The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #251
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
imo this guy has it right. It's a culture, and even jr high and high school programs have it to one degree or another. A team is family and you never rat out your family because the family is bigger and more important than any individual.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/article1200905.ece

women get assaulted in dorms all the time. Rapesburger acted like he did because he could get away with it. Sociopaths make up over 10% of the population, most likely. The team concept is that the coach is like God. He acts in the best interest of the team. Some coaches, the best ones, are like teachers. Winning is about producing people who will be good citizens. Others are about winning games and satisfying alumni who give money.
I think the sociopath ratio has gone up. Look at all the sociopaths having kids.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #252
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
I think the sociopath ratio has gone up. Look at all the sociopaths having kids.
I've read 20%, and won't argue against it. I'm dealing with one whose father was ceo of a big bank. Lovin it.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:37 AM   #253
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
I've read 20%, and won't argue against it. I'm dealing with one whose father was ceo of a big bank. Lovin it.
...not to mention, the behavior can be "learned", and "spread" to some degree (due to the human condition).

It's ****ty...
Old 11-10-2011, 07:40 AM   #254
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
...not to mention, the behavior can be "learned", and "spread" to some degree (due to the human condition).

It's ****ty...
Most of it is learned behavior.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #255
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:

It's ****ty...
yeah, but I've met more than a couple of women who are incest survivors, and their sense of what's appropriate and what's not isn't exactly the norm, but they accept themselves for what they are and choose relationships that don't actually harm others. I know one male who basically lives in a basement. Harmed lives, but not harming.

I doubt JoePa is a sociopath simply because he's done so many good things. He's brought more money to the school's academic programs than anyone will ever know. The guys who didn't report seeing the kids raped or who didn't stop it if they had the physical power probably aren't sociopaths. They're just guys afraid to act in anyway that wasn't sanctioned by the coach. Doesn't make it right. I read on another thread something about Elway and the Colts thing. Frank Cush ran his programs just like this. Jack Elway did not. That was the issue. It was that simple.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:48 AM   #256
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I think the University needs to be sure they can legally let him go.

They've lost institutional control, the are about to crawled over by the DOE, FBI, and the NCAA. They need to proceed cautiously. Anyone who had any notion of Paterno coaching this weekend was fooling themselves.
NCAA has no jurisdiction over this. There were no NCAA rules violations, that is their jurisdiction with student athletes. These tragic events have nothing to do with the NCAA.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #257
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-sa...rk-madden.html
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #258
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
yeah, but I've met more than a couple of women who are incest survivors, and their sense of what's appropriate and what's not isn't exactly the norm, but they accept themselves for what they are and choose relationships that don't actually harm others. I know one male who basically lives in a basement. Harmed lives, but not harming.

I doubt JoePa is a sociopath simply because he's done so many good things. He's brought more money to the school's academic programs than anyone will ever know. The guys who didn't report seeing the kids raped or who didn't stop it if they had the physical power probably aren't sociopaths. They're just guys afraid to act in anyway that wasn't sanctioned by the coach. Doesn't make it right. I read on another thread something about Elway and the Colts thing. Frank Cush ran his programs just like this. Jack Elway did not. That was the issue. It was that simple.

What, Frank ran a pedo camp?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #259
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Most of it is learned behavior.
I've met a few that had hooves & horns when birthed.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #260
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Ooof.

Sounds like another "Boystown/Franklin" scandal. blech.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:12 AM   #261
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Ooof.

Sounds like another "Boystown/Franklin" scandal. blech.
I read the book Fannie's Last Supper last christmas. the introduction described some victorian dinners in new york that featured underage and virgin girls who were "courses."
Old 11-10-2011, 08:13 AM   #262
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Damn! Maybe this is only the beginning. Throw in the story of the DA who disappeared and this thing gets weirder and weirder.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:15 AM   #263
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
NCAA has no jurisdiction over this. There were no NCAA rules violations, that is their jurisdiction with student athletes. These tragic events have nothing to do with the NCAA.
The NCAA can come after them and will. It's a loss of institutional control and they have jurisdiction. And I think they'll wait for the FBI to finish there investigation.

I am also starting to see reorts that Sandusky was pimping out these kids.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #264
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
What, Frank ran a pedo camp?
No, he ran a win at all costs and cover anything up that could be damaging camp.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #265
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
You are not wrong. However, Just like any company though the NCAA will be expected to "do" something but more than that if we know anything about the NCAA it is that they will do whatever they can to protect the brand and preserve the image of the purity of collegiate athletics.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #266
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
You are not wrong. However, Just like any company though the NCAA will be expected to "do" something but more than that if we know anything about the NCAA it is that they will do whatever they can to protect the brand and preserve the image of the purity of collegiate athletics.
No. He's wrong.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #267
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...2314350.column

This was from baja's link about JoePa getting fired over the phone (why is that detail important, and the links didn't say phone, though I'm sure that's what happened. I'd be fine with just announing it on tv and screw the old jerk, but hey). Apparantly the NCAA can release all the players from scholarship and allow them to transfer anywhere without penalty. They should do that.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:44 AM   #268
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

After last night I really think they should cancel this weeks NU PSU game.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #269
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...2314350.column

This was from baja's link about JoePa getting fired over the phone (why is that detail important, and the links didn't say phone, though I'm sure that's what happened. I'd be fine with just announing it on tv and screw the old jerk, but hey). Apparantly the NCAA can release all the players from scholarship and allow them to transfer anywhere without penalty. They should do that.
You think of the penalties handed out to SMU and OSU, (and what's to come for Miami still?), that's just paying adults. Yeah it's against the rules, but there is a moral argument for it. If there was a systematic coverup - which it looks likely from that article from 6 months ago, I'd take down the entire football program for at least 5 years and as mentioned above allow all the players to transfer and not have to sit out a year.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:04 AM   #270
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post

I agree. And I know who your affliction for the Big Red.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #271
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The interim head coach is the DC who took over for Sandusky, and he has been with the program for 33 years. What did HE know and when did HE know it?

I don't see how they can play the game.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #272
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I just don't see how they think it's safe for either school at this point.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #273
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I actually just had a looong experience with the first real full blown sociopath I've known. She lived with me for about 5 weeks and, because I, ya know, trust my friends, I was completely blindsided by the deception, the lack of remorse, the cool lying, and ...she just didn't think anything she was doing was wrong. Not even a thought in her mind. Then again, she was a prostitute (no, i was not paying her), so i should have known something was amiss.

I just wonder how these people live their daily lives and what their future is. They don't change. I'm not sure how some of them function considering they are always putting themselves in harms way and generally have no plan beyond what they are doing in the next 5 min.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #274
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I think this whole thing is a sign of the times. 1 week ago none of this was talked about or known about for the most part. Now, all hell breaks loose because of a story about an allegeded incident that took place in 2002...

its scary the reactionary (and over-reactionary) actions of people today, especially with the media fanning the flames.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #275
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I actually just had a looong experience with the first real full blown sociopath I've known. She lived with me for about 5 weeks and, because I, ya know, trust my friends, I was completely blindsided by the deception, the lack of remorse, the cool lying, and ...she just didn't think anything she was doing was wrong. Not even a thought in her mind. Then again, she was a prostitute (blah blah blah blah blah blah), blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Now, wait a second. I'm a little unclear with some of what you said, in the above quote. Are you saying she actually looked like Julie Roberts in Pretty Woman? Man! That! Is! CRAZY! What was that like? Was she better at, you know, stuff?

Seriously! You have GOT to tell us more!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote