The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #1
Armchair Bronco

Default Photographic proof of dropped passes by Decker & Royal

I took some screen grabs from NFL Replay, and folks, they don't lie. Decker dropped 2 perfectly thrown passes, and Royal dropped one and the completion to him was actually dropped but the refs didn't call it.

Last edited by Armchair Bronco; 11-18-2011 at 08:11 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #2
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Just so you know, you can post the full body and leave the title one character. Then I can read it without waiting!
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #3
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Just so you know, you can post the full body and leave the title one character. Then I can read it without waiting!
OK. I thought both had to be 1 character. More pics to follow.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #4
Armchair Bronco

Seriously, both of these pass should have been caught.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #5
Jay3

Agreed. Decker wasn't even that close to the sideline. NFL receivers all the time control their body, put their hands on it, and drag the toes.

He blew that touchdown early in the Detroit game -- needs serious work on his footwork around the boundary lines.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #6
Armchair Bronco

Here was Eddie Royal on 3rd and long. Notice 2 things: A) he didn't go deep enough on the route to get the first down; B) the CB was breaking on him, and Tebow put the ball where only Royal could get it.

Notice that the ball was already coming out even before the CB tried to swipe at it (and missed).

Last edited by Armchair Bronco; 11-18-2011 at 08:18 AM..
Old 11-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #7
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I agree. It is insane how "fans" were putting these all on Tebow. Oubronco, tonyr, that vonqkiller guy, and many others are a bunch of clown haters. Tebow has stuff he needs to work on but many refuse to evaluate him fairly. It is pathetic.

There were actually people calling for Quinn and Orton in the game thread...

Last edited by jhns; 11-18-2011 at 08:16 AM..
Old 11-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #8
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

WRs are going to drop balls and QBs are going to miss throws. Tim missed some wide open recievers as well. I would like to see better timing and more touch on some of these plays. However the key is to not put our defense in bad situations.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #9
Armchair Bronco

And here was the actual drop that was almost intercepted by Revis. If Revis could make a play on the ball, then Eddie should have hauled it in.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:17 AM   #10
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

I remember when Elway was in his early years the receivers had to learn to catch the bullets. He didn't have much touch. Tebow is the same way.

Let's face it, these WRs are below average bordering on poor IMO, but it's all we have to work with at this point.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:19 AM   #11
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
...tonyr...
Show me an example of where I blamed any of those drops on Tebow. Just one example, that's all I ask.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #12
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Show me an example of where I blamed any of those drops on Tebow. Just one example, that's all I ask.
If you did, all is forgiven on account of your avatar.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #13
Jay3

I think this is right on.

People need to understand that the point of this is not to absolve Tebow -- he's clearly got issues and will have to improve dramatically in the off season and over the next two years.

There is no mystery to solve if the question is "Does Tebow throw some pretty off-target, non-good throws?"

But it's important to look closely at whether the receiving corps is doing well because the Broncos need to evaluate HOW bad Tebow is. It's important -- they need to make a tough decision about investing in the kid.

So when people point out the receiver problems, it's not for blame as much as to show that there's reason for hope in Tebow's throwing.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #14
HooptyHoops
We need a DE

C'mon D

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Yep, I talked to a Dolphin fan last night(around the 3rd quarter)...we talked about how boring the game was and he said, "Man, Decker is not having a very good game for you....he looks bad....he is better than that."

Even casual fans see this--the coaches have to see it.
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #15
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I think this is right on.

People need to understand that the point of this is not to absolve Tebow -- he's clearly got issues and will have to improve dramatically in the off season and over the next two years.

There is no mystery to solve if the question is "Does Tebow throw some pretty off-target, non-good throws?"

But it's important to look closely at whether the receiving corps is doing well because the Broncos need to evaluate HOW bad Tebow is. It's important -- they need to make a tough decision about investing in the kid.

So when people point out the receiver problems, it's not for blame as much as to show that there's reason for hope in Tebow's throwing.
Exactly. I think Tebow is a better passer than the pundits would have you believe, but that doesn't mean he'll ever make it to the Pro Bowl in this pass-happy league.

We can acknowledge that Tebow has a lot of room for improvement as a passer. Statistically, he can't get much worse. But statistics only tell half the story - Dan Marino wrote the book on "Statistical Excellence" but never won a Super Bowl ring.

I think our WR's need to practice catching wobbly balls and worm burners, because that's what they're going to get from Tebow, at least this year. I have a feeling that they spend most of their time catching rainbows launched from a JUGGS machine. That's not gonna help anyone.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:33 AM   #16
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Decker looked like **** last night. In the future, he should make sure his gf isn't singing at half time in games he's playing in. His head just wasn't in the game.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #17
sinuous sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Exactly. I think Tebow is a better passer than the pundits would have you believe, but that doesn't mean he'll ever make it to the Pro Bowl in this pass-happy league.

We can acknowledge that Tebow has a lot of room for improvement as a passer. Statistically, he can't get much worse. But statistics only tell half the story - Dan Marino wrote the book on "Statistical Excellence" but never won a Super Bowl ring.

I think our WR's need to practice catching wobbly balls and worm burners, because that's what they're going to get from Tebow, at least this year. I have a feeling that they spend most of their time catching rainbows launched from a JUGGS machine. That's not gonna help anyone.
You have to admit, catching anything from a JUGGS machine has to be fun, not to mention rainbows.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #18
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
And here was the actual drop that was almost intercepted by Revis. If Revis could make a play on the ball, then Eddie should have hauled it in.

In Royal's defense, that would have been an amazing catch if he would have caught it. You can't always blame WR's for drops because you have to have touch with a pass. They can't always be bullets!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #19
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Go look at the game thread. You were telling me I was wrong all night. Look at the conversation between Drek, yerner, and you. Drek points out the drops. Yerner says he is wrong. You come to defend yerner, saying Drek is normally a good poster but he is wrong.

Claim whatever you want troll. You should probably delete posts before you deny you made then though. Troll fail.

Your exact response to yerner claiming Drek is wrong about the drops:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...postcount=1047

Quote:
He's one of the better posters but he's bending a little too far backwards making excuses for Tebow. We all want him to succeed but sometimes you have to be realistic.
Realistic to trolls = blame Tebow for everything!

Last edited by jhns; 11-18-2011 at 08:42 AM..
Old 11-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #20
CEH
Ring of Famer

Decker did not play well last night. A couple times he had first downs and dropped the ball. He had a bad game. Also not sure on 3rd and 2 why we run dive plays and then punt. Twice we had drives starting on the JYJ 41 and did nothing with run plays up the gut. Odd play calling . No play action passes on first down. Nothing. In the third qtr Tebow was 1-8. He had a clean pocket and missed several open WRs. Needs to get better in the non crunch time to make our team really something special. Offseason will be where Tebow will improve

Last edited by CEH; 11-18-2011 at 08:41 AM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #21
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
In Royal's defense, that would have been an amazing catch if he would have caught it. You can't always blame WR's for drops because you have to have touch with a pass. They can't always be bullets!
I agree. But the purists will say that if a receiver can get his hands on a ball, then (in a perfect world) he should catch it.

My point with this picture is that many of Tebow's incomplete passes are actually a lot closer than he gets credit for. You'd think that 90% of his passes are in the dirt or a mile off. Even when he's clearly throwing the ball away, the announcers typically say: "See, there's another misfire by Tebow."

No other QB in the NFL gets this kind of treatment.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #22
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
I agree. But the purists will say that if a receiver can get his hands on a ball, then (in a perfect world) he should catch it.

My point with this picture is that many of Tebow's incomplete passes are actually a lot closer than he gets credit for. You'd think that 90% of his passes are in the dirt or a mile off. Even when he's clearly throwing the ball away, the announcers typically say: "See, there's another misfire by Tebow."

No other QB in the NFL gets this kind of treatment.
Well quite a few of the dirt balls are actually great throws-they are only catchable by our players. Granted, they would have to be amazing catches, which our WRs rarely do, but they are not able to be intercepted.

I don't think Tebow will ever be an interception machine, which puts us in a great position to control the field and win the game.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Go look at the game thread. You were telling me I was wrong all night. Look at the conversation between Drek, yerner, and you. Drek points out the drops. Yerner says he is wrong. You come to defend yerner, saying Drek is normally a good poster but he is wrong.

Claim whatever you want troll. You should probably delete posts before you deny you made then though. Troll fail.

Your exact response to yerner claiming Drek is wrong about the drops:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...postcount=1047

Realistic to trolls = blame Tebow for everything!

Maybe he's a Rams fan!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #24
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Agreed. Decker wasn't even that close to the sideline. NFL receivers all the time control their body, put their hands on it, and drag the toes.

He blew that touchdown early in the Detroit game -- needs serious work on his footwork around the boundary lines.
Did he blow that TD? I only saw highlights of that game as I was out of town, but I thought it was a TD.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:05 AM   #25
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:

1. This is not Eddie's fault, the ball "just a bit outside" as Bob Uecker would put it.

2. The two drops by Decker were purely Decker's fault...

3. The Thomas drop on the curl could have been caught, but it also trailed a couple yards in the air and was low, would have been a tough catch. I was in direct line of sight of it when it happened and put more of the blame on Tebow. He has to put the ball on the numbers.

4. The catch by Rosario on the last drive was a fairly poor throw (too low) and was an amazing catch.

Tebow was right, he has to execute better. He is showing improvement though, and that is what were looking for.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote