The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 05:06 AM   #1
BlueandOrange32

Default The no huddle

Is it me, or does Tebow seem to thrive when the offense is in a 2 minute no huddle offense?

Maybe they ought to just run that more often with him and see how that goes.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandOrange32 View Post
Is it me, or does Tebow seem to thrive when the offense is in a 2 minute no huddle offense?

Maybe they ought to just run that more often with him and see how that goes.
I think what you are picking up on is that when Tebow goes hurry up, it evens the playing field. Now the defense sort of forced to play school yard ball as well. Tebow wins a draw the plays in the dirt type game IMO. If Tebow not good at executing a game plan i think we should just play school yard. I really wish we would do some more bootleggin and moving the pocket around. I think if you run Tebow on a sweep defenses will be vulnerable to the reverse. Maybe to Thomas? The kid can't throw the ball very well.....but I just love him. I don't think I have admired a player more then Tebow, outside of Karl Mecklenburg, i loved the snow goose.

Karl spent like 30 minutes talking football with me after a SD game i went to in 92 i think it was. Just so cool and made me feel like I wasn't imposing. Romo in 98 at the Superbowl in SD was also ultra cool to me. He is also one of my all time favorite Broncos. Tebow just seems like the type who if you said my mom is sick, he would sit and pray with you, and really mean it. I don't know why for sure but that just makes me proud he is our QB. He's a great young man and I am pulling for him like no other.

Tebow needs a Darren Sproles. A player in the passing game like Eric Metcalf, or a Steve Sewell. A guy you can get the ball to in the flats and then he makes a play. I love Tim Tebow and I just think he will be great for Denver football. He's going to make other players play harder, and IMO make them look inside themselves, to evaluate if they are really giving 100 percent all the time.

What I say today was a team that believes in Tebow being a winner, and a leader. He may not end up a typical NFL QB. But I bet defenses will hate him. They want the QB to throw ball away, to slide, to run out of bounds. Tebow is going to frustrate them and IMO draw a lot of late hits.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:48 AM   #3
BlueandOrange32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I think what you are picking up on is that when Tebow goes hurry up, it evens the playing field. Now the defense sort of forced to play school yard ball as well. Tebow wins a draw the plays in the dirt type game IMO. If Tebow not good at executing a game plan i think we should just play school yard. I really wish we would do some more bootleggin and moving the pocket around. I think if you run Tebow on a sweep defenses will be vulnerable to the reverse. Maybe to Thomas? The kid can't throw the ball very well.....but I just love him. I don't think I have admired a player more then Tebow, outside of Karl Mecklenburg, i loved the snow goose.

Karl spent like 30 minutes talking football with me after a SD game i went to in 92 i think it was. Just so cool and made me feel like I wasn't imposing. Romo in 98 at the Superbowl in SD was also ultra cool to me. He is also one of my all time favorite Broncos. Tebow just seems like the type who if you said my mom is sick, he would sit and pray with you, and really mean it. I don't know why for sure but that just makes me proud he is our QB. He's a great young man and I am pulling for him like no other.

Tebow needs a Darren Sproles. A player in the passing game like Eric Metcalf, or a Steve Sewell. A guy you can get the ball to in the flats and then he makes a play. I love Tim Tebow and I just think he will be great for Denver football. He's going to make other players play harder, and IMO make them look inside themselves, to evaluate if they are really giving 100 percent all the time.

What I say today was a team that believes in Tebow being a winner, and a leader. He may not end up a typical NFL QB. But I bet defenses will hate him. They want the QB to throw ball away, to slide, to run out of bounds. Tebow is going to frustrate them and IMO draw a lot of late hits.
He needs to spot the open WR and deliver the ball to them. I know he is capable of it. I personally think the incessasnt attacks on him and criticism has actually effected him. I know people will think I am saying he is being persecuted. Well, he sort of his.

Having said that, I think his confidence has been diminished. At some point of the games he is in (Usually inthe 4th quarter), he gets comfortable and he just starts playing. Instead of trying to be too careful. Once he starts to get comfortable, and just starts playing is when good things start to happen.

We can talk Xs and Os. The game is as much about dealing with individual people as much as Xs and Os. Confidence is very fragile. I know this organization did everything it could do to destroy it. If it was intentional or not, that is another discussion. . The point is it was rather clear to me that the organization didnt really truly back him.

That tends to really deflate a players confidence in more ways than one. It can also motivate, and I think Tebow uses it as motivation. However, it also wears on someone.

The reason I say no huddle and using a hurry up offense is to try and get him to not be so careful and tentative. He has the ability to deliver the ball. He will never be an outstaning, accurate passer. However, he needs to be and can be a lot more consistent.

He cannot do this every time he starts. He has done it every time too. Except of course his first start.

Last edited by BlueandOrange32; 10-24-2011 at 05:53 AM..
Old 10-24-2011, 06:26 AM   #4
AlphaSeirra

Current 2011 NFL PER's

Orton = 75.7 -- 10.8 yds/comp, 8 TD's, 7 Ints, plus 3.4 ypc, & zero TD's

Tebow = 94.4 -- 14.1 yds/comp, 3 TD's, ZERO Ints, plus 6.8 ypc & 1 TD
=====

Bronc's 18 - 15 Phins
Tebow 13 of 27, 48.1%, for 161 yds, 12.4 yds/comp, 2 TD's, ZERO Ints, ZERO lost poss fumbles.
Rushing - 8 for 65 yds, 8.1 ypc.
======

Fox Offense for 54.5 minutes = zero pts

Tebow Hurry up offense for 4.5 minutes, drives of 80 and 56 yards = 2 TD's
Tebow ran for critical 2 pt conversion to tie game sending it to OT.

Fox OT Offense led to kicker having to make a 52 yd FG for win.
But Tebow ran for critical 1st down at midfield.

Fox's offense/game plan, play calling, and record with the Panthers comes to mind....
======

Credit for the win goes to:
~ The Defense for playing tough all day, and for finally creating a T-O in OT.
~ ST's for the successful On Sides Kick, and GREAT punting all day and kick coverage.
~ FG kicker was bad on 2 kicks, but made the 52 yard FG to get the OT win, + deep KO's.
~ Tebow, for engineering and inspiring the come from behind win that NOBODY (except Tebow fans) expected.
Leading Rushers:
W.McGahee 18 for 76 yds, 4.2 ypc
T.Tebow 8 for 65 yds, 8.1 ypc, Long 21 yds.
As I said last week, it's a TEAM game that no one player can win by himself.

NOTE - Anyone who wants to push Tim's comp.%, needs to balance it off against his # of Ints.
Tim is known for throwing the ball were only 'his receiver' has a chance to catch it, leading to the uninformed
claiming that Tim is inaccurate with his throws.
Instead of focusing just on Tim's comp. %, keep an eye instead on this NFL Pass Efficiency Rating & Yds/Comp.
(I remind you yet again, UF - 995 passes, 66.8%, SEC Record Career Pass Eff Rating of 170.79)

Fox needs to improve more imoho, than Tim does.....

It they can improve together it would be wonderful!
=======

Broncos all time VS Miami, at Miami 0-7
Elway 1-0 in SB held at Miami, but not against the Phins
Tebow all time at Miami 3-0
* HS State Champ, BCS-NC, 4th Qtr 18 pt come from behind win

Last edited by AlphaSeirra; 10-24-2011 at 06:32 AM..
Old 10-24-2011, 07:59 AM   #5
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaSeirra View Post
Current 2011 NFL PER's

Orton = 75.7 -- 10.8 yds/comp, 8 TD's, 7 Ints, plus 3.4 ypc, & zero TD's

Tebow = 94.4 -- 14.1 yds/comp, 3 TD's, ZERO Ints, plus 6.8 ypc & 1 TD
=====

Bronc's 18 - 15 Phins
Tebow 13 of 27, 48.1%, for 161 yds, 12.4 yds/comp, 2 TD's, ZERO Ints, ZERO lost poss fumbles.
Rushing - 8 for 65 yds, 8.1 ypc.
======

Fox Offense for 54.5 minutes = zero pts

Tebow Hurry up offense for 4.5 minutes, drives of 80 and 56 yards = 2 TD's
Tebow ran for critical 2 pt conversion to tie game sending it to OT.

Fox OT Offense led to kicker having to make a 52 yd FG for win.
But Tebow ran for critical 1st down at midfield.

Fox's offense/game plan, play calling, and record with the Panthers comes to mind....
======

Credit for the win goes to:
~ The Defense for playing tough all day, and for finally creating a T-O in OT.
~ ST's for the successful On Sides Kick, and GREAT punting all day and kick coverage.
~ FG kicker was bad on 2 kicks, but made the 52 yard FG to get the OT win, + deep KO's.
~ Tebow, for engineering and inspiring the come from behind win that NOBODY (except Tebow fans) expected.
Leading Rushers:
W.McGahee 18 for 76 yds, 4.2 ypc
T.Tebow 8 for 65 yds, 8.1 ypc, Long 21 yds.
As I said last week, it's a TEAM game that no one player can win by himself.

NOTE - Anyone who wants to push Tim's comp.%, needs to balance it off against his # of Ints.
Tim is known for throwing the ball were only 'his receiver' has a chance to catch it, leading to the uninformed
claiming that Tim is inaccurate with his throws.
Instead of focusing just on Tim's comp. %, keep an eye instead on this NFL Pass Efficiency Rating & Yds/Comp.
(I remind you yet again, UF - 995 passes, 66.8%, SEC Record Career Pass Eff Rating of 170.79)

Fox needs to improve more imoho, than Tim does.....

It they can improve together it would be wonderful!
=======

Broncos all time VS Miami, at Miami 0-7
Elway 1-0 in SB held at Miami, but not against the Phins
Tebow all time at Miami 3-0
* HS State Champ, BCS-NC, 4th Qtr 18 pt come from behind win
Tebow did fumble, and yes Willis recovered , but had to steal the ball from a miami defender in the scrum pile to save that stat.

I am backing Tebow all the way, but he did play like Dog Shyt for 56 minutes yesterday.

Agree that the offense needs to cater more to his skill set, rollouts and sweeps, options.

Maybe we can just hypnotise him that its the 4th quarter and we are behind to START games.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #6
AlphaSeirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Tebow did fumble, and yes Willis recovered , but had to steal the ball from a miami defender in the scrum pile to save that stat.

I am backing Tebow all the way, but he did play like Dog Shyt for 56 minutes yesterday.

Agree that the offense needs to cater more to his skill set, rollouts and sweeps, options.

Maybe we can just hypnotise him that its the 4th quarter and we are behind to START games.
Importance of certain stats:
Fumbles vs Lost Poss Fumbles
Incompletions vs Interceptions

Hint: No one cares that much about passes that hit the DB in the hands, it's the ones that the DB's actually catch that count.
The same goes for fumbles vs LOST poss. fumbles.
Now go look at Tim's total number of snaps vs his 'LOST' poss. fumbles and get back to me.

A few selected Current 2011 NFL Pass Efficiency Ratings from ESPN site: (jus fo fun)

5. Matt Schaub 96.8
6. Matt Stafford - 95.5
9. Alex Smith - 95.2 (Meyer S/O QB that has been called a 1st rnd bust)

Not listed yet: Tim Tebow - 94.4 <<< (Meyer S/O QB that some claimed should be a 3-4 rd pick)

10. Tony Romo - 93.4
13. Michael Vick - 84.4
16. Jay Cutler - 84.0
19. Scam Newton - 82.8
20 Philip Rivers - 82.3

27. Kyle Orton - 75.7 (they only listed 1 QB per team)
28. Colt McCoy - 75.4
30. Sam Bradford - 72.2 <<< #1 Pick over Tebow in 2010 and a 'Can't Miss' QB, supposedly.

What would you rather have, a loser QB with a high completion % and a tight spiral, or a winning QB with a Top 10 PER and ZERO Ints

The 'genius' scouts claimed that Colt McCoy and benched (3 TD - 9 Int) J.Clausen should have been picked before Tebow.

Tebow's glass is either half full or half empty (2-2 as Bronco QB) with room to improve (a given).
Qualifiers:
Little to no use as a QB in 2010, 1-2 to end season.
No off season training or prep.
Little to no preseason prep. (PER - TT 108, KO 104, BQ 69)
But he still won his first 2011 start in an away game.
Pretty Thrown Interceptions vs Ugly TD Passes?
Style/Looks vs Results/Wins

But keep on listening to those genius scouts and the media moron parrots.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #7
vonqkilla

His footwork is killing accuracy. Slinging it like back on the farm. Indecisive. Hesitant. Until a gun is put to his head.

Can't wait to see it all again!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
He needs to spot the open WR and deliver the ball to them. I know he is capable of it. I personally think the incessasnt attacks on him and criticism has actually effected him. I know people will think I am saying he is being persecuted. Well, he sort of his.

Having said that, I think his confidence has been diminished. At some point of the games he is in (Usually inthe 4th quarter), he gets comfortable and he just starts playing. Instead of trying to be too careful. Once he starts to get comfortable, and just starts playing is when good things start to happen.

We can talk Xs and Os. The game is as much about dealing with individual people as much as Xs and Os. Confidence is very fragile. I know this organization did everything it could do to destroy it. If it was intentional or not, that is another discussion. . The point is it was rather clear to me that the organization didnt really truly back him.

That tends to really deflate a players confidence in more ways than one. It can also motivate, and I think Tebow uses it as motivation. However, it also wears on someone.

The reason I say no huddle and using a hurry up offense is to try and get him to not be so careful and tentative. He has the ability to deliver the ball. He will never be an outstaning, accurate passer. However, he needs to be and can be a lot more consistent.

He cannot do this every time he starts. He has done it every time too. Except of course his first start.
Generally once you go no huddle the QB needs to know the offense even better really. Obviously he has to be able to hit open WR but I think as far as that goes he may be sort of Jeckel and Hyde. But I think with his legs he can always move the ball.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:24 PM   #9
Agamemnon

Quote:
I can't help but think a lot of it comes from the coaches. I just get the feeling they are nitpicking every little thing he does (trying to make him a traditional pocket passer overnight) to the point that he becomes extremely self-concious in the way he plays. He just doesn't look confident or comfortable out there.

The pass that really exemplified that to me was the massively overthrown dump off to Moreno. Go back and look at it and watch how he throws the ball. It's really odd. He doesn't throw it the way you throw a football. It's almost like he's taking a shot with a basketball. To me it's clear that he was hyper-concious of the times he's rifled a pass low in those situations so he tried to just drop it into Moreno's arms. It was a play that was clearly coming from a player that is worried about making mistakes. And that tends to lead to a lot of mistakes.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #10
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

it's a conspiracy coupled with incompetence of EFX
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
vonqkilla

More deep curls!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #12
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

after watching the whole thing on rewind, and the last part of the game twice, I've come to the conclustion that the Tebowites who start these threads: a. have never played organized football beyond intramural flag in hs; b. are less football fans that Tebowites; and c. didn't really bother to watch the game.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #13
BlueandOrange32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
after watching the whole thing on rewind, and the last part of the game twice, I've come to the conclustion that the Tebowites who start these threads: a. have never played organized football beyond intramural flag in hs; b. are less football fans that Tebowites; and c. didn't really bother to watch the game.
You are wrong about me on A B and C.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #14
vonqkilla

Quote:
I think some no huddle is a decent idea to speed up the game for Tebow so the dyslexic boy wonder stops thinking and just goes.

I wonder how much the dyslexia really slows down his decision making and reads.

Out of the box.

Discuss.

Last edited by vonqkilla; 10-25-2011 at 12:16 PM..
Old 10-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #15
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

This isn't a knock on Tebow, but when "thinking" is taken out of the equation he performs MUCH better.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #16
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
...didn't you post that you missed the majority of the game?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #17
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...didn't you post that you missed the majority of the game?
I watched nfl rewind. It's nice, sort of like how i used to dvd shanny's running game, but it is nice to see you remain Mr. a-hole internet bully, tough guy
Old 10-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #18
Slightly Soiled
Angling for VP.

Mitt watch this!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gerald Willhite

Couldn't Tebow just be a closer?
Slightly Soiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #19
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slightly Soiled View Post
Couldn't Tebow just be a closer?
ok, that was funny
Old 10-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #20
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I watched nfl rewind. It's nice, sort of like how i used to dvd shanny's running game, but it is nice to see you remain Mr. a-hole internet bully, tough guy
Why do you always call me that when you're the one calling me names...? It's very peculiar.

Anyway, I'm glad you managed to catch the game finally and then criticize other people.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #21
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

@ trying to derive anything about Tebow with one game's worth of stats.

(that goes both for 56 mins of dog **** play as well as 5 mins of inspired play)
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #22
BlueandOrange32

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
This isn't a knock on Tebow, but when "thinking" is taken out of the equation he performs MUCH better.
Or when he is playing inthe offense that best suits him.

Fox's record with QBs is abysmal at best. The Panthers fans said it and warned. Paradigms are very difficult to shift, especially in seasoned coaches that have a life time philosophy of the way to do things.

The fact is the best coaches are and have always been the type that adjust according their talent. Not, trying to form your talent into what you think they ought to be. It is very difficult for a new coach that has other coaches players they didnt want in the first place.

The fact is Tebow runs a certain type of offense efficiently. He is in effect the prototypical "system" Qb that can also improvise at any time. Extending plays. All of that. He is right now a left handed version of Roethlisberger.

I do believe if they formulate an offense that is more similar to the spread, two minute, no huddle offense, we will see a far more consistent version of Tebow. Right now it is that baffling to everyone as to how and why he becomes so dynamic after being so lousy. This is the 4th game in a row that this as happened.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #23
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
No QB can "think" in the NFL and be successful. It has to become instinctual and reflexive. The game is too fast for thinking, at least when the play is actually happening.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #24
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

It's amazing how for fifty minutes he can't see a blitz to save himself, and then he not only sees it, but he rolls right to get away and nails a wr in the hands. That has NOTHING to do with offensive scheme. It's the same one back, one te an three wr.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #25
broncs2bowl
Ring of Famer

^Club of Death^

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Im not gonna lie, Mcdaniels as the OC for Tebow would have done him wonders
broncs2bowl is offline   Reply With Quote