The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Default Elway on Vic and Gary just now

When asked if he is any closer to knowing who the QB is going to be next year than he was 6 weeks ago..."No."
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
Jay3

That's a dumb answer. He doesn't have to commit to Tebow, or say he's got his answer yet, but "are you any closer?" Easy to say "We've seen some things, I think we're closer than we were when we didn't have a chance to see him play."

Even if he secretly thinks "I'm closer to knowing it's not Tebow," find a way to answer that's not "no."
Old 11-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
Bahshay
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'll say this about the front office, at least they are honest.
Bahshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #4
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Yup, went back to his tone from before the Chiefs game - somewhat distancing himself from Tim. Pointed out they have to be better in the passing game, was critical of Tebow's 3rd down conversions and the consecutive 3-and-outs. Gave a lot of credit to the defense and was very complimentary of McBean, Thomas and Bunkley.

Also talked about Elway being at the Baylor game although he tried to downplay that he was looking at QB and said he had to look at all positions (but lets be honest here, he went to look at RG3 just like he went to Stanford to look at Luck up to Boulder when Arizona was in town to see Foles).

Finally sounded very open to the possiblity of installing an Orton or Quinn package in passing situations per Bill Cowher's comments Sunday.

Last edited by montrose; 11-21-2011 at 07:41 AM..
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #5
KO5K

When Tebow is averaging something like 15 passes a game of which a large number of low % passes, it's going to be difficult to learn anything about him as a passer.

Fox/McCoy are just about putting Tebow in a position to win, but they're not giving him the opportunity to convince EFX to keep him around (not that that's necessarily a problem, wins are the most important thing to me as a fan).
Old 11-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #6
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Conveniently left out that his follow up was Tim continues to get better but our third down needs to improve because where it is at won't win you a championship.

Felt it was an honest and thoughtful answer
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
KO5K

Elway's reaction on Thursday was very telling.

You can b**** about trying too read to much into things, but the combination of a light applause and everything he's ever said makes a pretty easy conclusion that Elway is not on board the Tebow train.

FWIW, Xanders was fist pumping behind Elway.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #8
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

I thought it was interesting that he talked about "finally opening up" on the last drive with tebow...it sounded like they'd reigned him in purposely the entire game, right up until 5 minutes left in the fourth. Did I misinterpret what he said? Anyone else catch that?
Boobs McGee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Bill Cowher mentioned having an Orton or Quinn package - when asked, Elway said - "It might be something we think about this week".
-mhr
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #10
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
That's a dumb answer. He doesn't have to commit to Tebow, or say he's got his answer yet, but "are you any closer?" Easy to say "We've seen some things, I think we're closer than we were when we didn't have a chance to see him play."

Even if he secretly thinks "I'm closer to knowing it's not Tebow," find a way to answer that's not "no."
Frankly, I'm glad Elway is focusing on the team, what it needs and where we'll go moving forward rather than public relations or worrying about the overly-sensitive nancies. "WAH! He needs to say THIS instead of THAT, because THIS would unwad my panties." Give me a break.

EVERYTHING is being evaluated. This isn't a one-man team, it never has been.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #11
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Frankly, I'm glad Elway is focusing on the team, what it needs and where we'll go moving forward rather than public relations or worrying about the overly-sensitive nancies. "WAH! He needs to say THIS instead of THAT, because THIS would unwad my panties." Give me a break.

EVERYTHING is being evaluated. This isn't a one-man team, it never has been.
I just flatly don't believe the answer -- there's no way he's not any closer. Whether it's to the good or bad. He's going into clinch-up mode because it was a Tebow question and his brain locked.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #12
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Kinda where I sit. I'm not convinced yet that this is the BEST WE CAN DO.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #13
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

I think he is waiting until Tim has played 11 games to determine his status.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #14
CEH
Ring of Famer

Elway says the passing game is not good enough to win Championships
"Ahhh no" was his answer to if he was closer to a decision. Elway made it clear you cannot win Championships going 3 and out seven times.

I would have hoped he was a little more positive about Tim but he was pretty critical of the offense and by extentsion Tebow when Elway says it's the QB primary job to convert 3rd downs
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #15
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
Bill Cowher mentioned having an Orton or Quinn package - when asked, Elway said - "It might be something we think about this week".
-mhr
For real?

Watch Orton execute a perfect 80 yard drive for a touchdown. Then on the next drive Fox can hardly put Tebow back in so Orton stays out only this time he goes three and out. On the next drive, Fox decides that first drive was so good that Orton should go back out and hey presto, we're back to watching ****ing Orton again. Eventually we'll lose the game but Orton will have looked good passing on a few drives so he ends up taking the job back.

Seriously can't believe they're actually considering this.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #16
Bahshay
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I just flatly don't believe the answer -- there's no way he's not any closer. Whether it's to the good or bad. He's going into clinch-up mode because it was a Tebow question and his brain locked.
Well, if at the start of the season he didn't know who his 2012 QB was going to be, and he still doesn't know who his 2012 QB is going to be, then he is no closer. Even if he is becoming more certain that Tebow won't be the start, he is still no closer to knowing who will be.
Bahshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #17
MacGruder

This is what happens when you ahve guys who get paid to do nothing... too many people sitting around trying to make it look like they are earning all the money they get.. over analysis...

Elway should be thinking about replacing the guys developing Tebow not Tebow..
Old 11-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #18
Shotgun Willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
For real?

Watch Orton execute a perfect 80 yard drive for a touchdown. Then on the next drive Fox can hardly put Tebow back in so Orton stays out only this time he goes three and out. On the next drive, Fox decides that first drive was so good that Orton should go back out and hey presto, we're back to watching ****ing Orton again. Eventually we'll lose the game but Orton will have looked good passing on a few drives so he ends up taking the job back.

Seriously can't believe they're actually considering this.
Put Orton in there early in the game and only between the 20s. Have Tebow work the red zone and entire 4th quarter.

Can't be any uglier than what we've been fielding recently.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #19
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Per Vic Lombardi:

Gotta give Elway credit regarding his assessment of Tebow. He's been nothing but honest with us. He wants to see improvement on 3rd down
Old 11-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #20
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Willie View Post
Put Orton in there early in the game and only between the 20s. Have Tebow work the red zone and entire 4th quarter.

Ug, not this ****e again.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #21
KO5K

Quote:

But if Orton goes in throws a few nice passes and gets to the redzone, how can you then pull the guy?

Seriously, I don't quite understand how EFX can actually be considering this.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #22
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
This isn't a one-man team, it never has been.
Actually, it pretty much is. Maybe a two man team; Tebow and Miller.

We're in pretty much the same boat as the Colts. And before you poop your pants about comparing Tebow to Manning, relax. I'm not comparing them at all, but the situations.

The Colts are completely a one man team. They're a perennial 10-13 win team with Manning, and a 0 win team without him. Yes there are 52 other players, but the success hinges on 1 man.

Tell me the difference between this year's 1-4 Broncos and this years 4-1 Broncos. One Man can make all the difference in the world. We've seen it all year with the Colts and we've seen it the last 5 weeks with the Broncos.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #23
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
-mhr
Elway should be fired if he does this...
Old 11-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #24
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
But if Orton goes in throws a few nice passes and gets to the redzone, how can you then pull the guy?

Seriously, I don't quite understand how EFX can actually be considering this.
or could it be Elway refusing to tell the truth.....imagine that, A front office not being truthful....
Old 11-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #25
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Put Orton in
Seriously, are there people dumb enough to actually consider this?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote