The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default Has to be said

So, I might get flamed but thanks, McDaniels. People laughed when you made Tebow a first rounder, but I don't think anyone's laughing tonight.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2011, 11:04 PM   #2
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

the whole hand hasn't been played just yet.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
Simple Jake

Remember when Mcdaniels would talk about getting a team full of team-first players? Look right now how the entire team rallies like they did.. recievers blocking down the field, not complaining about catches.. this team is awesome right now
Old 11-17-2011, 11:08 PM   #4
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Only laughed at McDaniels when he tried to ride the big boy rides.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #5
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Also thanks for Robert Ayers hes been playing good man
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #6
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

This was Tebow statement game tonight.
To do it in front of everybody on national TV, couldn't have been more satisfying.
That was an impressive come from behind victory WILLED by Tebow
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Not everything McDaniels did was horrible but he also had opportunities to play Tebow before he got ****canned. It took our now RB coach to know that we need to see what we have in him. He wanted team players and good characters but we also had some that weren't character guys on our team too.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

McDaniels' failure had at least as much to do with Bowlen and Ellis as it did with McD. The guy had moments of brilliance, no doubt.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:30 PM   #9
Popps
It's so easy

I'll say this much... I wouldn't trade away the crop of players McDaniels brought in for the ones he sent packing. He made some bad moves and needed a real GM, just like Shanny needed one. But, he had his share of nice moves as well. Tebow's story is far from told but it sure looks promising.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #10
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Mcdip**** can rot in hell for what he did to this team. He gets absolutely no credit from me for anything but hiring Mike Nolan and letting Nolan run the defense for 6 weeks.

He gets no credit from me for picking Tebow first round because it was stupid. Especially when you consider the fact that Mcdip**** only knows 1 style of offense, which only works when he has Tom Brady and Bill Belichek watching over him. His ideal offense has the qb passing from the pocket 80% of the time and has no interest in a decent running game. Anyone here wonder if Mcd would ever develop Tebow into a qb that would make his style offense successful?

The credit tonight goes to Fox, Allen, the defense, and on the last drive Tebow and the offense. Mcdaniels contributed nothing to tonight's Mile High Magic.

Thanks for putting a damper on my happy night by trying to give that a-hole credit. **** him right in the ear.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #11
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Mcdip**** can rot in hell for what he did to this team. He gets absolutely no credit from me for anything but hiring Mike Nolan and letting Nolan run the defense for 6 weeks.

He gets no credit from me for picking Tebow first round because it was stupid. Especially when you consider the fact that Mcdip**** only knows 1 style of offense, which only works when he has Tom Brady and Bill Belichek watching over him. His ideal offense has the qb passing from the pocket 80% of the time and has no interest in a decent running game. Anyone here wonder if Mcd would ever develop Tebow into a qb that would make his style offense successful?

The credit tonight goes to Fox, Allen, the defense, and on the last drive Tebow and the offense. Mcdaniels contributed nothing to tonight's Mile High Magic.

Thanks for putting a damper on my happy night by trying to give that a-hole credit. **** him right in the ear.
Dude...He got rid of Cutler which is all kinds of awesome x1000.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #12
MacGruder

What I find so interesting is that it seems like Tebow is winning games as a kind of role player the way they are using him.. the same way Tom Brady won on the Patriots back in the day when he came in as a rookie. they win ugly as role players with their clutchness and leadeship.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #13
huh??
Back in the 5280!

...pretty good at lurking.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

As a wild comparison... Hitler did some good things too. Developed the Autobahn, creating "the people's car" Volkswagen.... Still don't care for either of 'em.
huh?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #14
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
What I find so interesting is that it seems like Tebow is winning games as a kind of role player the way they are using him.. the same way Tom Brady won on the Patriots back in the day when he came in as a rookie. they win ugly as role players with their clutchness and leadeship.

Hold it , how are you out of jail already Mac... I was for sure that was you just streaking with a raging teboner at the end of the game...

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:45 PM   #15
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

McDaniels had the incredible foresight to draft Tebow... yet he was a total dunce when it came to actually using him. Like the time we went 0/5 in the red zone against Indy.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:46 PM   #16
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I'll say this much... I wouldn't trade away the crop of players McDaniels brought in for the ones he sent packing. He made some bad moves and needed a real GM, just like Shanny needed one. But, he had his share of nice moves as well. Tebow's story is far from told but it sure looks promising.
You don't have to...
Most of them are gone...
Nice try...again!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:47 PM   #17
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by huh?? View Post
As a wild comparison... Hitler did some good things too. Developed the Autobahn, creating "the people's car" Volkswagen.... Still don't care for either of 'em.
To be fair....Hitler would get a lot more credit if he were the one who ridded this team of Cutler.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:47 PM   #18
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

McDaniels was just too young to be a head coach IMO. But cmon he knows more about football then any of us ever will. He just made some huge mistakes in Denver about managing a team. Many of the picks head scratchers, but Decker a decent pick, Kuper decent player, Tebow great to have, whatever hes gone and i am over thinking about him.

My new thing is to change my life and try and be more like Tebow by helping other people more. And no I am not joking. I'm going to start helping at the local mission asap.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:48 PM   #19
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Dude...He got rid of Cutler which is all kinds of awesome x1000.
You really think this offense under tebow is going to work long term? You really think Tebow will have a better career than Cutler.

Look, I'm not a Tebow hater but I see what I see. I'd love to see the guy have a great career as qb of the Broncos. I want to believe that. But I'm not going to erase the first 55 minutes of games from my mind and only concentrate on the last 5.

As much as he gets all of us juiced up, the ceiling for this team under Tebow will never be very high until Tebow can consistently throw from the pocket with accuracy.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:48 PM   #20
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
McDaniels was just too young to be a head coach IMO. But cmon he knows more about football then any of us ever will. He just made some huge mistakes in Denver about managing a team. Many of the picks head scratchers, but Decker a decent pick, Kuper decent player, Tebow great to have, whatever hes gone and i am over thinking about him.

My new thing is to change my life and try and be more like Tebow by helping other people more. And no I am not joking. I'm going to start helping at the local mission asap.

Yea he makes me wish I was a better person and can be more like him when I grow up ... I'm 36...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Yea he makes me wish I was a better person and can be more like him when I grow up ... I'm 36...
I feel silly but I mean it. Dude straight fires me up on life and thinking how b****en the world would be if we all paid it forward.

The world so harsh, so cruel, we are all sort of street wise to the point IMO we are all selfish pigs. Even the ones of us who by comparison to others pretty unselfish. Its just the bar is so low on being unselfish.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #22
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
McDaniels' failure had at least as much to do with Bowlen and Ellis as it did with McD. The guy had moments of brilliance, no doubt.
I honestly would love to have him back at QB coach.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #23
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

More credit should be given to the guys EFX brought in than the guys Mcd brought in. Von Miller has had a bigger impact for this team than ANYONE that idiot drafted. I guess Mcd gets a bit of credit for making the Broncos ****ty enough to be in a position to draft him last year.

But credit Bowlen for firing him before he could draft Mark Ingram over Miller with the 2nd overall.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:55 PM   #24
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
You really think this offense under tebow is going to work long term? You really think Tebow will have a better career than Cutler.
A) No

B) Most will
Old 11-17-2011, 11:57 PM   #25
Agamemnon

Quote:
But credit Bowlen for firing him before he could draft Mark Ingram over Miller with the 2nd overall.