The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you rather continue working with Tebow for the future or draft best available QB in 1st round?
Tebow 19 29.23%
Best Available In 1st round 46 70.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
Turd_Ferguson

Default The Answer

So last week I asked if people still thought Tebow was the answer and lots of people said "I can't believe you would ask that after this HUGE win." Now after a huge loss I ask should they draft a quarter back.. ANY quarter back in the draft, or try to progress Tebow?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
White Dragon
Resident Uniform Expert

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brady Quinn

I say do everything possible to get Luck, if for some reason that doesn't work, get Jones.
White Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

If we can't get Luck we have to go with Tebow regardless of if he shows improvement or not. Luck is the only one worth a **** and I'll be pissed if we blow a first rounder on a different QB just because we need one. That's what got us guys like Jarvis Moss.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

With this coaching staff Hell no. They will need to find a QB that fits into their game plan. Tebow isn't the answer with a coaching staff and doesn't know how and/or doesn't want to use Tebow correctly.

Right now, I'm allmost for blowing the whole thing up and starting over again.
GreatBronco16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

For now we go with Tebow till the end of the year ( barring injury ) and then see where we are at. If McCoy keeps calling the same type of game all year we have a pretty good idea it will be top 5 pick again, since he seems to have no idea HOW to get Tebow comfortable and in rythym with the offense.

If that happens then I imagine we'll take the best available QB no matter how many other holes this team has. So the rebuild is put back another year.

Did anyone see this fabled change to the offensive game plan actually happen this week? The weren't as many QB draws but there were sure a lot of 15-35 yard routes and 7 step drops in the first 3 quarters. No roll outs, no tosses or pitch outs, screens or reverses, and a whole lot of first down runs.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I dont we are getting luck, but there are some other good QB prospects in this draft
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #7
vonqkilla

Right now, tebow looks so bad id rather go a diff way. I hope he gets 3 more games to show us ehat hes worth.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Maybe Tebow just isn't good. Maybe the game plan is fine and the QB sucks.

Tebow played superb for 4 minutes last week. But for the other 56 minutes and then OT, he was less than great.

Today, Tebow played good for the first drive and in garbage time.

It doesnt matter what kind of play calls you call, if you are an NFL caliber player you go out and execute, period.

*sigh* I am hopeful he can learn, but I am also doubtful it will happen.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #9
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Fox would not say if Tebow will start next weel. I have hopes he wont.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #10
White Dragon
Resident Uniform Expert

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brady Quinn

It's time to win with Quinn. Who knows, maybe Quinn is the answer. (it's a 1 in a million shot, but it's something)
Old 10-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
KO5K

I think Tebow could be something special but it just won't be here.

Honestly, I can't think of a worse situation for Tebow to be in than the one he finds himself in. A team completely lacking of talent, a FO that is obvious isn't committed to him and a coaching staff seemingly doesn't understand how to utilize a guy like Tebow.

I think Tebow should request a trade at the end of the season. He moves to a team which actually wants him while we take a QB who has the qualities that EFX want in a QB and can run the kind of system they want to run.

EFX just better hope that the QB they select turns out to be half decent or I don't see them (maybe not Elway) surviving three years.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #12
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
And who else would we play? One of the two guys who will not even be on our roster next year?
Old 10-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #13
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Tebow is never going to be a starting QB. Not after what I saw today. Its over. I would ride him for the rest of the season and hope we get Luck. I am a huge SC fan and watched Luck and Barkley last night. Luck is the real deal (but I doubt a two win team will be bad enough to get him). I can hope.
Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #14
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
It would be dumb to bench Tebow.

As bad as he has been, you have to give him more than two games.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #15
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Maybe Tebow just isn't good. Maybe the game plan is fine and the QB sucks.

Tebow played superb for 4 minutes last week. But for the other 56 minutes and then OT, he was less than great.

Today, Tebow played good for the first drive and in garbage time.

It doesnt matter what kind of play calls you call, if you are an NFL caliber player you go out and execute, period.

*sigh* I am hopeful he can learn, but I am also doubtful it will happen.
The game plan was dictated by the fact that Tebow can't run the offensive playbook.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #16
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver724 View Post
Tebow is never going to be a starting QB. Not after what I saw today. Its over. I would ride him for the rest of the season and hope we get Luck. I am a huge SC fan and watched Luck and Barkley last night. Luck is the real deal (but I doubt a two win team will be bad enough to get him). I can hope.
Just give up all hope. With our strength of schedule we would need the Dolphins and Colts to win three each.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #17
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

He has to start next week. Whats the point of starting Orton or Quinn? ZERO
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #18
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
It's time to win with Quinn. Who knows, maybe Quinn is the answer. (it's a 1 in a million shot, but it's something)
This is a QB driven league. Quinn is not the answer. We need to draft the QB of the future and Andrew Luck is the only sure thing. I am an SC fan and am not overly impressed with Barkley.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #19
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
Just give up all hope. With our strength of schedule we would need the Dolphins and Colts to win three each.
Not going to happen. Were screwed. I don't want any of the other QB's. Barkley and Landry have bust written all over them. I would rather draft 28 year old Weeden from OK State.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #20
Turd_Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
For now we go with Tebow till the end of the year ( barring injury ) and then see where we are at. If McCoy keeps calling the same type of game all year we have a pretty good idea it will be top 5 pick again, since he seems to have no idea HOW to get Tebow comfortable and in rythym with the offense.

If that happens then I imagine we'll take the best available QB no matter how many other holes this team has. So the rebuild is put back another year.

Did anyone see this fabled change to the offensive game plan actually happen this week? The weren't as many QB draws but there were sure a lot of 15-35 yard routes and 7 step drops in the first 3 quarters. No roll outs, no tosses or pitch outs, screens or reverses, and a whole lot of first down runs.
I have heard several people blame the coaching staff for Tebow's performance... Could someone please explain to me why it falls to the coaching staff to teach an NFL Quarterback how to throw a spiral? Almost every single ball he throws wobbles, and that is the coaching staffs fault? This is not high school. In windy games these wobbling duck passes are going to become even less accurate, and will be even harder to catch.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #21
Denver724
Ring of Famer

And I could tell this morning from Elway's interview on ESPN that he is not close to being sold. After today's game I wonder if Tebow is even on next years roster.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #22
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
I have heard several people blame the coaching staff for Tebow's performance... Could someone please explain to me why it falls to the coaching staff to teach an NFL Quarterback how to throw a spiral? Almost every single ball he throws wobbles, and that is the coaching staffs fault? This is not high school. In windy games these wobbling duck passes are going to become even less accurate, and will be even harder to catch.
Not the staff's fault. Tebow needs to step up and run the O. If he can't he's out. That simple.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #23
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
And who else would we play? One of the two guys who will not even be on our roster next year?
From what I've seen this year I don't think any of them will be on the team next year....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #24
White Dragon
Resident Uniform Expert

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brady Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver724 View Post
This is a QB driven league. Quinn is not the answer. We need to draft the QB of the future and Andrew Luck is the only sure thing. I am an SC fan and am not overly impressed with Barkley.
I agree with you. I still have a LITTLE bit of hope for Quinn, but I seriously doubt he'd be the answer.

I'm all for Luck. I didn't like what I saw from Barkley last night. If somehow they can't get Luck, I would gladly take Landry Jones.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #25
Turd_Ferguson

Quote:
Who says any of them will be back next year?