The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default 60-200 meteors per hour Thursday night

Just a reminder for those who give a damn and for those who don't simply move on. It's a bye week so no foul.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/01/us/met...rticle_sidebar

Skywatchers will be setting their alarm clocks for the early morning hours Thursday when the annual Quadrantid meteor shower peaks.
This year's show in the sky may not produce as many highlights for some viewers because of light from the moon, NASA said in a statement.
Meteor watchers can expect to see 60 to 200 meteors an hour streak across the sky, NASA said.
Bill Cooke, the head of NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office, said by e-mail that the shooting stars would be visible after about 11 p.m. in each time zone in the United States, with the best viewing time from 3 a.m. until dawn.
The Quadrantids were first noted in 1825 and got their name from the constellation of Quadrans Muralis, which is no longer considered a constellation by astronomers, according to NASA.
The material that is burning up in Earth's atmosphere during the Quadrantids likely comes from a comet that broke into fragments centuries ago, NASA says.
"After hundreds of years orbiting the sun, they will enter our atmosphere at 90,000 mph, burning up 50 miles above Earth's surface," NASA said.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

oh dear god its the Mayan end of the world prediction it was just a few weeks late thats all . i shall now head into my underground bunker which is really just a hole in the ground i dug lol
if it wasnt so cold and so early in the morning id watch it
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
oh dear god its the Mayan end of the world prediction it was just a few weeks late thats all . i shall now head into my underground bunker which is really just a hole in the ground i dug lol
if it wasnt so cold and so early in the morning id watch it
If you're not in a big city you probably could see quite a few of them starting at 11PM. Also depends on how cloudy it is.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
If you're not in a big city you probably could see quite a few of them starting at 11PM. Also depends on how cloudy it is.
i live ina rual town so you factor in the loss of whatever heat there is during the day it is going to be in the low teens here to the low 20s numbing cold and 4 am ugh ill be sleeping then maybe some one will film it and put it on youtube
Old 01-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
Bronco Yoda

Tell me when it's safe to leave my bunker... it's been two weeks now...
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Tell me when it's safe to leave my bunker... it's been two weeks now...
wont be safe for a while the meteor will turn the idiots who scoffed at us dooms day preppers will become zombies .
or was it a comet