The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2011, 06:26 AM   #1
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default Teammates on Tebow

Winning is the only reason Broncos need to believe in Tebow

Denver Broncos wide receiver Eddie Royal, fresh off Thursday's 17-13 victory over the New York Jets, looked at me in all seriousness and said, "I don't know what it is about that guy, but he makes it happen. I love that guy."

That guy, of course, is quarterback Tim Tebow, but let's dissect that first sentence to really show Tebow's impact.

First off, Royal is a wide receiver. If there is any position player that could be frustrated with Tebow and the run-first, run-second and run-third style of offense employed by the Broncos to help the flawed-throwing Tebow, that would be it. Then again, Royal led Denver with three catches for a beefy 15 yards against the Jets, so many he was grateful.

In saying that he doesn't know what it is about Tebow, that's the common refrain throughout the locker room, too. Nobody can pinpoint anything specific other than he's getting it done -- and they're all in.

"I love Tim Tebow," said rookie linebacker Von Miller, whose emphatically making his case for defensive rookie of the year. "You'll never get a bad comment out of me -- ever. No matter how many interceptions he throws, no matter how many touchdowns he scores, he's the man. He's a great quarterback. The definition of a quarterback doesn't mean you have to throw for 400 yards a game.

"Just manage the game. Tim Tebow manages the game well and puts us in great situations to win."

Against the Jets, that situation was being 95 yards away from the end zone with 5:54 remaining. It was then that his teammates knew.

"We actually said the possession before that 'This is the one. Let's go do this'," guard Zane Beadles said. "Thankfully we got the ball back with a decent amount of time on the clock. The good thing was you looked around the huddle, and there was no doubt in anyone's eyes. As bad as things were to that point, you looked at guys next to you, and all you saw was belief.

"He was good in the huddle, basically making guys believe and people believing in him."

Added Royal: "Nobody doubted."

It's easy to say because things worked out and Tebow capped the drive with a dazzling 20-yard touchdown run. Players and coaches always publicly support and speak well of teammates.

However, how teammates feel about Tebow is more apparent in their actions. Players across the board, even wide receivers, have stepped up their level of play during the Broncos' 4-1 run with Tebow as the starter that's left them in solid playoff contention with a 5-5 record overall.

As Beadles said, Denver was lucky to get the ball back after going three and out and punting with just more than seven minutes left in the game. The Broncos stopped New York on three plays -- they were aided by a Jets' penalty -- forcing the punt that led to the final drive.

The offensive line then responded by moving the Jets' defensive front like it hadn't all game. It wasn't the first game the O-line responded like this when it mattered.

Don't we always say the great ones are the ones who elevate everyone's play?

Tebow is not great. He wins, though. No matter how cliché, it's true.

Few players have forced their coaching staffs and teammates to radically change their overall philosophy and scheme to make things work in order to mask the flaws in one person's game -- especially in the middle of the season. Few teams have been as patient with a player who looks so out of sorts so often.

So Tebow isn't great. However, for everything his teammates have done in stepping up, and his coaches have done in tweaking the system, he's paid off when it matters late in games.

Tebow also acknowledges his teammates whenever he can. That's a wise move. When one player starts getting all the credit when so many others play a role in things working, egos and envy can become destructive. The Broncos don't seem anywhere near venturing into that territory, but these are pro athletes. It happens.

As long as the wins keep coming, though, especially with all the negativity that surrounded the team early in the season, Tebow's teammates are fully invested.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...module=HP11_cp
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

The way he was mobbed by his teammates after he scored was sensational. I'm still a little skeptical about that Decker fella though...
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Teammates love Tebow. You can see it everytime he scores, or "wills them to a win", and they pile on him as if they just won the biggest game of their life.

...'cept one. Watch a certain former Bronco wearing number #84 at the 8:57 mark. Closest Bronco to Tebow when he scores the TD....yet, nowhere in the celebration.

Last edited by Smilin Assassin; 11-19-2011 at 07:37 AM..
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:34 AM   #4
Meck77
Google Blows

That's all that matters. As much as people love to hear themselves and provide their expert analysis it doesn't mean a hill of beans to the team.

We're winning. "Winning ugly" "Winning despite tebow". We heard all that crap in 2006.

Bottom line the sign of a good leader is that they make people around them better.
It's happening. We're winning in Denver again!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Winning cures just about anything. Maybe righting the Bronco Ship will do the same for the Mane. I am convinced of the first, but not the second.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #6
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Winning cures just about anything. Maybe righting the Bronco Ship will do the same for the Mane. I am convinced of the first, but not the second.
Naw.

I'm convinced, while mostly Bronco fans on the Mane (You'd think, being that it's all-things Broncos), there are still some that simply love the debate....ANY debate.

Just as only a handful of HS football players from each class go on to the Pros, most of the the debate team has to make different career choices as well.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #7
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

He scores touchdowns. He wins games. He's a decent human being in a league full of degenerates, deadbeat fathers, and murderers. He is nothing but humble and readily admits his own shortcomings. He sat there and politely fielded criticism from HOFer Micheal Irvin -- a guy who literally cut his own teammate's throat among countless other crimes -- saying that he will anything that is asked of him by his team. And yet he's the most polarizing figure in football... go figure.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:07 AM   #8
Jay3

Von Miller cracks me up -- he's been using that same answer in interviews a good bit, where he says something like "I'm with him no matter how many interceptions he throws, no matter how many touchdowns he throws."

Every time he gets to the interceptions part, I feel like answering out "Just one!"
Old 11-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #9
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Apparently Vickerson erupted in the press box after the score pounding his fists and chanting "Tebow! Tebow!"
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #10
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

There are some "fans" that would rather the Broncos win with Tebow having little impact in the games for he simply believes in God and not afraid to express that, which drives the athiests nuts, while claiming to support freedom of speech of course. A good Christian is a suppressed one in their little worlds. Notice how they post mostly slams about Tebow even after a win. And I don't mean "he has to get better" as a slam since we all know he needs to and Tebow himself freely admits that, but the venom directed at him at a personal level shows it has more to do with his religious beliefs than his play. It is stupid to say the least.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #11
CEH
Ring of Famer

DJ Williams said on Twitter even he did the Florida chop and had to apologize to all the Cane fans
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
If Tebow drives off all the non believers in god it will be awesome around here!

For god so loved the Broncos he sent his 2nd son to be our savoir. Book of the NFL chapter 1 verse 1.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
He scores touchdowns. He wins games. He's a decent human being in a league full of degenerates, deadbeat fathers, and murderers. He is nothing but humble and readily admits his own shortcomings. He sat there and politely fielded criticism from HOFer Micheal Irvin -- a guy who literally cut his own teammate's throat among countless other crimes -- saying that he will anything that is asked of him by his team. And yet he's the most polarizing figure in football... go figure.
Exactly Irvin a player who set up a separate house for Cowboys to do drugs, party, and screw around with women behind their wives and girlfriends back. Thats was Irvins things. He probably was coke head and deviant explorer of group orgies and satan worship1 All hail the Tebow who will deliver us from evil.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #14
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Exactly Irvin a player who set up a separate house for Cowboys to do drugs, party, and screw around with women behind their wives and girlfriends back. Thats was Irvins things. He probably was coke head and deviant explorer of group orgies and satan worship1 All hail the Tebow who will deliver us from evil.
Irvin literally slashed a fellow teammate's throat over a barber shop argument. Irvin wasn't even prosecuted. He walked away freely because he was too valuable of a football player. Then he was placed in the NFL's Hall of Fame. Now he's a highly paid football analyst, who literally gets paid to critique others. But Tebow's faith makes people uncomfortable. What an indictment on our society as a whole.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:58 AM   #15
BroncsCheer

Again - I'm an atheist, and I dig the awesome Tebow brings.

Don't generalize.

The faith issues have less to do with one general group or another, than they do with the individual insecurities those who make a conscious choice to hate a person have.

I've been watching pro athletes quote chapter and verse, give thanks to the deity of their choice, and share prayer circles for years, and I'm not butthurt.

If Tebow was on another team, I wouldn't hate him for his proselytizing, I'd hate him for not being on the Broncos.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #16
HooptyHoops
We need a DE

C'mon D

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

100% leader....you hear all the stories, but Tebow makes people believe in him and follow him into battle.......so glad this guy is winning with our Broncos! Makes football fun again!
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:00 AM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Irvin literally slashed a fellow teammate's throat over a barber shop argument. Irvin wasn't even prosecuted. He walked away freely because he was too valuable of a football player. Then he was placed in the NFL's Hall of Fame. Now he's a highly paid football analyst, who literally gets paid to critique others. But Tebow's faith makes people uncomfortable. What an indictment on our society as a whole.
I've been bible thumping this morning but for fun. I only wish my faith was like Tebows. I am sort of the faith makes you a better person theory, but can't totally convince myself god and the bible are true. It could be man made, i am a scientific person and believe things like the dinos, the age of the earth, and that the bible leaves those out.

But also god says its about faith. He may have left things out, the devil has done things to cast doubt, to test that faith. Who knows. All I know is my Christians friends who travel to africa to build wells for fresh water, are always doing things for others, are the ones in my life I try and be more like.

But when people seem to feel the need to rise up against religion, I fail to see what that gets you.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #18
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
Teammates love Tebow. You can see it everytime he scores, or "wills them to a win", and they pile on him as if they just won the biggest game of their life.

...'cept one. Watch a certain former Bronco wearing number #84 at the 8:57 mark. Closest Bronco to Tebow when he scores the TD....yet, nowhere in the celebration.

Lloyd is a loser is the purest form. So glad he's rotting in St. Louis, but he's probably just happy he's getting his catches.

Despite all the success he had last year, he's still the same selfish prick as when he came into the league.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #19
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If Tebow drives off all the non believers in god it will be awesome around here!

For god so loved the Broncos he sent his 2nd son to be our savoir. Book of the NFL chapter 1 verse 1.
Thats mighty Christian of you.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:11 AM   #20
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Just like all those other "good christians" around these parts. That better than thou attitude sure does "build friendships".
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's funny how no matter how many times i write that I am only screwing with people they still take me 100% serious.

God bless you all and you are all good Bronco fans.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #22
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsCheer View Post
Again - I'm an atheist, and I dig the awesome Tebow brings.

Don't generalize.

The faith issues have less to do with one general group or another, than they do with the individual insecurities those who make a conscious choice to hate a person have.

I've been watching pro athletes quote chapter and verse, give thanks to the deity of their choice, and share prayer circles for years, and I'm not butthurt.

If Tebow was on another team, I wouldn't hate him for his proselytizing, I'd hate him for not being on the Broncos.

Same here. Just because I don't believe in boogeyman and a talking snake doesn't mean I cant appreciate another good person regardless of beliefs. Tebow wins and I'm on board
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #23
Broncochica
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I watched Von Miller's interview and he went on and on about Tebow you could just tell how much respect and loyalty he has for Tebow, how could you not!
Broncochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #24
AlphaSeirra

Quote:
Just like all those other "good christians" around these parts. That better than thou attitude sure does "build friendships".
While some would still like to 'Throw all Christians to the Lions' to make friends.

I'm neutral on any sports - religion.
If I want religion, I go to church.
If I want sports, I go to the park.
What any player does or doesn't do off the field is his business, not mine.
It doesn't annoy me any more if they thump their own chest and dance,
or if they kneel to say thanks to somebody.
============

If you let them continually FALSELY claim that Tim can't throw the ball,
then you are HELPING them to wrongly discredit Tim as a Bronco/NFL QB.
All it takes for EVIL to prevail, is for GOOD men to do nothing....

Under the 2010 Coaching/Admin:
Tebow's Passing:
Oak - 8 of 16, 50% for 138 yds, 17.25 yds/rec, 1 TD, ZERO Ints. The coaches limited his 1st start passing.
Hou - 16 of 29, 55.2% for 308 yds, 19.25 yds/rec, 1 TD, 1 Int. The coaches turned him loose passing. Won
SD -- 16 of 36, 44.4% for 205 yds, 12.8 yds/rec, 2 TD's, 2 Int's.
* Note: That was in what Fox calls a 'NORMAN' offense, not the Spread/Option offense.
IMO, Fox is the one that's 'SCREWED' (in the head), not Tebow.
So far, Tim has been carrying Fox, while Fox has tried unsuccessfully to drag Tim down.

The Broncos are not winning in SPITE OF TEBOW, but because of Tebow.
The Beoncos are actually winning in SPITE OF FOX.

And they have NOT installed the Meyer/UF Spread/Option offense, they are just using a few S/O plays to help
the weak Fox/McCoy offense overcome the opponents defense.

First 3+ Cold end of season starts: 41 of 82, 50%, 654 yds, 15.95 yds/rec, 4 TD's, 3 Ints, 82.1 PER
That is GREAT for a raw rookie QB in that situation.

Compare it to ANY Top NFL QB and you will find that it FAR EXCEEDS what ANY of the did,
and they had under WAY BETTER situations.

Sorry, but those who claim that Tim is a HORRIBLE passer are just FACTUALLY FoS!

They have given Tim little to no help/coaching until game 5 of his 2nd season,
but he still has a good PER and a GREAT TD/Int Ratio.

What is his rushing TD to lost poss fumble raito?
How about a freakin' off the scale 9 to 1 Ratio.
In his first 8 starts, Tebow has 21 TD's to just 5 Turnovers,
for an overall TD/TO Ratio of 4.2 to 1.

The Biggest (imo) mistake any QB can make is to turn the ball over.
The Best thing that a QB can do is to score a TD.
Making Tim's 4.2 to 1 TD/TO Ratio a very Big Deal,
especially considering how little help he has had so far.

Of the current Top 50 NFL QB's, Tim is #29 and moving up in Pass Efficiency Rating.
How would the 28 higher PER QB's be doing if we took away their Top 2 2010 WR's, huh?

Tim and I both know and acknowledge that it takes a complete TEAM to win football games, this ain't golf.

Last edited by AlphaSeirra; 11-19-2011 at 09:36 AM..
Old 11-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #25
Powderaddict

I've said this and heard others say it as well --

The Defense LOVES Tebow. He plays tough physical football, isn't a pansy QB that shies away from all contact. I noticied it earlier in the season, that the Defense is often the first to come and congratulate Tebow on the sidelines when he does something well.

I think the Oline liked Orton (he took them to Vegas, treated them well), but I think they are coming around. I think they like playing a tough physical run based offense. I'm not sure about the WR's, but you have to believe they like winning 4 of 5 instead of losing 4 of 5.

To me, we are seeing the building of a culture, an identity, a TEAM. Something we haven't seen for a long time. We are starting to see confidence, and dare I say some swagger?

I'm loving it. I'm loving watching the talking heads explode. I love watching this team go from 53 individuals to 1 TEAM. I'm loving Fox and Allen. And Tebow is not the only one and doesn't deserve all the credit - but I really honestly believe he was the spark that got this all rolling.

I can't wait for the nSan Diego game and to see what happens next. I can't wait to see Miller, Tebow, and company in action.