The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,064

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default What Tim could be with better accuracy



We've heard the hopeful parallels.

But, start watching at 0:43 if you want to see something that looks pretty similar.

Also, Kubiak cameo at 2:14.

Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 10-26-2011 at 05:27 AM..
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer
 
"I'm your Huckleberry"

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 1,091

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

I have said this from day one. He will be Young all over again, I just hope it's with us and nobody else.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,532
Default

Young was not that horrible at throwing as Tebow is....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Young was not that horrible at throwing as Tebow is....
Ya.. I don't see the similarity at all really. Young was a MUCH better passer.

If you want to make a comparison, look at Bernie Kosar. That's the closest match to Tebow (in terms of passing) that I can find.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #5
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Tebow is better than Young. He will make all the doubters look stupid. It will be fun bumping the haters takes, on all the forums, in a couple years. It will be even better when they are bumped with links to those same haters defending McDaniels and Orton. Talk about hate for the Bronco franchise.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Young was not that horrible at throwing as Tebow is....
That's the point. The thread title is "What Tim could be with better accuracy". If he learns to throw a better ball, we may have something there...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #7
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
That's the point. The thread title is "What Tim could be with better accuracy". If he learns to throw a better ball, we may have something there...
you can improve accuracy slightly to marginally in the pros. If Tebow improved greatly, he'd still have D1 accuracy.

I like Tebow but no QB can be successful being so piss poor throwing as he is.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #8
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
you can improve accuracy slightly to marginally in the pros. If Tebow improved greatly, he'd still have D1 accuracy.

I like Tebow but no QB can be successful being so piss poor throwing as he is.
That is complete crap. For one, your conclusion doesn't jive with reality. He is 2-2 with one of the worst teams in the league. He has been far more productive than Orton. In his worst looking game so far, he still outplayed the majority of QBs this past week.

Last edited by jhns; 10-26-2011 at 08:52 AM..
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #9
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Tebow is better than Young. He will make all the doubters look stupid. It will be fun bumping the haters takes, on all the forums, in a couple years. It will be even better when they are bumped with links to those same haters defending McDaniels and Orton. Talk about hate for the Bronco franchise.
What a fulfilling life.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:56 AM   #10
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
What a fulfilling life.
You are just mad that everything you love is bad for this team. We call you a raiders fan in these parts.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #11
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
You are just mad that everything you love is bad for this team. We call you a raiders fan in these parts.
Not mad at all. What I "love" is the Denver Broncos.

What you "love" is bumping threads two and three years down the line and saying "I told you so."

Like I said: What a fulfilling life.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #12
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,628

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

In effectiveness, Tebow reminds me of a young Rothslsburger. Real hard to bring down, extends plays, not really an NFL thrower, but could throw nice passes in spots.

Its just Ben had one hell of a supporting cast, and Tebow, well, he's got us.

Over time Ben has turned into a pretty good NFL passer (having Wallace doesn't hurt). I expect the same for Tebow, over time.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #13
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Young early in his career wasn't super accurate. I laugh because Robbie Bosco was a more accurate passer than Young was at BYU. He barely had a completion percentage above 50% for the first several years in the league. In Tampa his passer rating was about 60. FYI Tebow already has a higher passer rating than Young did in his early career at 89.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Steve Young fan, and Tebow has light years to go to get to his level, But before you all dismiss Tebow as nothing close to Young, you have to remember these guys didn't roll out of bed awesome. Young sat for half a decade before he really got the reigns and emerged as elite. Tebow can do the same.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #14
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 
b**** Please!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: with my sisterwives
Posts: 8,006

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
You are just mad that everything you love is bad for this team. We call you a raiders fan in these parts.
"we" ? Jhns, are the voices in your head talking to you again? (all in good fun , don't go all McCrazy on me okay).
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #15
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Not mad at all. What I "love" is the Denver Broncos.

What you "love" is bumping threads two and three years down the line and saying "I told you so."

Like I said: What a fulfilling life.
Yeah right. You supported McDaniels. You supported Orton. You defended both. You hate on Tebow.

It is pretty easy to see that you hate this franchise. You loved seeing this team become one of the worst in the league.

You are also an extreme drama queen. Most of you raider fans are though.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #16
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
"we" ? Jhns, are the voices in your head talking to you again? (all in good fun , don't go all McCrazy on me okay).
You are clearly a McFan if you don't think moose has a serious case of raiderfanitis.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #17
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Yeah right. You supported McDaniels. You supported Orton. You defended both. You hate on Tebow.

It is pretty easy to see that you hate this franchise. You loved seeing this team become one of the worst in the league.

You are also an extreme drama queen. Most of you raider fans are though.
Was McDaniels the coach of the team? Yes. Hence, my support.

Was Orton the quarterback of the team? Yes. Hence, my support.

Is Tebow the quarterback of the team? Yes. Hence, my support.

Are you a silly, sad little person? Yes. Hence, your desperate need to say "I told you so."

Glad I could clear that up for you. Now run along. You've got threads to dig up from years past to support your super-duper awesome life.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #18
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
That's the point. The thread title is "What Tim could be with better accuracy". If he learns to throw a better ball, we may have something there...
If this based just on his last game?
One thing I've learned about the NFL; you're only as good/bad as your last game.
Let's see more. I'm still sticking to my guns and say that in 5 more games, Tebow will be night a day different than what he is today.
There will be good, bad, and meltdowns between now and then.
Patience. We should by then know what we've got. A 6-game sample is good enough for me to tell one way or another
I'm looking forward to that game. That, if I'm not mistaken, will be the game against the Jets...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #19
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!
 
TailgateNut's Avatar
 
.......as much as tebonites

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mile High
Posts: 20,298

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default

re the OP/title: A QB!
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:17 AM   #20
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Was McDaniels the coach of the team? Yes. Hence, my support.

Was Orton the quarterback of the team? Yes. Hence, my support.

Is Tebow the quarterback of the team? Yes. Hence, my support.

Are you a silly, sad little person? Yes. Hence, your desperate need to say "I told you so."

Glad I could clear that up for you. Now run along. You've got threads to dig up from years past to support your super-duper awesome life.
You support a guy that drives this franchise into the ground and claim it is because you like the franchise... You love a crap player starting for this team because you love the franchise...

You really don't think before you type. Not only are you a Bronco hater, you are also an idiot.

You call my life sad. I call it one of the best lives on this planet.

You should learn to read though. I never said anything about bumping my own posts. There is no "I told you so!". There will just be, "You have been an idiot for years now. You should really stop trying to evaluate the situation until you gain some knowledge."

Last edited by jhns; 10-26-2011 at 09:21 AM..
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:17 AM   #21
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Young early in his career wasn't super accurate. I laugh because Robbie Bosco was a more accurate passer than Young was at BYU. He barely had a completion percentage above 50% for the first several years in the league. In Tampa his passer rating was about 60. FYI Tebow already has a higher passer rating than Young did in his early career at 89.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Steve Young fan, and Tebow has light years to go to get to his level, But before you all dismiss Tebow as nothing close to Young, you have to remember these guys didn't roll out of bed awesome. Young sat for half a decade before he really got the reigns and emerged as elite. Tebow can do the same.
Correct but Young is an outlier on accuracy improvement, not the norm. Will a mechanical correction in how Tebow throws improve his mechanics? Yes but a lot of that is something your are born with.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #22
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
You call my life sad. I call it one of the best lives on this planet.
Well, you're delusional, so that's not surprising.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #23
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 
b**** Please!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: with my sisterwives
Posts: 8,006

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
You are clearly a McFan if you don't think moose has a serious case of raiderfanitis.
He can't be a Raider fan, I don't think most prisons give that much internet time to the inmates. Sheesh... ya big Cutler leg humper you....
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #24
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
He can't be a Raider fan, I don't think most prisons give that much internet time to the inmates. Sheesh... ya big Cutler leg humper you....


True. Maybe I will have to go with chief fan. He shares the same mental capacity.

He does root to be a horrible, bottom of the league team. Maybe this makes him a charger fan?
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:27 AM   #25
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!
 
zdoor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Templeton, Ca.
Posts: 1,607
Default

There was an article on ESPN a few months back that was used to compare Tebow to Young. It was written 25 years ago and the jist of the piece was that if you didn't know who the article was written about you would think it was Tebow. It talked about most all of the same flaws and issues Tebow has and it was pretty interesting to read. Who knows...

Not saying that Tebow is a future HOF player but its also ridiculous to claim he'll never be shiat based on 4 games. He could turn into something and he could flat out bust. Regardless, we should know in the next 2.5 months and be able to either build or move on as a franchise...
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why Dawkins was a great sign. Quoydogs Orange Mane Central Discussion 21 08-09-2011 02:36 PM
Tim Tebow Dreams of Jeannie bendog Orange Mane Central Discussion 18 04-08-2011 09:45 AM
In Response to the "Very Little of Tim Tebows Game Translates to the NFL Post" prunch Orange Mane Central Discussion 33 01-05-2011 08:31 AM
Chuck Norris and Tim Tebow JCMElway Orange Mane Central Discussion 1 07-23-2010 10:36 PM
Tim Tebow Fun Facts Pony Boy Orange Mane Central Discussion 17 04-26-2010 11:32 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Denver Broncos