The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Can we beat the Dolphins? Do they want to lose?

The Dolphins are one of those teams that always give us trouble. It seems no matter how bad they are and how bad we are, they find ways to beat us. I remember going back to my youth they always frustrated me. I thought it was Marino then, but it has continued long after Elway and Marino retired. Our record going east isn't so hot either.

Denver is 4-11-1 against the Dolphins all time. Even in '98 they managed to beat us. The beat us handily in '05, and were the only team to beat us by a margin greater than seven points (that was the game where it was 120 degrees on the field and the field itself had the hardness of concrete.)

So I ask the Mane: Can we win. As terrible as the Dolphins are, we aren't really any better. Statistically they are better than we are. They have played better teams than we have and we will be playing in Miami.

Granted they are 1-11 at home going back to last year. So winning in Miami might not be so bad. They also are starting Moore at QB and are hyping Tebow starting as a way to sell tickets which means there will be several fans in the audience cheering for the Broncos (on offense anyway). We will be getting all our starters back for the game as well and coming off the bye.

Also, it is rumored that the Dolphins front office and certainly their fans, are hoping to have a shot at Andrew Luck. So they may want to mail this one in as a win against us immediately gives them the tie breaker should our records be equal at the end of the year and that means they pick after us. provided neither team wins another game.

Still, no matter how much it makes sense on paper, it seems the Dolphins find ways to beat us and we seem to have trouble showing up with our A game in Miami. Not sure as bad as we are we can pull this off.

Thoughts?

Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
ppablo

We got this!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #3
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

I wonder if Mike Nolan has a burr under his saddle for Denver-things could get nasty-
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #4
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

I think the biggest factor in most of our recent problems with Miami are a result of traveling East and playing the early game. I don't know why that has such a big effect on this team but it is a factor. That game in '05 should have been a walk for us but we came out and **** the bed. I think we can win this game and I want us to win this game.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #5
BroncsCheer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronclvr View Post
I wonder if Mike Nolan has a burr under his saddle for Denver-things could get nasty-
Nolan's beef is with McD.

Broncos 31
Fins 13
Old 10-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #6
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronclvr View Post
so, he will all of the sudden get them to NOT suck?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #7
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

They're a wierd team. I look at their roster, and they really do have some talent. I haven't seen any of their games, but Matt Moore? Orton really would have been an upgrade there. Henne wasn't playing that bad, but he's not any better than Orton and probably worse.

If Den can't beat them, it won't be a good sign.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #8
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Who do we have?

An aging Champ. Young, inconsistent Oline. Backup DTs. No clear number one WR. TE??

This team is one giant question mark.

But we got Tebow
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #9
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

FYI looking at the injury report, Bush and Marshall had full practices so they will play. Not a good sign for our linebackers or corners.

Also, McGahee wasn't on the injury report and then on Thursday he showed up with limited practice and "back" was listed as the injury. That's not good if he messed up his back in practice. Orange Julius has been limited so even if he plays, his role will be minimal. Same with Demaryius.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #10
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
FYI looking at the injury report, Bush and Marshall had full practices so they will play. Not a good sign for our linebackers or corners.

Also, McGahee wasn't on the injury report and then on Thursday he showed up with limited practice and "back" was listed as the injury. That's not good if he messed up his back in practice. Orange Julius has been limited so even if he plays, his role will be minimal. Same with Demaryius.
Watch him go off on us.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #11
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

I think three of their front seven would start for Denver. But Fox has the defense playing better than I thought they would.

I just have no idea at all about what Tebow will, or won't, do.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #12
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer

I think that the addition of the image of the cheerleader makes this a winning thread.

Seriously though, all the history and humidity carp is just that...crap. What this game comes down to is how does Tebow play? Does he elevate the entire team or does he make dumb mistakes? This game will not make or break his career and neither do I think that it will vastly change how this team performs down the stretch.

I will be looking for week to week improvement by both Tebow and the team.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #13
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

If I could have one night with that cheerleader I would be the happiest man on earth. I mean, hot female + Broncos cheerleader? Honestly, I'd probably last just a couple of seconds, but alas I digress...

I firmly believe we will win this game. Personally, I'm really rooting for Tebow - I'd love for him to put the critics in their place. Although, I will say that I am starting to have some shaky feelings about him, but we shall see.

Overall, I just hope its a fun and excitig game. One similar to the end of the SD game where it felt good to be a Broncos fan again.

Go Broncos!

Ok, I'm ready to begin thinking about cheerleader possibilities again.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #14
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
I think that the addition of the image of the cheerleader makes this a winning thread.

Seriously though, all the history and humidity carp is just that...crap.

Also, Humidity Carp:

Old 10-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #15
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Forget the humidity. Eat three of these, and you're done for the day.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #16
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

They don't want to lose.

Sparano's job is damn near forfeit at this point and with regime changes comes massive turnover.

If the coaches and players on Miami want to lose, they're even slower than most coaches/players.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #17
DENVERDUI55

I think we should punt on 3rd down and call bunch of running plays that we struggle to do. We want to be right in the front of the Luck race.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:17 AM   #18
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
They're a wierd team. I look at their roster, and they really do have some talent. I haven't seen any of their games, but Matt Moore? Orton really would have been an upgrade there. Henne wasn't playing that bad, but he's not any better than Orton and probably worse.

If Den can't beat them, it won't be a good sign.
I disagree with you there. The way Hene was playing this year was better than what Orton could have done.
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #19
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
They don't want to lose.

Sparano's job is damn near forfeit at this point and with regime changes comes massive turnover.

If the coaches and players on Miami want to lose, they're even slower than most coaches/players.
Exactly. Everyone in this league is always playing/coaching/GMing for their job. No one is throwing games. This theory is just stupid.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #20
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Watch him go off on us.
Bush has been horrible this year, granted he isn't being used right. The one to watch out for is Daniel Thomas. He should be healthy this week and looks like a decent back.
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #21
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If it helps, weather has been real nice the last couple days. If it keeps up, the heat shouldn't kill this time.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #22
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
If it helps, weather has been real nice the last couple days. If it keeps up, the heat shouldn't kill this time.
Late October in Miami > Early September in Miami.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #23
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
Bush has been horrible this year, granted he isn't being used right. The one to watch out for is Daniel Thomas. He should be healthy this week and looks like a decent back.
I'm just referring to our strange ability to bring out the best in offensive players.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #24
TonyR
Franchise Poster

FWIW, per Sagarin the Broncos are ranked 23rd with the 4th most difficult schedule, the Dolphins are ranked 26th with the 2nd most difficult schedule. So the teams are fairly even based on this objective, though flawed, measure. Tough call but I think we pull it out because of the "Tebow factor". One thing that troubles me is that Miami isn't an 0-16 bad team so they're going to win some games. This is clearly one of their more winnable contests.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl11.htm

(why are the Jets so high? and look how overrated Washington is/was...)
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #25
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
FWIW, per Sagarin the Broncos are ranked 23rd with the 4th most difficult schedule, the Dolphins are ranked 26th with the 2nd most difficult schedule. So the teams are fairly even based on this objective, though flawed, measure. Tough call but I think we pull it out because of the "Tebow factor". One thing that troubles me is that Miami isn't an 0-16 bad team so they're going to win some games. This is clearly one of their more winnable contests.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl11.htm

(why are the Jets so high? and look how overrated Washington is/was...)
Because 5-6 games in, it means next to nothing.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote