The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Armchair Bronco

Default Recommend some You-Know-Who College DVD's

I have to admit that other than bits and pieces of the Florida championship games, I haven't watched many Florida Gators games back when Tebow was running the show.

I'd like to buy a few Tebow & Gator highlight reel DVD's, but there are a lot of choices.

The site gatorsdvdcom.x-shops.com (link) has a bunch of different offerings. Which ones should I start with?

- 4 DVD Set with 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 highlights

- 2007 official highlight DVD

- 2008 & 2009 official highlight DVD

- 2009 highlights + entire BCS Sugar Bowl game

- 2008 highlights + nat'l. championship game in Miami

- 2007 BCS Championship game
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
Jay3

I honestly don't know -- I watched just about all of them live. Good luck finding out.

But I will say this -- it's hard to "get" Tebow just from highights. Some of them look kind of pedestrian. But living through them in the moment, watching games live, you get the sense of how he's up to every challenge, that he's in tune to the tempo of the game and the crowd, and just comes through in every key essential situation.

I would watch the 2007 LSU game -- a game the Gators lost to the eventual national champion. Tebow was only a sophomore, but he went into that place (one of the hardest places to win is LSU at night), and he rocked that crowd. Taunted them with the famous "call me" gesture. And he played plenty well enough to win. Had a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, but turnovers and three 4th down conversions by Les Miles got the victory.

That game more than any represents SEC football at its finest.

I would also recommend the 2008 Georgia game. Tebow was on a mission that game, and it showed.

Most of the 2009 games are efficient, ugly wins. That team had problems, coaching issues, play-calling problems. They just won by asking Tebow to put the team on his back all year.

The 2010 Sugar Bowl is nice to watch -- Cincinnati kept saying they would just play soft contain and force Tebow to throw it, so he went 33-35 for almost 500 yards.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I honestly don't know -- I watched just about all of them live. Good luck finding out.

But I will say this -- it's hard to "get" Tebow just from highights. Some of them look kind of pedestrian. But living through them in the moment, watching games live, you get the sense of how he's up to every challenge, that he's in tune to the tempo of the game and the crowd, and just comes through in every key essential situation.

Yeah, ideally I'd like to watch entire games from start to finish. I agree this is the only way to see and appreciate "Tebow Time". Trouble is, I just can't seem to find any site that sells individual games. After the epic Boise State game a few years ago, the football program wisely started selling the entire game (and post game), but it doesn't seem like the Gators have done this.

Where else could I look for bootleg game footage of Tebow? I already checked Amazon and Ebay but came up empty.

Last edited by Armchair Bronco; 11-23-2011 at 05:43 PM..
Old 11-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
The 2010 Sugar Bowl is nice to watch -- Cincinnati kept saying they would just play soft contain and force Tebow to throw it, so he went 33-35 for almost 500 yards.
This game in its entirety is also available. But given the choice, I'd rather watch Tebow earlier in his career.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I recommend learning college success means jack **** in the NFL.
:facepalm
Old 11-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #6
Ronnie Tsunami

I find sell high-quality laser cut tim tebow florida gator authentic licensed nfl college nba nhl champion dvd for cheap at website I find the other day!

happy quality, buy for yourself or for family for holiday and christmas. very trustworthy, 5.99 champion dvd sale now! not sure if scam, but i order and get mine on time so it look safe.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #7
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
I find sell high-quality laser cut tim tebow florida gator authentic licensed nfl college nba nhl champion dvd for cheap at website I find the other day!

happy quality, buy for yourself or for family for holiday and christmas. very trustworthy, 5.99 champion dvd sale now! not sure if scam, but i order and get mine on time so it look safe.
linky?
Old 11-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
linky?
REP for that! Won frem Colum A and Troo frum Colum B
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #9
Jay3

Quote:
This game in its entirety is also available. But given the choice, I'd rather watch Tebow earlier in his career.
Then seriously, 2007 LSU is a must-see. Ironically a loss, but it's when I knew for sure that the kid was something special and for real.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #10
Jay3

Then go watch 2008 LSU, where he wipes the floor with them (ranked #3, undefeatd, reigning national champion LSU) and takes that one off the books on the way to the National Championship.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #11
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Then seriously, 2007 LSU is a must-see. Ironically a loss, but it's when I knew for sure that the kid was something special and for real.
Quote:
Then go watch 2008 LSU, where he wipes the floor with them (ranked #3, undefeatd, reigning national champion LSU) and takes that one off the books on the way to the National Championship.
OK. So now I have a plan. Next step is to find the goods.

I'm also a huge Lance Armstrong fan and still need to track down videos of his early Tour de France wins. Once he started racking up the consecutive wins (TDF 5, 6, 7) the playbook was essentially the same, but it was those early wins that showed the potential with a different (more frenetic) style of racing.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #12
Armchair Bronco

Apparently some guy is selling the LSU - Gator game from 2007 for $25.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #13
Shananahan

Quote:
OK. So now I have a plan. Next step is to find the goods.
This looks legit: http://www.myfootballdvds.com/2007/football_ncaa_florida_lsu.html
Old 11-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #14
Jay3

Quote:
Apparently some guy is selling the LSU - Gator game from 2007 for $25.
I might go for some of that action.