The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 02:55 AM   #1
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Fox on Tebow

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp11923
John Fox: Tim Tebow would be ‘screwed’ in a normal offense
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2011, 03:03 AM   #2
Bronco Yoda

I saw that yesterday on NFL Network. Ya gotta love the honesty.

Tom Brady would also be screwed in our Offense. I say go with it while we're building up the rest of our team.

The Religious/Gator Tebowites should brace themselves that this might not work out.

The haters should brace themselves that Tebow just might develop into something special.

The rest of us just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:26 AM   #3
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
I saw that yesterday on NFL Network. Ya gotta love the honesty.

Tom Brady would also be screwed in our Offense. I say go with it while we're building up the rest of our team.

The Religious/Gator Tebowites should brace themselves that this might not work out.

The haters should brace themselves that Tebow just might develop into something special.

agreed
Old 11-17-2011, 03:45 AM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Hopefully Tebow will want to be on the Broncos either way. I think if he got a fair shake to be a QB and it wasn't working even Tebow would want to stay in the NFL and switch positions. He would be a great fb/hb/bkup qb utility player. He may end up a great starting qb though if he can improve his throwing some.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:47 AM   #5
Bronco Yoda

I'm amazed at how Patient of a runner he is. Look at that last TD run. He could really coach up Moreno and teach him a thing or two.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:33 AM   #6
MacGruder

The problem isn't Tebow's passing.. It's Fox's coaching...

Tebow has shown he can pass just fine when he is coached properly - when he coaches himself..
Old 11-17-2011, 04:43 AM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post

Tebow has shown he can pass just fine when he is coached properly - when he coaches himself..
Are you serious? Fox doing more then any coach in the league would to try and make Tebow work. Really many of his throws last week could have been caught. I won't say should because on some of them the defender was making it tough. I think Fox has done a great job with the Broncos. Just what we needed. Just the defensive game plan and theories seem far sounder then the last few yrs.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:44 AM   #8
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

Naturally , After all Tebow was the best passing QB evah ...... Stupid coach fox
Old 11-17-2011, 04:44 AM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
I'm amazed at how Patient of a runner he is. Look at that last TD run. He could really coach up Moreno and teach him a thing or two.
Most qbs don't like to run up inside like Tebow will. I sort of wish he would wear a flack jacket no matter what lol. Not like his throwing can get much worst lol. I'm just worried some 265 pound linebacker going to get into his midsection and cause some damage.

I hope not though I really like the kid.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:45 AM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
Naturally , After all Tebow was the best passing QB evah ...... Stupid coach fox
I never paid much attention to his posts, but i had seen others lambasting him in other threads. now I know why. He's the poster boy for legalizing throat punching.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:52 AM   #11
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I never paid much attention to his posts, but i had seen others lambasting him in other threads. now I know why. He's the poster boy for legalizing throat punching.
LMAO well his truth and 3 stages thing and the youre projecting and his serious man crush on Tebow is enough to make tebows mom take ludes when talking to this ass hat
Old 11-17-2011, 04:58 AM   #12
Jay3

Quote:

Those are the groups as you see them? I continue to be amazed that people can't see Tebow's popularity as very broad, and not entirely explainable.

I can imagine how unenjoyable Broncos football would be if I kept insisting to myself that Tebow was this popular because of religion and because he went to a football school with a fan base.

You should open your mind to the possibility that kid attracts fans like flies for reasons that go beyond that. It's more fun that way.

(All that Chuck Norris, "it's not gay if it's with Tebow" and other jokes were tacit acknowledgments of the kid's tendency to generate man-crushes for some reason).
Old 11-17-2011, 04:59 AM   #13
MacGruder

Quote:
Are you serious? Fox doing more then any coach in the league would to try and make Tebow work. Really many of his throws last week could have been caught. I won't say should because on some of them the defender was making it tough. I think Fox has done a great job with the Broncos. Just what we needed. Just the defensive game plan and theories seem far sounder then the last few yrs.
Do you realize how good the Broncos could be if they had started Tebow from the beginning of the season? If they had prepped Tebow properly? Tebow is winning in spite of Fox.. but he can only do that for so long..
Old 11-17-2011, 04:59 AM   #14
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

You're on a witch hunt, Spider...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:03 AM   #15
MacGruder

People sat Tebow can't pass yet he has made clutch passes to win games Orton NEVER made.

And he has dominated running the ball because of this threat of the pass. It is amazing how people join in on the witch hunt just because everyone spouts the same nonsense...
Old 11-17-2011, 05:07 AM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Do you realize how good the Broncos could be if they had started Tebow from the beginning of the season? If they had prepped Tebow properly? Tebow is winning in spite of Fox.. but he can only do that for so long..
Tebow wins with intangibles which are hard to see in practice. I'm not surprised the coaches were like wow his throwing needs a ton of work. Fox not the best coach in the NFL, he's sort of avg, but he's doing a good job right now. The defense looks better, the draft picks look good, Decker playing well, Kuper back playing well, Doom finally looking healthy etc etc.

Lot's to be excited about.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:10 AM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
People sat Tebow can't pass yet he has made clutch passes to win games Orton NEVER made.

And he has dominated running the ball because of this threat of the pass. It is amazing how people join in on the witch hunt just because everyone spouts the same nonsense...
No the deep passes possible because of the threat of the run. The running working because its a dual threat, Tebow and a RB and its freezing the dline, making them not attack. The NFL is all about attacking on the LOS and against Broncos its tough.

His release and windup are slow, and his pass sort of wobbles sometimes. But i agree some of those deep balls getting better.

Part of the problem is none of our backs or TE very good weapons in the passing game. Someone like Sproles would be nice. A little fireplug to run screens and short passes to.

Still you have a lot of hate for a coach that has only had half a season.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:11 AM   #18
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

You forgot special teams, Cut. There's a lot to be said for "no longer consistently losing the field position battles".
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:13 AM   #19
Jay3

Quote:
This is one of the reasons I was so disappointed to see how things were handled with Tebow from the very beginning. That "open audition" in practice is not going to be his game. It's not that he's a "bad" practice player. It's just that 70% of his value is completely irrelevant in practice.

I thought when the Broncos drafted him, they were going to go on a path with a purpose from the beginning, maybe trading Orton, or maybe using Orton like the Vikings used McNabb. When they kept sticking with Orton, kept with the fiction that Orton wasn't at all a problem, it was painful to watch.

My best hope was that Tim was using the time to work on some things. But nothing compares to this kind of development.

The Broncos wasted a lot of time -- they could have had some answers sooner, and if they liked the answers, they could be reaping the benefit of about 20 more games of intensive development with Tebow.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:17 AM   #20
MacGruder

Quote:
No the deep passes possible because of the threat of the run. The running working because its a dual threat, Tebow and a RB and its freezing the dline, making them not attack. The NFL is all about attacking on the LOS and against Broncos its tough.
I don't see it that way.. Tebow is not that dominant of a runner. It's his combination of abilities that makes him so good.

If Tebow couldn't pass teams would DARE Tebow to run and hammer him all game. If what you were saying was true then guys that supposedly can pass and throw would be playing better than Tebow.. like Cam and Vick.. HE is outplaying them. So how do you explain that if he can't pass and run at a very high level.. I have seen Tebow make passes in these games Cam and Vick have not made in clutch times. And Tebow is doing it with far less talent.

Quote:
His release and windup are slow, and his pass sort of wobbles sometimes. But i agree some of those deep balls getting better.
His deep passing is the strongest part of his game. He was arguably the best deep passer in college... even in high school you could see this ability.

Tebow is also not the only guy that throws wobbly balls. He just has a big magnifying glass on him..

Quote:
Part of the problem is none of our backs or TE very good weapons in the passing game. Someone like Sproles would be nice. A little fireplug to run screens and short passes to.

Still you have a lot of hate for a coach that has only had half a season.
Dude.. he had the perfect offense to use Tebow in.. McD had built it and they had a guy to run it in McCoy... but Fox changed it and went with Orton.. why?

IF Fox knew what he was doing he should have known Orton had no chance of success this season. This all played out last season. It seems like Fox watched no tape of Tebow and no tape of Orton...

I don't even think Fox gives a rats arse about offense. I think all he cares about is his defense and that is why he stinks as a coach. That philosophy might have worked in the 80's but it doesn't work now.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #21
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
This is one of the reasons I was so disappointed to see how things were handled with Tebow from the very beginning. That "open audition" in practice is not going to be his game. It's not that he's a "bad" practice player. It's just that 70% of his value is completely irrelevant in practice.
I agree. And the Broncos brain trust seemed to give Tebow no direction in the off season. Compare that to how Cam was groomed in the off season.. it's night and day. I wouldn't be surprised of Fox geared things in training camp to play to Orton's strengths and Tebow's weaknesses, too.

I think Fox had made up his mind about Orton long before because he loves that type of QB and he especially loved Orton's ability to play off the play action off the run game. Which is what Fox even tried to force Tebow to run. Because it helps Fox's defense by running all the time.

Quote:
I thought when the Broncos drafted him, they were going to go on a path with a purpose from the beginning, maybe trading Orton, or maybe using Orton like the Vikings used McNabb. When they kept sticking with Orton, kept with the fiction that Orton wasn't at all a problem, it was painful to watch.
Absolutely.. how could any competent coach do this? The only thing I can guess that isn't incompetence is that they thought they could win in the short term with Orton and develop Tebow.. but it really didn't seem like they were even trying to develop Tebow at all this season. This really plays into the sabotage argument.

Quote:
My best hope was that Tim was using the time to work on some things. But nothing compares to this kind of development.

The Broncos wasted a lot of time -- they could have had some answers sooner, and if they liked the answers, they could be reaping the benefit of about 20 more games of intensive development with Tebow.
Exactly.. 20 wasted games.. and the sad part is that they could have done what they were doing now from DAY ONE (just rely on Tebow's athleticism). And Tebow could have gotten practice reps with the starters the entire time! And worked in the pro game the whole time... It is so frustrating..
Old 11-17-2011, 06:48 AM   #22
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

We need a new thread title, the current one just sounds wrong... I just read a Penn state article, then saw this thread.

Can't erase that...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:02 AM   #23
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

In before MacGruder
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #24
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This interview has a multiple page thread that has been on the front page since yesterday morning... It was the best article posted yesterday. I don't get why people that can't read use internet forums. It just doesn't make sense.

Here is an actual article on this interview.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101304

Last edited by jhns; 11-17-2011 at 07:19 AM..
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:29 AM   #25
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Can someone tell me how to start a new thread. Every time I do and click submit I get an error message
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote