The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Default 2012 Draft

I'm looking ahead already to the 2012 draft, and I think people are going to be pissed when we draft an offensive player as a lot of people will be clamoring for defensive help.
Yes, defensive help is needed, but we'll be in prime position to take either Blackmon/Jeffery/Richardson IMO.
I'm also starting to feel Landry Jones and Matt Barkley will stay for their senior seasons making this QB class weak.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Can you elaborate on "Blackmon/Jeffery/Richardson"? I rarely watch college (that's a lot of couch time).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I'm looking ahead already to the 2012 draft, and I think people are going to be pissed when we draft an offensive player as a lot of people will be clamoring for defensive help.
Yes, defensive help is needed, but we'll be in prime position to take either Blackmon/Jeffery/Richardson IMO.
I'm also starting to feel Landry Jones and Matt Barkley will stay for their senior seasons making this QB class weak.
Another draft without a DT in the 1st or 2nd round will be a fail of massively epic proportions. Period.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #4
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Can you elaborate on "Blackmon/Jeffery/Richardson"? I rarely watch college (that's a lot of couch time).
Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma State.
Last year caught 111 passes for 1700+ yards and 20 TD's. To me, somewhat similar to Dez Bryant minus a lot of the character.
Alshon Jeffery, WR South Carolina
6'4", 220+ pound WR with excellent hands and good speed. Made a great catch at the end of the game this past weekend to win it for South Carolina.
Trent Richardson, RB Alabama.
Already has 900+ yards and 15 TD's this year. Was overshadowed by Mark Ingram previous years, but IMO is way better. Has speed, power and agility. This is the guy I want really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Another draft without a DT in the 1st or 2nd round will be a fail of massively epic proportions. Period.
No DT is worth a top 15 pick, especially with Jared Crick of Nebraska getting a season ending injury. This is why I think people will get pissy when we don't draft a DT when there is none available.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
No DT is worth a top 15 pick, especially with Jared Crick of Nebraska getting a season ending injury. This is why I think people will get pissy when we don't draft a DT when there is none available.
Thus why I said 1st or 2nd round. There will be some DTs in that range that would help us, even if we need to do some trading to make it happen. I'll say it again. Not drafting a DT in the 1st or 2nd round = epic fail by EFX.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I will only consider Richardson a top 10 pick if he has 4.30 speed, and I honestly doubt that.

As for drafting WR, no, we simply can not use picks on WR when it is the only position of depth we have on the team.

There is one or two DTs in the draft who may be interesting, but no CBs who have yet to display consistent top 10 value - I hope we go with one of those positions if not QB.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #7
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

I can see it being Richardson, Fox loves for 2 backs to split carries and WM is only a stopgap.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #8
HooptyHoops
We need a DE

C'mon D

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

A starting CB is on my list....I don't watch college football, but in this passing league, you NEED corners! And we are way old in the position!
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #9
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I can see it being Richardson, Fox loves for 2 backs to split carries and WM is only a stopgap.
If we end up with a pick near the bottom of the top 10 I tend to agree. I wouldn't hate it. The guy is a pretty stellar back with a nice combination of speed and power.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #10
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

We need offensive help equally to D help now. We need better talent that produces across the board.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #11
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I will only consider Richardson a top 10 pick if he has 4.30 speed, and I honestly doubt that.
A guy with Trent Richardson's size and power doesn't need that kind of speed to be a top 10 pick come on now. Right around 4.4 to 4.45 is all it will take.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #12
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooptyHoops View Post
A starting CB is on my list....I don't watch college football, but in this passing league, you NEED corners! And we are way old in the position!
Our defensive needs go like this in my eyes:

1) DT
2) MLB
3) CB
4) SS

That said, they're all pretty big needs.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #13
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
If we end up with a pick near the bottom of the top 10 I tend to agree. I wouldn't hate it. The guy is a pretty stellar back with a nice combination of speed and power.
Yep
Old 10-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #14
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

If we have another draft like this past one that nets three instant starters and several more instant contributors then I don't give a **** what position they play. As long as they are on the field and doing well we'll eventually get this ship turned around.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #15
HooptyHoops
We need a DE

C'mon D

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
If we have another draft like this past one that nets three instant starters and several more instant contributors then I don't give a **** what position they play. As long as they are on the field and doing well we'll eventually get this ship turned around.
I totally agree! Just do it!!
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #16
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Our defensive needs go like this in my eyes:

1) DT
2) MLB
3) CB
4) SS

That said, they're all pretty big needs.
I agree on the positions. I'd switch 2 and 3 if you draft in top 10
Old 10-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #17
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Seems like a heavy O year in top 10 so far but, not sure.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #18
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

all he needs is 4.45-4.55 speed to be a top 15 pick. he has strength, power, keeps his pad level low, runs in a pro style offense & can take it 25-35 times a game.
Quote:

As for drafting WR, no, we simply can not use picks on WR when it is the only position of depth we have on the team.

There is one or two DTs in the draft who may be interesting, but no CBs who have yet to display consistent top 10 value - I hope we go with one of those positions if not QB.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #19
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
A guy with Trent Richardson's size and power doesn't need that kind of speed to be a top 10 pick come on now. Right around 4.4 to 4.45 is all it will take.
I would never ever draft a guy who can't run a 4.30 in the top 10. There is a reason Chris Johnson, Darren Mcfadden and Adrian Peterson are so good, it is speed. The slower a RB is the more he relies on having a great line in front of him and we do not have a great line.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #20
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

If the scouting staff has done their due diligence as they try to act, they would know that drafting a back in this class would be absolutely stupid when next years class has all-world potential. It sucks that Lattimore tore up his knee. . .
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #21
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

We just got rid of Lloyd. We absolutely need offensive help. I'd be down with Justin Blackmon...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #22
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

If Tebow manages to prove himself to the front office, I could very easily see a scenario where we draft an OT like Matt Kalil, Jonathan Martin, or Riley Reiff to use at Right Tackle on Tebow's blindside. We could then move Franklin to LG and make Beadles a super reserve. That would drastically shore up our O-line issues, leaving only some competition at OC to be found, and maybe Beadles could even provide that.

To me, that would make a lot more sense than drafting a WR, RB, or DE. Of course, I would likely still go CB since I really like Kirkpatrick, Claibrone, and Gilmore, but I could see the wisdom in drafting an elite OT prospect like the Cowboys did last year and use him on the right side.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #23
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
If Tebow manages to prove himself to the front office, I could very easily see a scenario where we draft an OT like Matt Kalil, Jonathan Martin, or Riley Reiff to use at Right Tackle on Tebow's blindside. We could then move Franklin to LG and make Beadles a super reserve. That would drastically shore up our O-line issues, leaving only some competition at OC to be found, and maybe Beadles could even provide that.

To me, that would make a lot more sense than drafting a WR, RB, or DE. Of course, I would likely still go CB since I really like Kirkpatrick, Claibrone, and Gilmore, but I could see the wisdom in drafting an elite OT prospect like the Cowboys did last year and use him on the right side.
+1 -- Good thoughts MUG. I'd really like one of those three corners, but I would take an elite OT as well to shore up our issues under your scenario.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #24
Agamemnon

Quote:
I would never ever draft a guy who can't run a 4.30 in the top 10. There is a reason Chris Johnson, Darren Mcfadden and Adrian Peterson are so good, it is speed. The slower a RB is the more he relies on having a great line in front of him and we do not have a great line.
This post hurts my head. Adrian Peterson ran a 4.4 dude...
Old 10-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #25
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

Not the flashy pick, and not as big a need, but I could see it. It would really help our run game overall, and that's gotta be high on Fox's list right now.