The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Default Lloyd trade re-visited

Thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks. When we traded Lloyd a lot of people thought one of the main reasons we made the trade was because we weren't going anywhere this year so we could use the draft pick. Do we regret the trade now? I don't
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

The only thing I regret is that we didn't get a higher pick, but as far as Lloyd being elsewhere, not at all. We'll get a 5th out of it and that helps with the rebuild.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Loyd didnt want to be here and and every anti team or Tebow remark from an "unnamed source" was Loyd. He had to go.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #4
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think it would be nice to have Lloyd's ability to make difficult catches on imperfectly thrown balls. I get the impression, however, that he wasn't a great locker room guy, however, and this team is largely getting by on playing as a team, so maybe we're better off without him. I think we should have been able to get more than a 5th for him, however.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

It was dumb then, it is dumb now
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

locker room cancer, good riddance
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
Loyd didnt want to be here and and every anti team or Tebow remark from an "unnamed source" was Loyd. He had to go.
Never saw anything from that and would like to know source. Not saying it couldnt be true and why he wanted out but he had as much success with Tebow as he did with Orton. I didnt like the trade and didnt think we got enough value for him. Now that we are in the thick of the playoff race in our division, we could use a veteran guy like Lloyd. Obviously, Thomas cant block or doesnt want to do it and Decker seems to not be able to catch the tough ball like Lloyd can do. Yeah it sucks because the pick is for next season and we need something this season.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #8
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

What's our record since that transaction? Addition by subtraction?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #9
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

his acrobatic catches are missed by me..............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #10
Bronc62
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Lloyd had to go, but I believe a 3rd rounder in return would have been appropriate considering he was all-pro last year & NFL receiving yards leader. Did you see where he made another incredible one-handed grab last week? The guy's a wizard with the hands and body control.
Bronc62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Naw he was traded because Elway and Fox knew he was going to cry like a b**** and be a bad influence on Decker and Thomas. His first thing in St Louis was pretty much Tebow can't win throwing like he does. Meanwhile Rams getting throttled every week.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #12
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

With the offense we are currently running, his talents would be wasted. He's having success in St. Louis, so everyone's happy...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #13
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks. When we traded Lloyd a lot of people thought one of the main reasons we made the trade was because we weren't going anywhere this year so we could use the draft pick. Do we regret the trade now? I don't
I like BL, but I think it was addition by subtraction. BL probably had the potential to be a very unhappy camper. I think they are better without him because the team is coming together as unit.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #14
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

I like 5th round picks so its tough to say.

But I will say Elway made the right move we don't throw the ball much he would be mopey and we might as well develop our young guys.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #15
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Tebow mentioned how unselfish the current crop of Bronco receivers are. They just want to win. Lloyd does not fit into that statement, and there is no way he would be happy with 1 or 2 catches a game and a win. 2 catches or two passes thrown at him a game does not turn into mega money in contract years.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #16
Jay3

He's a cancer unless he's getting a lot of balls flung his way. Doesn't care what the game situation is.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #17
campocorto

I think people are making too much of what happened.

Lloyd is in his age 30 year and he is playing for his biggest FA contract of his life. Simply put, I think Lloyd and his agent let the Broncos brass know that it wasn't personal, he just wanted to be in a situation where he could maximize his skills and put up the best numbers.

I don't fault Lloyd at all for wanting to leave or the Broncos for making the trade. The Broncos were 1-4 at the time and he was going to walk anyways without Denver getting any compensation.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #18
Agamemnon

Without knowing the behind the scenes details, I really can't say. I'm still pissed about the dog **** compensation, but whatever...
Old 11-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #19
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer

I just wish there were escalators for Brandon catching more than 30 balls with the Rams. He's going to eclipse 30 easily. It would have been nice to get a low fourth for him.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #20
jutang
Pro Bowler

It will really depend on how that 5th round draft pick turns out before we can critique the trade. I don't see Lloyd as the best blocker, but then again DT looks like a giant puss.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #21
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I am amazed that so many still feel the McDaniels way is the right way. You can't let players dictate how your team is run. If Lloyd was crying, he should have been told to stfu. If he threatened to not play, we should have laughed as we pointed out that he was about to retire early. If he slacks, he doesn't get paid this offseason.

He would have been happy after we were winning and he was getting just as good of stats anyways. His stats didn't fall off with the switch to Tebow last season. He would have a ton of yards if he was the one going for all the long balls Tebow has thrown the last few weeks.

We have no #1 receiver. Giving away the top two receiver, especially when starting a young QB, was a mistake. It isn't like we even attempted to replace them.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #22
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Lloyd was going to take a lot of money to resign and was likely to hold out so I am glad we got a pick for him. Sure I wish it were higher but at least we moved on, we have a good locker room a young team playing hard.

Looking back at the timing with starting Tebow, I do wonder if Fox told Elway/Xanders that they were going to limit pass attempts and to make the move and get an extra pick.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #23
BossBruce
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

WR blocking is more important than pass catching. DT is a better blocker.
BossBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #24
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
The only thing I regret is that we didn't get a higher pick, but as far as Lloyd being elsewhere, not at all. We'll get a 5th out of it and that helps with the rebuild.
What rebuild?
Old 11-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #25
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

This fifth rounder will grab us the next Adrian Madise.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote