The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer
 
BigPlayShay's Avatar
 
Novaking

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,473

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut
Default Nate Jackson has a raging Tebowner

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19139125
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,967

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Nate's making a solid second career. Probably saved well too. Chill and write on his own time. Pretty baller.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Orton fans should not read this.

Also, Nate Jackson played 41 games? How many of those did he finished injured? Half?
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,476
Default

Quote:
Every analyst that has defiled Tebow's name on television is self-serving. He was a Heisman Trophy winner and two-time national champ at Florida, but he can't play because why? Because ESPN's Merril Hoge said so?

Most of the former players we see talking about football on television are too heavily invested in their own egos to provide anything resembling real insight. The truth is, nobody knows how good Tim Tebow will be. Not even Tim. Not even God. But God knows, we're all looking forward to finding out.
anybody want to make a quick buck? make up some funny t-shirts with Merril Hoge as the punchline and you'll sell alot to Broncos fans for the rest of the season. Tebow is about to expose him for the fool he is.

Last edited by Gort; 10-18-2011 at 11:58 AM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS
 
dbfan21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wichita
Posts: 2,179

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

This is actually very well written. Many truths and possibilities to ruminate over. Nice work, Jack Nasty!
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

I rarely like anything he does, but this is a great piece. Spot on.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post
Orton fans should not read this.

Also, Nate Jackson played 41 games? How many of those did he finished injured? Half?
based on his stint in the NFL, Nate may be more qualified for a second career as a male nurse than a writer, but this article was mostly on the mark.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #8
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,782
Default

not only does he light up Kyle Orton(in a sense), he slobbers over Tebow & makes a curse of Jake Plummer reference. oh, he's good.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #9
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Actually, he doesn't really fully endorse Tebow. He is just showing some ordinary sanity that is given to the vast majority of incoming QBs. "Let's see what he can do first, people."
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #10
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
TD4HOF's Avatar
 
He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sonoran Desert
Posts: 921

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy
Default

I remember the first time I saw a link saying Nate Jackson had written something. I went, huh? Why? Really?
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

This guy can write.. he beautifully articulated to perfection things I have been trying to say for like 4 years.. lol Bastard. hahah
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #12
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

But wait, I though Fox wanted Tebow to fail......
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #13
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
But wait, I though Fox wanted Tebow to fail......
That was actually the one part of the article I didn't agree with.. and I get the sense Nate was trying to make Fox believe he wants Tebow to succeed and is the kind of coach who can adapt to Tebow -- it's psychology.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #14
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I've always liked Jackson's writing. He tells it like it is and is pretty clever about it.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #15
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
That was actually the one part of the article I didn't agree with.. and I get the sense Nate was trying to make Fox believe he wants Tebow to succeed and is the kind of coach who can adapt to Tebow -- it's psychology.
So he thinks Fox is going to read this article and be influenced by it?

I have no words...
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #16
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,311

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
That was actually the one part of the article I didn't agree with.. and I get the sense Nate was trying to make Fox believe he wants Tebow to succeed and is the kind of coach who can adapt to Tebow -- it's psychology.
lololololololololololololololololololololollololol olololololololololol

John Fox is now Nate Jackson's OPED puppet.

lololololololololololololololololololololol

You have never met a conspiracy you didn't like.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #17
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
So he thinks Fox is going to read this article and be influenced by it?

I have no words...
Yeah... people don't write things assuming they won't get read.. wtf would be the point of that?

I have no words.. lol

I am not saying it will get read.. but you don't write something assuming it won't be.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #18
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
lololololololololololololololololololololollololol olololololololololol

John Fox is now Nate Jackson's OPED puppet.

lololololololololololololololololololololol

You have never met a conspiracy you didn't like.
Do you have any other reasoning for how he could get that part so wrong?

You should have figured that out the instant you read it...

The other part that makes it plausible is that Fox is dumb enough to eat it up. If he is dumb enough to buy Orton's fool's gold he's dumb enough to buy this.. especially to save face after the Orton fiasco.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:39 PM   #19
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
This guy can write.. he beautifully articulated to perfection things I have been trying to say for like 4 years.. lol Bastard. hahah

Hmm...


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #20
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Xanders: Coach Fox, I've got the latest issue of the Denver Post!

Fox: Thanks, Brian. You can set the pizza over on the table. Now let's see what they have to say about me in this article.

*reads article*

Fox: Hmmm, Nate Jackson says I'm a defensive coach and I shouldn't have problems switching quarterbacks. Yes! Yes! Brilliant! How could I have ever though about this without reading the Denver Post?!
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #21
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,311

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Xanders: Coach Fox, I've got the latest issue of the Denver Post!

Fox: Thanks, Brian. You can set the pizza over on the table. Now let's see what they have to say about me in this article.

*reads article*

Fox: Hmmm, Nate Jackson says I'm a defensive coach and I shouldn't have problems switching quarterbacks. Yes! Yes! Brilliant! How could I have ever though about this without reading the Denver Post?!
Well at least now we know that if Tebow is successful as a Bronco, we all have Nate Jackson to thank.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #22
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Xanders: Coach Fox, I've got the latest issue of the Denver Post!

Fox: Thanks, Brian. You can set the pizza over on the table. Now let's see what they have to say about me in this article.

*reads article*

Fox: Hmmm, Nate Jackson says I'm a defensive coach and I shouldn't have problems switching quarterbacks. Yes! Yes! Brilliant! How could I have ever though about this without reading the Denver Post?!
You are forgetting the alternative though.. the alternative is Nate writes the truth.. and rips Fox and points out how the Panthers offense looks like world beaters without him.. and how he made Orotn look 10 times worse than McD.

That kind of news WOULD get to Fox one way or another.. and that would damage Tebow's chances of becoming a starting QB even more because Fox would view the whole Tebow thing even more negatively..

Bottom line is.. you aren't smart.. the writer is much smarter than you.. that is a no-brainer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #23
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Well at least now we know that if Tebow is successful as a Bronco, we all have Nate Jackson to thank.
It certainly won't be because of people like you and most others on these message boards.. spending more time posting pictures and jacking Nckbeard and Elway .. lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #24
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,311

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
You are forgetting the alternative though.. the alternative is Nate writes the truth.. and rips Fox and points out how the Panthers offense looks like world beaters without him.. and how he made Orotn look 10 times worse than McD.

That kind of news WOULD get to Fox one way or another.. and that would damage Tebow's chances of becoming a starting QB even more because Fox would view the whole Tebow thing even more negatively..

Bottom line is.. you aren't smart.. the writer is much smarter than you.. that is a no-brainer.
I'm surprised you know how to turn on a computer.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #25
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I'm surprised you know how to turn on a computer.
I'm not surprised by the Broncos ineptitude with fans like yourself... The NFL as a whole falls into this category.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Denver Broncos