The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
smoke4815162342

Default How is Lloyd a locker room cancer?

Anyone care to explain and provide any evidence of how rumor this came to be?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Lloyd has been a cancer on every team he's been on. I'm sure information on this will leak over time.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke4815162342 View Post
Anyone care to explain and provide any evidence of how rumor this came to be?
Can you provide any evidence of this rumor
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Lloyd has been a cancer on every team he's been on. I'm sure information on this will leak over time.
Yep. Not that I give a ****, but it's an easy card to play given B Lloyd's past.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

His first team

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...r-queries.html

His next team

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101079_pf.html

"What I saw is that he's not coachable," the teammate said. "He would go off on [wide receivers coach] Stan Hixon all the time and say, 'Bro, that's not how it's done!' right to his face. And we would kind of laugh, like not because it was really funny, but it was funny in that uncomfortable sense of, 'I can't believe he just said that.' "

As the season progressed, the Redskins began to realize critical, disturbing elements about Lloyd's game: He could make dynamic catches but was not a particularly complete receiver. Lloyd basically ran three routes: the sideline go route, a short slant -- where he was more inclined to drop to the turf instead of turning a short pass play into a big gain -- and the outside curl. He was not comfortable going over the middle, even though a player of his speed could exploit the seams of a defense.

"From the wrists to the fingertips, Brandon is the most gifted wide receiver I've ever seen," Saunders often told his offensive coaches. Like Ladell Betts, Saunders remembered Lloyd from high school in Kansas City.

The rest of the Lloyd package, however, was far from complete. Saunders believed Lloyd to be a legitimate top receiver. He ran routes crisply. He did the dirty work as professionally as the spectacular. At least one coach disagreed, saying Lloyd's problems were more with the plays Saunders called for him.

But not Lloyd. He remained unproductive and ultimately clashed with Gibbs, who benched him after Lloyd threw his helmet in a Dec. 3 game against Atlanta. Perhaps hastened by the incident, but certainly because of his limited route running, Lloyd began losing time at the second receiver spot to Randle El. By mid-December, Lloyd had fallen to the No. 3 receiver

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...costly-mistake
Lloyd wasn’t exactly a locker room cancer. Being a cancer actually requires some effort, some work on the part of the perpetrator. Brand Lloyd just kind of cruised along at about three-quarters speed both on and off the field.
----
When he was a "late scratch" and Elway said he was surprised Lloyd couldn't go, I thought it was deja vu all over again. But, my guess is that with Tebow gonna start the rest of the season, there isn't going to be any "me-ness" tolerated.

Last edited by bendog; 10-17-2011 at 01:33 PM..
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
MacGruder

It's possible they are using this season as a kind of prep for next season.. in that event relying on Lloyd, who is likely to leave for money, would be a waste and jeopardize the next season because they would have to start over again.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #7
MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo

oh right, let's bash him now and talk as if he's been a problem for this team in his tenure here. HE only led the league in receiving yards last year. We can love him when he worked his way from the practice squad to a top nfl wr, and his spectacular catches.

But now he's gone, let's just talk ****.

So, what's new with you Denver fans?
Old 10-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I haven't heard one bad thing about him while he was here. There some stuff with the 9ers and Redskins, but that was years ago
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #9
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Ted Sudiquest basically stated that there were issues that were not public - that there was some blowout a few months ago with coaches. Plus his "get me the ball more" in the media.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #10
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by command like a KING View Post
oh right, let's bash him now and talk as if he's been a problem for this team in his tenure here. HE only led the league in receiving yards last year. We can love him when he worked his way from the practice squad to a top nfl wr, and his spectacular catches.

But now he's gone, let's just talk ****.

So, what's new with you Denver fans?
His history is one promising season followed by .... a-hole. If you think guys change, I'm happy for your optimism
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #11
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
And this brings up a big question for me. If this is true, why didn't we move him before the season started? We almost certainly would've gotten far more for him then.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #12
DrFate
Lord of Order

It's clear he was in the dog house and this was a 'motivated seller'. Maybe one day someone will write a book and we'll get the details...
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
His history is one promising season followed by .... a-hole. If you think guys change, I'm happy for your optimism
Has he done anything wrong since he was here? Has he gotten into any legal or off field trouble?

Every single damn locker room has guys that are easier to manage than others...

However, to sit here and just speculate that he's been a cancer to this team is just a typical Denver fan move, especially when he's played his heart out and made ENDLESS highlight plays.

He's worked his ass off, and this is how Denver fans react.

YOu people are pathetic. You think when Randy Moss was in NE, fans were mad at him for his past history of being a cancer? Or was it more of BB's job to keep him in check?
Old 10-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #14
ol#7

Wow, so a WR is an A-hole for demanding the ball more. Glad we dodged that bullet...
Old 10-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #15

There are issues with players on EVERY SINGLE TEAM in the NFL...

I swear, it's like some of you people have been watching the NFL for how many years now yet you still come across as if you guys just started following the sport as a kindergarden teacher.

It really leads me to believe that 99% of posters here have never ever been a part of athletics in their time in school.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #16
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Ted Sudiquest basically stated that there were issues that were not public - that there was some blowout a few months ago with coaches. Plus his "get me the ball more" in the media.
I didn't think that was all that big of a deal.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
Wow, so a WR is an A-hole for demanding the ball more. Glad we dodged that bullet...
Exactly. Andre Johnson, the most humble WR in the world, would ****in demand the ball more if he wasn't getting thrown too.

But thats different, they actually have a stable organization on the offensive side of the ball.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #18
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Hated him as a 49'er . Wasn't a fan of him with us but he was ours so what do you do but I never liked the guy .Don't see it as a big loss really. Wr's are becoming a dime a dozen like hbs. Check out the top 20 wrs in the league. Not many are 1st round picks.

So o well.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #19
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

I don't think there is anything glaring, but I got the feeling he was going to be more of an issue as the losses piled up especially with his boy Orton not starting. I don't think that Loyd has any respect for Tebow (right or wrong) and that would have been an issue. Better to get a 5th (hopefully) for him now I think? I would have liked to have seen more in return, but it is ok he is gone. Its not like he was great this year anyhow. Dude had one good year, its not like we traded the GOAT.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I always enjoyed Lloyd's play on the field, loved those crazy ass catches he could make, and have no ****ing idea what's going on now.

There. Honesty.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #21
TheDave
Sauced...

I have no idea... He has been a problem elsewhere, maybe it's just more of the same.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #22
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by command like a KING View Post
Has he done anything wrong since he was here? Has he gotten into any legal or off field trouble?

Every single damn locker room has guys that are easier to manage than others...

However, to sit here and just speculate that he's been a cancer to this team is just a typical Denver fan move, especially when he's played his heart out and made ENDLESS highlight plays.

He's worked his ass off, and this is how Denver fans react.

YOu people are pathetic. You think when Randy Moss was in NE, fans were mad at him for his past history of being a cancer? Or was it more of BB's job to keep him in check?
Different tangent...but why is it an adult's job to babysit other adults?

I also think its funny that people are treating Lloyd like a megastar. Lets be honest about him as a player and then move on from there. He's gone. Miami is coming up.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #23
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
And this brings up a big question for me. If this is true, why didn't we move him before the season started? We almost certainly would've gotten far more for him then.
I think not everyone (EFX) was convinced we were going to be as bad as we are. They probably saw Lloyd as a intergal part to a respectable 8-8 or 9-7.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #24
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

/is not in the locker room

//could not tell you what happened inside the locker room

///does not know "how Lloyd is a locker room cancer"

////happy to help
Old 10-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #25
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I haven't heard one bad thing about him while he was here. There some stuff with the 9ers and Redskins, but that was years ago
Add Chicago to the list.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote