The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
Armchair Bronco

Default Madden 13 to Support the Read Option Offense

It just occurred to me that with the popularity of Denver's new "Read Option Offense" the programmers working on Madden 13 (for the 2012 season) are probably burning the midnight oil adding code to support Denver's version of the Florida Gator's playbook.

You know what this means, don't you? Next year, you'll be able to see how Brady or Orton or even Big Ben would look running the Read Option!

Call me "Old School", but I can't wait for Madden 13!

(EDIT: Added my prototype cover art below.)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Armchair Bronco; 11-22-2011 at 09:25 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

It gawd damn!!! better!!!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
theStifmeister

Its already in Madden 11. Its under gun, called broncos heavy or something.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

EA also makes NCAA Football 12 btw. As for them burning midnight oil for Madden. They've not given a **** about real innovation since EA purchased a monopoly on NFL games and killed off NFL 2K. The current deal extends through 2013. Hopefully it ends there.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #5
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by theStifmeister View Post
Well, I'm hoping that in Madden 13 it will be renamed as "Tebow Time" or "Denver Read Option".

Unfortunately, if the programmers stay true to reality, the first time you call an Option Read, it will work brilliantly for 12 yards. But from that point on, all you'll get will be straight ahead runs with the QB lining up under center.

:facepalm

Last edited by Armchair Bronco; 11-22-2011 at 08:03 PM..
Old 11-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #6
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theStifmeister View Post

Yea in 11 the Broncos O "kinda" has it... in the Bronco heavy you can read option on a couple of plays . You hike the ball and if you want to hand it to Royal you hold/hit the hike button again once you have the ball and to keep it you dont hit anything... But they don't have any read plays that you can give it to the HB that I know of yet.

THE better way if you really want to run the read option is to pick the Titans or the Eagles play books... They actually have a ton of read option plays that go to the HB or others that you do what I said above and is basically the read option like we have ran with Tebow.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #7
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You assume they actually do anything in between versions other than change a few name strings....
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #9
theStifmeister

the damn A.I. is to good now a days and wouldn't see myself using it consistently
Old 11-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #10
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
You assume they actually do anything in between versions other than change a few name strings....
You're underestimating all the hard work that goes into Chris Collinsworth's playful banter and deep football insights after a sack, turnover, blocked kick, or other pivotal moment in a virtual game.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #11
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
You're underestimating all the hard work that goes into Chris Collinsworth's playful banter and deep football insights after a sack, turnover, blocked kick, or other pivotal moment in a virtual game.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #12
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post

Can you shut of the commentary? cause i will if i have to listen to collingsworth talk after every play.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #13
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

EA sucks! I originally thought Madden 12 was different than others. The more i played it the more i realized nothing much has changed. Playing guys online pick 2-3 plays all game long. Computer guys never figure it out. Tired of Champ dropping ints that hit him right in the hands. They have no competition so if it sucks, oh well, no one else is making any other NFL game.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #14
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
EA sucks! I originally thought Madden 12 was different than others. The more i played it the more i realized nothing much has changed. Playing guys online pick 2-3 plays all game long. Computer guys never figure it out. Tired of Champ dropping ints that hit him right in the hands. They have no competition so if it sucks, oh well, no one else is making any other NFL game.

You have to but the game once every 3 years cause they really change very little it just keeps peeps buying it yearly **** them just wait till they make the real changes then buy it.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #15
Perry1977
Shutdown Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
This^^
Perry1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #16
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Who wants to bet tebow is on the cover next year?
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #17
Soul-Bronco
Broncos 4 Life ! ! !

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
QFT !! Madden has been a train wreck ever since they switched from xbox to the xbox 360 version. champ drops 2 or 3 picks and the new madden is extremely slow on xboxlive
Soul-Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #18
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

All i wanna know is can you truck midgets in 13?
Old 11-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #19
Soul-Bronco
Broncos 4 Life ! ! !

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
Who wants to bet tebow is on the cover next year?
please NO ! ! ! The madden curse has struck every year, we dont need that evil on us ricky bobby........wait tho, if anyone can slay the madden curse it'd be tebow !
Soul-Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #20
Armchair Bronco

I just put together what I think the next cover art should look like. What do you guys think?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Armchair Bronco; 11-22-2011 at 08:01 PM..
Old 11-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #21
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Yeah, the passes are something that get to me. The DBs have that awareness to get into position, but so many times it just hits them in the hands and they drop it.

Statistically, it's realistic - if it weren't that way DBs would be getting 2-3 pics a game. But they need to change the gameflow.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #22
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-Bronco View Post
please NO ! ! ! The madden curse has struck every year, we dont need that evil on us ricky bobby........wait tho, if anyone can slay the madden curse it'd be tebow !
Yeah, on second thought...with the Madden Curse and the number "13" looming, maybe this isn't such a great idea for cover art after all.

...unless EA Sports decides to skip "13" and jump directly from 12 to 14.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:28 PM   #23
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
EA also makes NCAA Football 12 btw. As for them burning midnight oil for Madden. They've not given a **** about real innovation since EA purchased a monopoly on NFL games and killed off NFL 2K. The current deal extends through 2013. Hopefully it ends there.
Yep.

EA is the Devil
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #24
Armchair Bronco

Word on the street is the the EA programmers have just finished coding up a "Tebowing" module for Madden 13. But only Tebow or D-line players from the Lions can use the new maneuver.