The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Week 12 Gambling

So last week was a tough week. After a perfect week before, I only had small winnings. My wife has also claimed all my money for Christmas so I've taken $100 into ~$800 in 3 weeks and now gonna go down to about $100 again. I'm getting into finals at school so I'll be firing off early this week and then putting away my computer. Usually I spend the week getting opinions, gauging the feel for the game, awaiting injury news, etc.

Anyways, this week's lines:

Pack(-6)@Lions
Dolphins@Cowboys(-7)
Niners@Ravens(-3)
Browns@Bengals(-7)
Panthers(-3 1/2)@Colts
Bucs@Titans(-3)
Bills@Jets(-8)
Texans(-3)@Jags
Skins@Seahawks(-4)
Bears@Raiders(-5)
Broncos@Chargers(-6 1/2)

Cardinals/Rams, Vikes/Falcons, Pats/Eagles, and Steelers/Chefs have no line out yet.

See anything you just can't pass up?

So far I'm on a 12 pt teaser for Pack+6, Niners+15, Texans+9, Panthers+8 1/2. I'm also on a big parlay that includes Pack -6, Niners+3, Panthers -3 1/2, Texans -3, and Broncos+6 1/2. I'm not sure why I did the Broncos one as if the Parlay is relying on them, there's almost no chance I let that ride. I'll probably put whatever money is left on Houston and Carolina. The Hou spread is already at -125 so it'll probably change tomorrow to 3 1/2 or 4. The only catch with the teams I'm taking is I think I'm seeing the value because the teams are mostly on the road. We'll see though.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/index.php
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
F off, idiot.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Are you doing a lot of teasers? I'm thinking about doing a 6 team vegas teaser.
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #5
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

HOU -3? That seems pretty good. Even with Leinart at QB.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:47 AM   #6
beardedwonder
Rookie

go america. go broncos.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
F off, idiot.
Wow attacking someone that's trying to help you

step 1 is admitting u have a problem
beardedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #7
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedwonder View Post
Wow attacking someone that's trying to help you

step 1 is admitting u have a problem
My only problem is people assuming I have a problem.

Every person who drinks alcohol isn't an alcoholic. Every person who gambles isn't an addict. Every person who brings their stupid comments into a thread and injects them where they aren't wanted is, in fact, an a-hole.

I don't have an a-holesannonymous link for you but maybe you and the idiot above can team up and find one together.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #8
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
Are you doing a lot of teasers? I'm thinking about doing a 6 team vegas teaser.
I do them sometimes but the reality is that in most circumstances (unless you're talking a 10+ point cover), the 6 points they give aren't going to help too much if the team just doesn't show up. You just have to be selective in what you take because you're still banking on a lot of things to happen the right way. I think I did one Vegas teaser but mostly I do the 4 team, 12 pointers.

6 points is less than a touchdown leeway from the original line but it also doesn't have the grand payoff of a normal parlay at only 5-1. It would all depend on whether I thought I needed more than the 6 points.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #9
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
So last week was a tough week. After a perfect week before, I only had small winnings. My wife has also claimed all my money for Christmas so I've taken $100 into ~$800 in 3 weeks and now gonna go down to about $100 again. I'm getting into finals at school so I'll be firing off early this week and then putting away my computer. Usually I spend the week getting opinions, gauging the feel for the game, awaiting injury news, etc.

Anyways, this week's lines:

Pack(-6)@Lions
Dolphins@Cowboys(-7)
Niners@Ravens(-3)
Browns@Bengals(-7)
Panthers(-3 1/2)@Colts
Bucs@Titans(-3)
Bills@Jets(-8)
Texans(-3)@Jags
Skins@Seahawks(-4)
Bears@Raiders(-5)
Broncos@Chargers(-6 1/2)

Cardinals/Rams, Vikes/Falcons, Pats/Eagles, and Steelers/Chefs have no line out yet.

See anything you just can't pass up?

So far I'm on a 12 pt teaser for Pack+6, Niners+15, Texans+9, Panthers+8 1/2. I'm also on a big parlay that includes Pack -6, Niners+3, Panthers -3 1/2, Texans -3, and Broncos+6 1/2. I'm not sure why I did the Broncos one as if the Parlay is relying on them, there's almost no chance I let that ride. I'll probably put whatever money is left on Houston and Carolina. The Hou spread is already at -125 so it'll probably change tomorrow to 3 1/2 or 4. The only catch with the teams I'm taking is I think I'm seeing the value because the teams are mostly on the road. We'll see though.
I really don't like teasers, but looking at these 2 games straight up my gut tells me..

Dolphins@Cowboys(-7) - The Cowboys at home on Thanksgiving should win this game by 14-17 points, last week they struggled against the Skins, this week they are at home.

Bears@Raiders(-5) - The Raiders get the Bears with a fill-in QB. This will be a game decided by which Defense does better, I give the edge to the Raiders at home.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #10
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

The Bears are going to beat the Raiders...with Caleb Hanie...and it's going to be hilarious...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #11
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
The Bears are going to beat the Raiders...with Caleb Hanie...and it's going to be hilarious...
I don't think it's the most far-fetched idea. I recall Hanie playing well when given a shot. Ponder almost had them in the game the other day with, what, 3 INTs? And no Peterson for most of the game. The Bears D, Hester, and Hanie always having the option to check down to Forte makes me think that, at the very least, it's not a guaranteed win for Oakland. It's now much more winnable for the Raiders but the Raiders definitely have to show up as well.