The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
BlueandOrange32

Default Tebow trend

In 3 of his 4 games he has looked bad in the first half. Remember against the Texans he looked horrible in the first half and in the second half does his magic thing. Against the Chargers last year in the first half he looked bad. At the end of the game last year, they were in it and threw a Hail Mary pass and almost came away with it.

In the game 2 weeks ago he looked like crap when he first came in. He then starts to do his thing and created magic.

Now today. We can say that it was Miami or Texas. Well, the Chargers last year was the number 1 defense and similar things happened.

What we do know is we have all seen this before. It was for 10 seasons with Reeves. Let me put it that way. Look at Elways stats during that time. Not very good.

I will be interested to see how Hoge will now not credit him for the win this week. remember his comment 2 weeks ago? He said the bottom line is Tebow didnt win it. He said he didnt care about the hoot hoot and rah rahs. He said they didnt win.

I wonder if there is a chance he will be consistent with that point of view.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
MacGruder

It's no coincidence.. the coaches always try to play without Tebow.. handcuff him half the game.. then when the game is out of hand they let him play and he has to comeback. They did the same thing to Orton too.. But Orton only has 1 gear so he could never catch up when behind..

It's playing to NOT lose not playing to win. And it makes the opponent play better.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
BlueandOrange32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
It's no coincidence.. the coaches always try to play without Tebow.. handcuff him half the game.. then when the game is out of hand they let him play and he has to comeback. They did the same thing to Orton too.. But Orton only has 1 gear so he could never catch up when behind..

It's playing to NOT lose not playing to win. And it makes the opponent play better.
To be fair to McCoy though, Tebow does look like crap. He missed a lot of wide open WRs. He looks like one of the worst QBs I have ever seen at times.

I mean that is not on McCoy. I will also say this. McCoy has created an effective running game. It is effective, regardless of what we say. I know the Dolphins defense is bad. Well they ran the ball last week as well.

If Tebow can play withthe urgency from the start, it could become special. I dont like the trend, but lets get real. Let us compare Tebow first 4 starts with any QB. Not bad.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

2 words: Mike McCoy

Remember the Shanahan offense? If only ........

We fans are too spoiled. I wish if we had the Shanahan offense right now, with Tebow running the show.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #5
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandOrange32 View Post
To be fair to McCoy though, Tebow does look like crap. He missed a lot of wide open WRs. He looks like one of the worst QBs I have ever seen at times.
If that was true then he would play bad all game.. he plays better when they let him play Period. Trying to rely on a terrible run game just hurts Tebow.. it doesn't help him at all.

Quote:
I mean that is not on McCoy. I will also say this. McCoy has created an effective running game. It is effective, regardless of what we say. I know the Dolphins defense is bad. Well they ran the ball last week as well.
If the run game is so effective then why do they need Tebow to bail the run game out?

And the offensive line was terrible.. that is because they rely on the run game too much and it doesn't pay off.

Quote:
If Tebow can play with the urgency from the start, it could become special. I dont like the trend, but lets get real. Let us compare Tebow first 4 starts with any QB. Not bad.
I think the mistake you are making is buying into the run offense.. it's fools gold. and playing so conservatlve just hurts your offense.. if it was successful everyone would be doing it. Playing so conservatively DOES help your defense though.. that seems to be all Fox is worried about.. is protecting the D even at the expense of the offense. You get what you deserve.. playing to conservative is not how you win in the NFL today. opposing defenses eat it up. Orton would have gotten KILLED with that gameplan.

If playing this style is successful then why didn't they do it with Orton? It makes no sense..
Old 10-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
2 words: Mike McCoy

Remember the Shanahan offense? If only ........

We fans are too spoiled. I wish if we had the Shanahan offense right now, with Tebow running the show.

Shanahan would realize with a young player at QB that the best thing is to create movement in the offense and cut his reads in half. As the player improves, you open up more of the playbook and eventually can run everything you want to run.

The offense now is built for a QB with Orton's skillset. Square peg, round hole. McCoy will have to settle Tebow down early and give him easy completions to get things rolling rather than putting in long developing plays that take forever to set up. Adding bootlegs (like on the TD pass to Fells) makes the Broncos offense harder to defend.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandOrange32 View Post

If Tebow can play withthe urgency from the start, it could become special. I dont like the trend, but lets get real. Let us compare Tebow first 4 starts with any QB. Not bad.
Tebow's early struggles are not all on McCoy, but McCoy certainly doesn't help. Tebow is an instinctual player that does best once he gets in the flow, at least right now. McCoy's gameplans simply don't help him get into that flow. They hinder it if anything. Passing only on 3rd down or only half a dozen times in the first half doesn't help a QB get comfortable. It does the opposite in fact.