The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
MABroncoFan
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default Interesting stat

http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2011/1...-observations/

What happened was that the Broncos became the first team since the AFL-NFL merger to win after trailing by 15 or more points with less than three minutes remaining, according to the Elias Stats Bureau.
MABroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
MacGruder

How much more evidence do we need that the conservative play calling is the problem not Tebow.. hell.. even Orton got a worse rap than he should have for the same reason.

When you play so conservatively it helps the opposing D. You just can't be so predictable.. and the longer it takes to start loosening it up the longer it takes to get the offense going.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
vonqkilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
How much more evidence do we need that the conservative play calling is the problem not Tebow.. hell.. even Orton got a worse rap than he should have for the same reason.

When you play so conservatively it helps the opposing D. You just can't be so predictable.. and the longer it takes to start loosening it up the longer it takes to get the offense going.
Omg....

I could see a case for no huddle being run with tebow, but cmon.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post

Definitely.They should adjust the offense to run the spread at least 70% of the game, with your traditional under-center plays mixed in.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #5
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brady View Post
Definitely.They should adjust the offense to run the spread at least 70% of the game, with your traditional under-center plays mixed in.

I think i am going to like you.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
DrFate
Lord of Order

That's a neat stat - a good quote from Dawkins from that link:

“When he gets to crunch time, he trusts what he sees more. That’s what I see. He trusts things and just lets it fly,” safety Brian Dawkins said. “Early on, he was second-guessing things, but my thing is just let it go. You see it, let it go, and we’ll deal with the result.”
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFate View Post
That's a neat stat - a good quote from Dawkins from that link:

“When he gets to crunch time, he trusts what he sees more. That’s what I see. He trusts things and just lets it fly,” safety Brian Dawkins said. “Early on, he was second-guessing things, but my thing is just let it go. You see it, let it go, and we’ll deal with the result.”
Someone needs to tell Dawkins that both Orton and Tebow did/do the same thing.. they don't start getting aggressive until the game is out of reach..

What does that tell you?

The difference is Orton only had one gear while Tebow has overdrive, 4-wheel drive and a hover mode..
Old 10-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #8
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I heard someone say 6 or 8 teams started new QBs today and Tebow was the only one that won, too.

Your stat is cooler but it wasn't a bad day, in the end.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote