The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,476
Default Tebow took responsibility for today's awful performance

anybody ever remember Orton or Cutler accepting responsibility when they sucked and the Broncos lost? i don't.

Quote:
The Broncos appeared beaten when they trailed 15-0 with 5:23 left and took over at their 20. At that point Tebow was 4 for 14 for 40 yards.

"It was my fault we were in that position," he said. "Silly things kept happening. On the sidelines, we were still believing. We wanted it, and they believed in me for more than 60 minutes."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311023015
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,798
Default

The game is damn near over and there have only been 14 attempted passes (15 counting the one eliminated by penalty).

Even with the sacks included that's only 21 attempts.

W. T. F.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,476
Default

yeah, i was counting that too. by my count, there were 8 passing plays by the Broncos in the first half. yet somehow, the know-it-alls who don't like Tebow are convinced that Tebow was awful in the first half of the game. based on 8 passing plays. this is just a dumb argument to make. the game was ugly. i don't dispute that. but the gameplan was to run, run, run, and maybe occasionally pass. it was ugly because that gameplan resulted in 8 punts, 1 fumble, and 2 missed FGs until the final 2:45 of the game.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Good to hear. That was always Cutler's biggest flaw as a player: an inability to see his own failures. It was always someone else's fault. As for Orton, meh, I don't really care anymore...
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Its mighty big of tebow to accept full responsibility.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
yeah, i was counting that too. by my count, there were 8 passing plays by the Broncos in the first half. yet somehow, the know-it-alls who don't like Tebow are convinced that Tebow was awful in the first half of the game. based on 8 passing plays. this is just a dumb argument to make. the game was ugly. i don't dispute that. but the gameplan was to run, run, run, and maybe occasionally pass. it was ugly because that gameplan resulted in 8 punts, 1 fumble, and 2 missed FGs until the final 2:45 of the game.
The third quarter was the quarter where Tebow just plain sucked as far as I'm concerned.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I don't see how he could have viewed it any other way.

Every phase of the game seemed to be working except the QB.

Sure, the receivers might need to get more open (I don't know), but Tebow still needs to make a read and get it out of there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I don't see how he could have viewed it any other way.

Every phase of the game seemed to be working except the QB.

Sure, the receivers might need to get more open (I don't know), but Tebow still needs to make a read and get it out of there.
Which is why the lack of passing was so infuriating. How is he supposed to get better if we don't even try?
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

It's really crappy for Tebow's coaches to put him in a position to take all the blame..

If you are going to make Tebow starting Qb then use him as a QB.. if not it's just a joke and an insult. And it is doomed to fail anyway.

Why didn't they use this same game plan with orton? Couldn't he just hand the ball off every play and expect everyone else to win the game?

That was how the Broncos became 1-4 in the first place..


When they let Tebow actually play QB the team does well.. how hard is that to see?

Why don't we ever see the coaches taking responsibility?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #10
smoke4815162342
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Orton took credit for when he played bad. Remember the videos of McDaniels on the sideline going over plays telling him to stop saying my bad and to just start playing better? Orton was aware of it, Cutler never was.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #11
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,329

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

View Post 10-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Remove user from ignore list
MacGruder
This message is hidden because MacGruder is on your ignore list.


Is this where MacGruder states that he was actually perfect and those receivers and OLine was at fault and he is just covering for those guys since he is all world nice guy? Having him on iggy is a blessing of a choice you can make at the Mane.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #12
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I don't see how he could have viewed it any other way.

Every phase of the game seemed to be working except the QB.

Sure, the receivers might need to get more open (I don't know), but Tebow still needs to make a read and get it out of there.
This has to be spin Jay...

Tebow looked terrible because they did nothing to take pressure off him...

If they coached Cam like this he would have looked terrible too.

It's counter intuitive but by not letting a young QB throw you hurt him more than help him.. why do you think Tebow looked so much better when they let him play aggressively?

It's playing not to lose rather than playing to win..

Last edited by MacGruder; 10-23-2011 at 04:05 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:53 PM   #13
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
Which is why the lack of passing was so infuriating. How is he supposed to get better if we don't even try?
Bingo
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:53 PM   #14
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I don't see how he could have viewed it any other way.

Every phase of the game seemed to be working except the QB.

Sure, the receivers might need to get more open (I don't know), but Tebow still needs to make a read and get it out of there.
Pass protection was not working either. But otherwise I agree.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #15
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
This has to be spin Jay...

Tebow looked terrible because they did nothing to take pressure off him...

If they coached Cam like this he would have looked terrible too.

It's counter intuitive by by not letting a young QB throw you hurt him more than help him.. why do you think Tebow looked so much better when they let him play aggressively?

It's playing not to lose rather than playing to win..
don't Macgruder this thread, mmkay?

this thread is about a young QB who is mature beyond his years and is willing to tell the media that it's his fault that they were down 15-0 late in the game. alot of QBs would suddenly speak generically of "the team" not making plays in that situation. Tebow says "I" wasn't getting it done. i like to see this in a young QB because that's somebody who won't throw his teammates under the bus. his teammates will see that too. that's how leadership shows itself.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #16
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,652
Default

Tebow made plenty of mistakes. As did the rest of the team and when it was do or die time, they (the Team) came up with enough big plays to win it.

Yes, Tebow has plenty to work on. Yes, the rest of the team has plenty to work on.

It was a lot of things but it wasn't boring nor the same ol' same 'ol predictable outcome.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #17
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Jesus Christ.

MacGruder is actually saying it wasn't Tebow's fault at all? No wonder I have him on ignore...
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #18
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke4815162342 View Post
Orton took credit for when he played bad. Remember the videos of McDaniels on the sideline going over plays telling him to stop saying my bad and to just start playing better? Orton was aware of it, Cutler never was.
ok, i'll take your word on it. i don't recall anything from Orton other than cliches in postgame interviews. but if he took the blame when he pooped his pants out there, then good for him.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #19
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Jesus Christ.

MacGruder is actually saying it wasn't Tebow's fault at all? No wonder I have him on ignore...

Did you expect anything less?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #20
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Tebow still needs a lot of work and he knows it. That wide open Decker TD miss was brutal. So was the Moreno miss.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #21
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
don't Macgruder this thread, mmkay?

this thread is about a young QB who is mature beyond his years and is willing to tell the media that it's his fault that they were down 15-0 late in the game. alot of QBs would suddenly speak generically of "the team" not making plays in that situation. Tebow says "I" wasn't getting it done. i like to see this in a young QB because that's somebody who won't throw his teammates under the bus. his teammates will see that too. that's how leadership shows itself.
That would be fine and dandy if it was actually Tebow's fault..

By having Tebow take responsibility for something that wasn't his fault you do more harm than good.. that's not accountability.. Tebow is taking blame because he is a rookie QB.. so I guess it has to be considered his fault right?

Put ANY QB in that situation they are going to look bad.. and I doubt the run game would have looked that good without a Tebow as well.. so an other QB would have looked worse.

Last edited by MacGruder; 10-23-2011 at 04:03 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #22
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
Tebow made plenty of mistakes. As did the rest of the team and when it was do or die time, they (the Team) came up with enough big plays to win it.

Yes, Tebow has plenty to work on. Yes, the rest of the team has plenty to work on.

It was a lot of things but it wasn't boring nor the same ol' same 'ol predictable outcome.
Agreded, those that want Tebow to fail for idiotic reasons criticize him for not being as finished product. Orton is as good as he will get, yet I guess they want more of him out there. I don't think the Broncos win this game if Orton plays since I would expect a pick or 2 thrown by him forcing it on some of those blitzes that he would not be able to get away from.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #23
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Jesus Christ.

MacGruder is actually saying it wasn't Tebow's fault at all? No wonder I have him on ignore...
When they let Tebow play he played well..

What more goddamn evidence do you need?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #24
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Tebow still needs a lot of work and he knows it. That wide open Decker TD miss was brutal. So was the Moreno miss.
The Decker pass really surprised me honestly. For all Tebow's struggles he's been pretty good at hitting open receivers deep, and it was always a strength for him in college. When I saw that, it really became clear to me that Tebow was way off his game.

The Moreno pass was odd. Looked like he tried to lob it to him instead of throwing it properly to me. I'm thinking Tebow really doesn't know how to throw a touch pass after that play.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #25
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
When they let Tebow play he played well..

What more goddamn evidence do you need?
you make people who agree with you want to change their opinions just so they are not associated with you. that's not a good thing.

sometimes. just sometimes. it's ok to read posts you agree with without chiming in with 50 posts to confirm that you agree.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Denver Broncos