thought it meant front office.
What office do you think the GM and VP occupy?
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #22
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I knew that post would draw out some Tebowhiners.
Trolls will troll.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:45 AM   #23
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
What office do you think the GM and VP occupy?
office of Tebow of course
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #24
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,420

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Trolls will troll.
We all know you'll be rooting for the Chargers today. The cat's out of the bag on that one, Chargers fan.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #25
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,552

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
office of Tebow of course
The one with the pointy roof, painted ceiling, and stained glass windows?
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Denver Broncos