The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #26
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

I think we may start seeing full blown evaluation period at every position in the near future. I saw both Carter and Moore in there at times. Vaughn and Harris - I am really starting to like Harris' play. Next you know we'll see guys like Irving getting on the field.

Activate Adam Weber and lets get a look at some point this year.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #27
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Failure an Option for this team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
I think we may start seeing full blown evaluation period at every position in the near future. I saw both Carter and Moore in there at times. Vaughn and Harris - I am really starting to like Harris' play. Next you know we'll see guys like Irving getting on the field.

Activate Adam Weber and lets get a look at some point this year.
I would love to see Irving on the field over Mays.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #28
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
I remember you screaming for tebow to be put in.some of us kept telling you that it was fox's first year and it would take time.now that tebow is not working out,you agree that it will take time to right the ship.
I was screaming for Tebow to be put in because there was no point in playing Orton. I never thought this team was anything but a long-term rebuilding project with or without Tebow. And the whole "Tebow not working out" thing tickles me. I tend to wait longer than five up and down starts to come to a conclusion like that, but to each their own.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #29
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoblue View Post
how much to blame lies on him for our embarrassment?
is it dragged over from shanny hangover? dragged over from mcd? mr b?
how did it come to this?

We're going to have to leave a staff in place long enough to do a proper rebuild, at some point. Can Fox now... and we're just going to start ALL over with the next coaching bringing in his guys and his system.

I like a lot of what Fox has done so far. But, we clearly have a massive talent gap. We're banged up, but I can't believe how bad that defense looked today. Just horrific.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #30
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
We're going to have to leave a staff in place long enough to do a proper rebuild, at some point. Can Fox now... and we're just going to start ALL over with the next coaching bringing in his guys and his system.

I like a lot of what Fox has done so far. But, we clearly have a massive talent gap. We're banged up, but I can't believe how bad that defense looked today. Just horrific.
Like what? Seriously, what do you like about what he's done with this team? I can't think of much personally.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #31
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I was screaming for Tebow to be put in because there was no point in playing Orton. I never thought this team was anything but a long-term rebuilding project with or without Tebow. And the whole "Tebow not working out" thing tickles me. I tend to wait longer than five up and down starts to come to a conclusion like that, but to each their own.
Orton flat out played himself out of job. Everyone knew it had to be done.

I think people thought that Tim's intangibles would propel him to instant success, just add Timmy and we have a SB run. A week after the great Miami comeback and I think people would be content next week with seeing him have more than 40 yards passing by the end of the 1st half and convert some 3rd downs while in contention for the game, not just in garbage time.

2 weeks in a row his half time stats were terrible and his 1st 3rd down conversion came in the 2nd half.

We have 9 games left to evaluate Tim, the season has turned from playoffs and winning to hoping we can pick up 3rd down conversions before the 3rd quarter.

Either way he either gets better as the year goes on and proves he deserves to be here next year or he plays himself out of a job.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #32
Orange4Life
Ring of Famer

We have to give Fox some time. He is old school but he has put out enough good to decent teams to have some faith in. Fox had very little off season time to prepare the team because of the lockout. I'm a long way from calling for Fox's head. He gets all of this year and next year before I really start evaluating him. I hope he can get it done cause I'm tired of this ****
Orange4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #33
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:

They were on the field all day, and two touchdowns were scored on Tebow turnovers.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #34
MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo

I thought one of the main reasons we got rid of McDaniels is for more "transparency"? Wasn't Elway talking **** about McDaniels about him not wanting to talk to anyone? And then Elway tried to start a whole twitter thing to get fans hyped to feel "closer" to the organization? Lmao... Elway is a ****in rookie, you think organizations like the Pats and Steelers and Packers worry about dumb **** like this? More transparency lol

With that being said, Fox gives the worst interviews of all time. I rarely watch his... I watched all of McDaniels.

Anyone who watched the interviews, knows that McDaniels gives some good interviews with plentiful details on football. He says as much as he can without giving up information, and you can actually learn a lot just from his interviews.

You may be wondering why is Josh still relevant?

Oh, because he's still on the Broncos payroll
Old 10-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #35
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

<----- DO THIS
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #36
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
It started with Bowlen making a rash decision then not sticking to a plan and instead hiring a punk with very little NFL experience because he was afraid KFC would hire him and he would haunt him for 10 years.

It still amazes me that Bowlen would let mCd hire the dude who was busted twice for cheating. He must have expected lightning in a bottle, too bad we got a stinking turd in a burning paper sack.

mCd gutted the team, EFX are trying to build the team through the draft. They are using this year to evaluate what they have to work with and what to address next year.

mCd had no patience, he made rash decisions and got desperate quickly trying to win quickly rather than actually build a team that would withstand the long haul. Remember when mCd thought signing Ty Law was better than starting his own shiny new 2nd round pick he moved up to get?

We need to be patient with Fox, I could see mCcoy getting the axe as he was inherited from mCd and has done a poor job with both Orton and now Timmy but we need some long term stability at HC and DC. This franchise and fanbase has wanted to make the quick desperation tweaks rather than build the foundation. Having to waste 1st round picks on QBs every couple years hasn't helped.

Back when the Mercury program started NASA would send all the astronauts out to any and every function they could. It was one of the things the astronauts disliked the most about the program, they called it "time in the barrel".

Until we get the base of the team stabilized and rebuilt we Bronco fans will just have to do our time in the barrel. There is no quick fix, we have been subject to too many quick fixes that didnt work, we have no depth at all and little on the skill side, it will take time to build.

Hopefully Tim can get it going and make some progress, if not we will be drafting a new QB high next draft and then have to break in yet another QB which means even more time before winning consistently.
IIRC, the video tape guy we hired was not the one from NE that was caught before, he was the one from NYJ that was victimized by NE.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #37
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Orton flat out played himself out of job. Everyone knew it had to be done.

I think people thought that Tim's intangibles would propel him to instant success, just add Timmy and we have a SB run. A week after the great Miami comeback and I think people would be content next week with seeing him have more than 40 yards passing by the end of the 1st half and convert some 3rd downs while in contention for the game, not just in garbage time.

2 weeks in a row his half time stats were terrible and his 1st 3rd down conversion came in the 2nd half.

We have 9 games left to evaluate Tim, the season has turned from playoffs and winning to hoping we can pick up 3rd down conversions before the 3rd quarter.

Either way he either gets better as the year goes on and proves he deserves to be here next year or he plays himself out of a job.
i seem to recall everyone on here saying that we couldn't judge Cutler until he'd had 2 or 3 years to learn and grow under Shanny. yet, Tebow is a bust after only 5 NFL starts. why the double standard?
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #38
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Fox just said that he will evaluate as to who starts at qb next weekend
I want to see him name Quinn as QB, place will go bonkers.

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #39
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
When Denver hired Fox that likely sealed Tebow's fate. Fox is the exact wrong coach for Tebow. Fox is as old school as they come. His play calling today shows he does not know how to use Tebow. He didn't give the kid a chance with the play calling. Almost like they want to make him look bad so the fans will shut up when they dump him.
I went to the game and didn't set it up to record so its hard to say what all went wrong with Tebow. Looked like there were some drops and some poorly thrown balls as well. But most of all, it looked like the Lions were selling out on blitzes. Tebow cannot make a throw under pressure. He just doesn't see the openings quick enough. What ticks me off is the lack of adjustment like screens. Franklin was horrible and I don't recall him getting much help... So not enough adjustment there either.

Last thing I noticed, Tebow wouldn't get the play sometimes until there was about 10 seconds left on the play clock. Doesn't give him much time to get to the line and make presnap reads. He needs to get the play quicker and get up to the line quicker.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #40
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Give the man a chance. He barely inherited this crap team just weeks before the season began. If you give him the boot you'll just be pissed at the next guy for not automatically winning, too.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #41
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
I want to see him name Quinn as QB, place will go bonkers.

What about having a battle royal of sorts; give each QB two series to show what they have. Just keep rotating them throughout the whole game. A desperate experiment of sorts.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #42
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
When Denver hired Fox that likely sealed Tebow's fate. Fox is the exact wrong coach for Tebow. Fox is as old school as they come. His play calling today shows he does not know how to use Tebow. He didn't give the kid a chance with the play calling. Almost like they want to make him look bad so the fans will shut up when they dump him.
As much as I don't want to believe this maybe this has some merit.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #43
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
I went to the game and didn't set it up to record so its hard to say what all went wrong with Tebow. Looked like there were some drops and some poorly thrown balls as well. But most of all, it looked like the Lions were selling out on blitzes. Tebow cannot make a throw under pressure. He just doesn't see the openings quick enough. What ticks me off is the lack of adjustment like screens. Franklin was horrible and I don't recall him getting much help... So not enough adjustment there either.

Last thing I noticed, Tebow wouldn't get the play sometimes until there was about 10 seconds left on the play clock. Doesn't give him much time to get to the line and make presnap reads. He needs to get the play quicker and get up to the line quicker.
That's a really interesting point that I hadn't noticed...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #44
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by command like a KING View Post

You may be wondering why is Josh still relevant?

Oh, because he's still on the Broncos payroll

He's not...because he's not
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...McDaniels.html

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 10-30-2011 at 09:12 PM..
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #45
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
[/B]

They were on the field all day, and two touchdowns were scored on Tebow turnovers.
Fair enough, but they had their own problems. (See: first TD.)
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #46
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
We're going to have to leave a staff in place long enough to do a proper rebuild, at some point.
Maybe....But it doesn't have to be Fox. He was a terrible hire and I've said so since day 1.

I don't buy into the whole Bowlen is broke thing but I do believe Elway wants to project an image of stability.

We're stuck with Fox for at least another year unfortunately. Best we can hope for is Kubiak getting the axe if Houston misses the PO's. Bring him in as OC next year with the promise of the HC gig the year after.

Win/Win IMO. Denver doesn't look a revolving door at HC ala Oakland and Kub's gets a year away from the pressures of HC and hopefully thrives in tour #2.
HAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #47
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
i seem to recall everyone on here saying that we couldn't judge Cutler until he'd had 2 or 3 years to learn and grow under Shanny. yet, Tebow is a bust after only 5 NFL starts. why the double standard?
I love how people see one thing then think another here.

I didn't say anything about calling Tim a bust after 5 games. I said he has to show progress over the next 9 games. If he keeps coming out week after week and putting up only 40 yards he will play himself out of a job.

Reread the post.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:04 AM   #48
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post

I noticed that to. The play calling and lack of adjustments was mind boggling. Franklin was getting beat all game. Pretty much every 3rd down was an all out blitz, yet we were running deep routes! The one screen play didn't work so they gave up on it. Maybe try a draw? A quick slant? Tebow was bad but the play calling was doing him no favors!
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:12 AM   #49
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by command like a KING View Post
Oh course, Fox gets the "inherited" terrible team pass but McDaniels doesn't.
McDaniels inherited a borderline mediocre team with a young, promising offense. He also inherited more draft picks and cap space than this team has had in its history.

Fox is here to clean up McDaniel's mess.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:40 AM   #50
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
McDaniels inherited a borderline mediocre team with a young, promising offense. He also inherited more draft picks and cap space than this team has had in its history.

Fox is here to clean up McDaniel's mess.
The offense has regressed tremendously under Fox. We are in the bottom of the league far as offense goes. Defense is still the same. The ONLY reason why Fox is the HC is because he was cheap. We didn't go after other coaches because the price tag was too high. Fox was not Elway's first choice.

It sucks, but Broncos organization is in complete disarray. We need wholesale changes all over, and not just patch up jobs that Bowlen/Ellis implements to save money.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote