The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #26
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No no no, not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying he may have gone to the athletic director who may have assured him he'd contact the police immediately.

In no way shape or form am I saying the story that's out right now is acceptable. If that's all he did and he thought that was the appropriate channel for that offense, then he should go down hard.
After a day he'd know the answer to that claim IMO.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #27
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

He needs to go to jail.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #28
Shotgun Willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
So if you were Joe and a assistant told you he saw Sandusky anal raping a ten year old boy you wouldnt feel obligated to do more than just tell your superior? I am surprised to hear that from someone with a kid.
Unless the assistant says otherwise, which he hasn't so far, nobody is claiming that Joe was told that the event in the shower went that far.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #29
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No no no, not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying he may have gone to the athletic director who may have assured him he'd contact the police immediately.

In no way shape or form am I saying the story that's out right now is acceptable. If that's all he did and he thought that was the appropriate channel for that offense, then he should go down hard.
Joe has no superior at Pedo State. Didn't he throw the president out of his house after he suggested paterno retire after 4 losing seasons? Joe pa looked the other way because the pederass is his friend. How else can you explain Joe letting that guy on his sidelines as late as 2007?
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #30
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

http://www.psu.edu/ur/principles.html

One of the "The Penn State Principles"

I will demonstrate social and personal responsibility.
The University is a community that promotes learning; any behaviors that are inconsistent with that goal are unacceptable. Irresponsible behaviors, including alcohol or drug abuse and the use of violence against people or property, undermine the educational climate by threatening the physical and mental health of members of the community. I will exercise personal responsibility for my actions and I will make sure that my actions do not interfere with the academic and social environment of the University. I will maintain a high standard of behavior by adhering to the Code of Conduct and respecting the rights of others.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #31
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Here is a good timeline of events.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2448...buse-cover.htm
Old 11-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #32
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
After a day he'd know the answer to that claim IMO.
Exactly! he would have been interviewed by police, etc... After days, much less many years he knew cops were never called!
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #33
Shotgun Willie

Quote:
http://www.psu.edu/ur/principles.html

One of the "The Penn State Principles"

I will demonstrate social and personal responsibility.
The University is a community that promotes learning; any behaviors that are inconsistent with that goal are unacceptable. Irresponsible behaviors, including alcohol or drug abuse and the use of violence against people or property, undermine the educational climate by threatening the physical and mental health of members of the community. I will exercise personal responsibility for my actions and I will make sure that my actions do not interfere with the academic and social environment of the University. I will maintain a high standard of behavior by adhering to the Code of Conduct and respecting the rights of others.
Ummmm, I fail to see how that applies to anything here. Unless you're trying to argue that football in an of itself goes against the PS Principles because it technically promotes violence against people and often interferes with the academic environment of the University.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #34
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Joe has no superior at Pedo State. Didn't he throw the president out of his house after he suggested paterno retire after 4 losing seasons? Joe pa looked the other way because the pederass is his friend. How else can you explain Joe letting that guy on his sidelines as late as 2007?
Because he's a billion years old and if someone said "We contacted the police and he was cleared of all charges" he probably wouldve said "Oh, okay, what year is it again?"
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #35
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Willie View Post
Ummmm, I fail to see how that applies to anything here. Unless you're trying to argue that football in an of itself goes against the PS Principles because it technically promotes violence against people and often interferes with the academic environment of the University.
Of course you don't. Because you aren't exercising critical thinking skills.

Joe Pa violated this principle once the police were never called. He is not the only one.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #36
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Of course you don't. Because you aren't exercising critical thinking skills.

Joe Pa violated this principle once the police were never called. He is not the only one.
I completely agree if that's actually the case.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #37
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ View Post
"A reputation takes a lifetime to build, but only seconds to destroy."
No, you just take on a different reputation...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #38
el chalupacabra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawknz View Post
‎"An older woman chasing a younger guy is called a cougar. Does this mean an older guy chasing a young boy called a Nittany Lion?"-Tucker Max
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Child abuse jokes are hilarious!

Unsurprisingly as unfunny as every thought that has ever entered that waste of life's tiny, feeble brain.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #39
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Unless the assistant says otherwise, which he hasn't so far, nobody is claiming that Joe was told that the event in the shower went that far.
I suggest you read the grand jury testimony.

On March 1, 2002, a Penn State graduate assistant ("graduate assistant who was then 28 years old, entered the locker room at the Lasch Football Building on the University Park Campus on a Friday night near the beginning of Spring Break.

The graduate assistant, who was familiar with Sandusky, was going to put some newly purchased sneakers in his locker and get some recruiting tapes to watch. It was about 9:30 p.m. As the graduate assistant entered the locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and showers on. He then heard  slapping sounds.He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant put the sneakers in his locker, he looked into the shower. He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose age he estimated to be 10 years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both Victim 2 and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught.

The graduate assistant went to his office and called his father, reporting to him what he had seen. His father told the graduate assistant to leave the building and come to his home. The graduate assistant and his father decided that the graduate assistant had to report what he had seen to Coach Joe Paterno ("Paterno"), head football coach of Penn State. The next morning, a Saturday, the graduate assistant telephoned Paterno and went to Paterno's home, where he reported what he had seen.

Joseph V. Paterno testified to receiving the graduate assistant's report at his home on a Saturday morning. Paterno testified that the graduate assistant was very upset. Paterno called Tim Curley ("Curley"), Penn State Athletic Director and Paterno's immediate superior, to his home the very next day, a Sunday, and reported to him that the graduate assistant had seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy.

Approximately one and a half weeks later, the graduate assistant was called to a meeting with Penn State Athletic Director Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz ("Schultz"). The graduate assistant reported to Curley and Schultz that he had witnessed what he believed to be Sandusky having anal sex with a boy in the Lasch Building showers. Curley and Schultz assured the graduate assistant that they would look into it and determine what further action they would take. Paterno was not present for this meeting.

The graduate assistant heard back from Curley a couple of weeks later. He was told that Sandusky's keys to the locker room were taken away and that the incident had been reported to The Second Mile. The graduate assistant was never questioned by University Police and no other entity conducted an investigation until he testified in Grand Jury in December, 2010. The Grand Jury finds the graduate assistant's testimony to be extremely credible.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #40
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Wtf? I don't know why a smiley was added at the end of my last post.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #41
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Jokes aside...

This is a tragedy no matter how you look at it.
The legacy of Joe Pa will be forever tarnished. That's sad.
That guy was college football. That's all his life was, really, and to have this come out when the guy is what, 80 years old? it's utterly tragic.

Of course there are the other things that go with this case, the kids hurt, their families, other people involved, etc...
We won't know yet Joe Pa's knowledge of what went on, but regardless, he's gone...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #42
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

It was all brushed under the rug and nobody cared about these kids.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #43
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Sounds to me like every one of those gutless ****s, including Paterno, should be going to jail. Why didn't the graduate assistant call the police?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #44
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Sandusky was allowed at PSU facilities as early as last week...and coached 4th graders at a camp in 2009.

How many kids were abused between 2002 and now because MM, Paterno, the AD and the President did not alert the police?

Paterno, along with everyone that knew about this and didn't call the police should be fired.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:54 AM   #45
Shotgun Willie

Quote:
Yup, I've read it. Like I said, no mention of anal rape in terms of what was told to Joe.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #46
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Yup, I've read it. Like I said, no mention of anal rape in terms of what was told to Joe.
isn't that exactly what he said?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #47
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
What do you believe he told Joe?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #48
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I don't know about anybody else, but if I walked into a shower and saw a middle aged man sodomizing a ten year old kid, I'd **** him up bad. Then call the police.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #49
Stagger Lee

Just read the entire Grand Jury report. First of all, it's sickening. Secondly, the amount of people who didn't report to the authorities what they suspected-(or knew) - is nothing short of shocking.

Looks like JoePa did the bare minimum required legally, but it was morally reprehensible.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #50
EzBronco715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I don't know about anybody else, but if I walked into a shower and saw a middle aged man sodomizing a ten year old kid, I'd **** him up bad. Then call the police.
Absolutely this.