The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default PFF breaks down Tebow's performance so far this season...

51 dropbacks

25 under pressure (this is an extremely high amount compared to other QBs)

under pressure: 14 attempts, 4 completions, 56 yards, six sacks...

2 TD, 0 INT.

When blitzed: 3-12, 36 yards, 5 sacks....

3 TD, 0 INT.

Food for thought.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #2
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
51 dropbacks

25 under pressure (this is an extremely high amount compared to other QBs)

under pressure: 14 attempts, 4 completions, 56 yards, six sacks...

2 TD, 0 INT.

When blitzed: 3-12, 36 yards, 5 sacks....

3 TD, 0 INT.

Food for thought.
Makes me think that .
1. Tebow holds the ball too long. ( True)
2. Our pass protection is pretty poor ( also true ..he did not have a clean pocket for much more than 2.5 seconds much of yesterday, and sometimes even less).
3. Our receivers are not getting open cleanly very often.
4. We need to run more slants and screens and short to medium routes.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Is this the appropriate time to say Merrill Hoge is a douch?
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
MacGruder

QBs when coached by John Fox:

100% all sucked
Old 10-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #5
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post

100% all sucked
PROJECTING.

YOU'RE DOING IT.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #6
MacGruder

You got me.. I'm actually talking about my own coaching of Qbs
Old 10-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So every time he's completed a pass against a blitz, it's gone for a TD? I hope he keeps that up.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #8
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So many of his numbers look terrible, and to be honest at times out there he looks woeful.

But then you look and see that in 4 and a half games playing QB for us he's accounted for 11 TD's and only turned the ball over 3 times.

Impossible to know how things will go with him. It'll be exciting finding out for sure, but I've honestly no idea what the future holds for him.

I won't be surprised if he becomes an absolute monster NFL QB, but equally I won't be shocked if the wheels completely fall off and he starts putting up horrendous numbers.

Here's hoping it's the former.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Every week Tebow will get more reps in practice and they will find more throws he can make. The point is though that Orton stinks, and we have to find out if Tebows style can = wins. Broncos have a long ways to go.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #10
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:

100% all sucked

Decker's wide open! Throw it Tim!

What the...

Oh my...

dude...
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #11
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

What the **** was that?!?!

Sorry coach. I think that one got away from me.

MacGruder: "It's Fox's fault! Everyone he coaches sucks! Tebow played perfectly! The play calling made him miss! I want Tebow's balls up my..."

Security, can we take that guy over near Orton, please?

Hey baby...
Old 10-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #12
MacGruder

Quote:

MacGruder: "It's Fox's fault! Everyone he coaches sucks! Tebow played perfectly! The play calling made him miss! I want Tebow's balls up my..."
YOU'RE PROJECTING
Old 10-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #13
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

What the **** was that?!?!

Sorry coach. I think that one got away from me.

Security, can we take that guy over near Orton, please?

Hey baby...
I don't know how long that took but well played!
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:16 PM   #14
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

The b**** is Back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

WITCH HUNT! WITCH HUNT! WITCH HUNT!

Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:16 PM   #15
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Every week Tebow will get more reps in practice and they will find more throws he can make. The point is though that Orton stinks, and we have to find out if Tebows style can = wins. Broncos have a long ways to go.
This doesn't make sense though because Tebow can make throws when they get away from Fox's crap offense.

Broncos runningbacks getting injured could be the best thing in the world.. it would force Fox to do something else besides his brilliant game plan..
Old 10-24-2011, 11:20 PM   #16
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
This doesn't make sense though because Tebow can make throws when they get away from Fox's crap offense.

Broncos runningbacks getting injured could be the best thing in the world.. it would force Fox to do something else besides his brilliant game plan..
Making throws accurately has nothing to do with the game plan. It is that simple, nothing.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #17
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Making throws accurately has nothing to do with the game plan. It is that simple, nothing.
Shut up you! If the game plan calls for pass plays, and those pass plays get the receivers wide open, and the QB horribly misses those receivers, that is OBVIOUSLY a poor game plan!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:23 PM   #18
MacGruder

Quote:
So what doesn't Tebow have to do when he scores all his points that he has to do other times in the game?
Old 10-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #19
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Shut up you! If the game plan calls for pass plays, and those pass plays get the receivers wide open, and the QB horribly misses those receivers, that is OBVIOUSLY a poor game plan!
You mean when the QB is getting hit in the pocket and put in a horrible position because the coaches tried to rely on a horrible run game and then Tebow is expected to clean up the mess with few and far between pass attempts.. while having no prep all year because they decided to go with "the best chance to lose"

Tebow had no prep last season.. no OTAs.. and no prep this season for the "worst chance to win".. even though Tebow already proved he was better last season.

Meanwhile best-chance-to-lose prima donna Neckbeard is on the side line complaining about Tebow missing "wide open" receivers.. lol

Last edited by MacGruder; 10-24-2011 at 11:39 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #20
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
We need to run more slants and screens and short to medium routes.
Slants and short timing routes are were Tebow's issues are really apparent, however. His footwork, motion, and inability to play under center makes executing quick slants and timing patterns really troublesome.

Look at players like Drew Brees who excel at those routes. They get out from under center quickly, they take 3 steps cleanly, and they quickly get the ball out of their hands before the linebackers are fully dropped into coverage.

Tebow's issues under center are well documented. It's REALLY difficult to execute those patterns from the shotgun as it takes much longer to get the ball gripped and ready to throw from shotgun.

Your right that those patterns are wide open. Tebow is going to need to really come along, particularly with his footwork, to execute them however.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #21
Agamemnon

Quote:
Yeah, Tebow threw some really bad passes in that game, and while the gameplan was garbage and didn't do anything to help him find a rhythm, Tebow's ultimately responsible for delivering the ball.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #22
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Slants and short timing routes are were Tebow's issues are really apparent, however. His footwork, motion, and inability to play under center makes executing quick slants and timing patterns really troublesome.

Look at players like Drew Brees who excel at those routes. They get out from under center quickly, they take 3 steps cleanly, and they quickly get the ball out of their hands before the linebackers are fully dropped into coverage.

Tebow's issues under center are well documented. It's REALLY difficult to execute those patterns from the shotgun as it takes much longer to get the ball gripped and ready to throw from shotgun.

Your right that those patterns are wide open. Tebow is going to need to really come along, particularly with his footwork, to execute them however.
Tebow can hit them out of the shotgun fairly well, but otherwise you are right. The problem right now is that they need to just let him throw and live with the results rather than limiting him to only 3rd downs (the hardest down for a QB by far). He'll likely get better the more he does it, and not letting him do it is pointless right now. We are highly unlikely to be in playoff contention beyond week 10, so playing not to lose is just silly.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:44 PM   #23
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yeah, Tebow threw some really bad passes in that game, and while the gameplan was garbage and didn't do anything to help him find a rhythm, Tebow's ultimately responsible for delivering the ball.
That's all fine and dandy..

But if you don't put a game plan in place that helps your QB with his weaknesses in order to utilize his strengths you are wasting his talent.. and someone somewhere else WILL craft an offense around them properly and he will be successful somewhere else.

Tebow has ENOUGH going against him this season as it is... to not do anything to help him acclimate and get his confidence is just a recipe for disaster..
Old 10-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #24
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
That's all fine and dandy..

But if you don't put a game plan in place that helps your QB with his weaknesses in order to utilize his strengths you are wasting his talent.. and someone somewhere else WILL craft an offense around them properly and he will be successful somewhere else.

Tebow has ENOUGH going against him this season as it is... to not do anything to help him acclimate and get his confidence is just a recipe for disaster..
You honestly believe the Broncos have not done anything to help him? You are the biggest idiot ever.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #25
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Last edited by Houshyamama; 10-25-2011 at 12:01 AM..
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote