The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
schaaf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Curry To The Raiders

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Source involved in trade says Raiders acquired former Seahawks LB Aaron Curry for an undisclosed pick in 2012 and undisclosed pick in 2013.


Any thoughts on how the change of scenery affects him?
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
Traveler
Traveling Man!
 
Traveler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,344

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Raiders acquire Aaron Curry for 2 draft picks

Raiders acquired OLB Aaron Curry from the Seahawks in exchange for two undisclosed draft picks, one in 2012 and one in 2013.

They're believed to be mid- to late-round picks. The Raiders haven't scrapped their philosophy of trying to rehabilitate former first-round busts in the post-Al Davis era. Curry, the No. 4 overall pick in the 2009 draft, flamed out in Seattle because he lacked instincts to diagnose run plays and was a zero in pass coverage. Raiders MLB Rolando McClain suffered a potentially serious ankle injury in Week 6, and Curry could be viewed as insurance behind likely replacement starter Darryl Blackstock.

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter Oct

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...-2-draft-picks
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,451
Default

Probably going to go off on us for years to come and they got him cheap
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,031
Default

I yelled at the TV last weekend during the SEA-NYG game. He had a play late in the game with him one-on-one with the RB on the edge. If he brings him down it would've been a no gain, but instead he tries to blow him up. Ends up bouncing off and rolling to the ground and the RB gets a critical first down and more. ****ing typical Aaron Curry. Dude is dumb as rocks, can't tackle for ****, can't cover, and has a serious case of the Nate Webster-syndrome.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
schaaf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Probably going to go off on us for years to come and they got him cheap
Haha I'm honestly worried about that too
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
I yelled at the TV last weekend during the SEA-NYG game. He had a play late in the game with him one-on-one with the RB on the edge. If he brings him down it would've been a no gain, but instead he tries to blow him up. Ends up bouncing off and rolling to the ground and the RB gets a critical first down and more. ****ing typical Aaron Curry. Dude is dumb as rocks, can't tackle for ****, can't cover, and has a serious case of the Nate Webster-syndrome.
Hopefully he keeps that up. Maybe it was bad coaching??
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #7
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,047
Default

I was one for bringing him in, I hope i was wrong and that he sucks. He is a free agent after this year right.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #8
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
I yelled at the TV last weekend during the SEA-NYG game. He had a play late in the game with him one-on-one with the RB on the edge. If he brings him down it would've been a no gain, but instead he tries to blow him up. Ends up bouncing off and rolling to the ground and the RB gets a critical first down and more. ****ing typical Aaron Curry. Dude is dumb as rocks, can't tackle for ****, can't cover, and has a serious case of the Nate Webster-syndrome.
Please tell me that's helmet removal and not child rape...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #9
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 10,879

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Please tell me that's helmet removal and not child rape...
Dude seems a little rapey to me....
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #10
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,801

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Mother ****er!
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #11
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,027
Default

Seattle will receive a seventh-round pick in 2012 and a mid-round conditional pick (fourth or fifth round) in 2013 based on Curry's playing time with Oakland, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #12
400HZ
Ring of Famer
 
400HZ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,459

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli
Default

Good thing he sucks.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #13
chrisp
Friend of the unsung
 
chrisp's Avatar
 
Not into the football......yet

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London UK
Posts: 1,326

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan
Default

Its hard to guage instincts and feel for the game - usually when hot college prospects flame out in the pros its that - especially at a position like MLB where you absolutely have to be able to sniff out which way the play is going before anyone else.
chrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #14
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,822

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
I yelled at the TV last weekend during the SEA-NYG game. He had a play late in the game with him one-on-one with the RB on the edge. If he brings him down it would've been a no gain, but instead he tries to blow him up. Ends up bouncing off and rolling to the ground and the RB gets a critical first down and more. ****ing typical Aaron Curry. Dude is dumb as rocks, can't tackle for ****, can't cover, and has a serious case of the Joe Mays-syndrome.
fixed it for u.
Elway 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #15
Ugly Duck
Proof: SD fans DO exist!
 
Ugly Duck's Avatar
 
RF

Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,431
Default

This is just another reclamation project for Richard Seymour. Oakland gave Jarvis Moss (#17 overall) to Seymour & told him to coach the guy. Moss did crap in Denver, but after being mentored by Seymour has become a serviceable DE. Making sacks, batting down balls like he never did as a Bronco. Seymour told Moss that if he didn't become a student of the game & learn to live football his career would be over. Moss gave up his X-box & sat around studying footage of the DE greats & the weekly games instead. He's now a new man on the field. Seymour is gonna give Aaron Curry the same treatment. Might work, might not, but the dude has the talent if he learns the mental/emotional aspect of how to apply it...

2009 - Drafted, Seahawks go 5-11.
12 starts in 14 games played. Curry records 54 solo tackles out of 61 combined tackles...including 2 sacks.

2010 - Coaching Change to Pete Carroll, completely different system than what Aaron Curry was drafted for.
16 starts in 16 games, including two playoff games. Curry records 60 solo tackles out of 73 combined tackles...including 3.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, 1 pass defended.

2011 - Pete Carroll guys come in, drafted for their system...Curry demoted, put on the block. 2 starts in 5 games played. 16 solo tackles of 22 combined tackles including 2 passes defended.

...could it be that Curry didn't fit into Carroll's scheme?
Ugly Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #16
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Duck View Post
This is just another reclamation project for Richard Seymour. Oakland gave Jarvis Moss (#17 overall) to Seymour & told him to coach the guy. Moss did crap in Denver, but after being mentored by Seymour has become a serviceable DE. Making sacks, batting down balls like he never did as a Bronco. Seymour told Moss that if he didn't become a student of the game & learn to live football his career would be over. Moss gave up his X-box & sat around studying footage of the DE greats & the weekly games instead. He's now a new man on the field. Seymour is gonna give Aaron Curry the same treatment. Might work, might not, but the dude has the talent if he learns the mental/emotional aspect of how to apply it...

2009 - Drafted, Seahawks go 5-11.
12 starts in 14 games played. Curry records 54 solo tackles out of 61 combined tackles...including 2 sacks.

2010 - Coaching Change to Pete Carroll, completely different system than what Aaron Curry was drafted for.
16 starts in 16 games, including two playoff games. Curry records 60 solo tackles out of 73 combined tackles...including 3.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, 1 pass defended.

2011 - Pete Carroll guys come in, drafted for their system...Curry demoted, put on the block. 2 starts in 5 games played. 16 solo tackles of 22 combined tackles including 2 passes defended.

...could it be that Curry didn't fit into Carroll's scheme?
Possibly but it's more likely that the guy just isn't a good NFL player. It happens.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
Ugly Duck
Proof: SD fans DO exist!
 
Ugly Duck's Avatar
 
RF

Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Possibly but it's more likely that the guy just isn't a good NFL player. It happens.
Like Jarvis Moss?

Jim Plunkett (1st overall) was a washed out reject when Oakland took a chance. Won SuperBowls with the rejected washout.

Last edited by Ugly Duck; 10-12-2011 at 03:18 PM..
Ugly Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #18
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,860

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Duck View Post
This is just another reclamation project for Richard Seymour. Oakland gave Jarvis Moss (#17 overall) to Seymour & told him to coach the guy. Moss did crap in Denver, but after being mentored by Seymour has become a serviceable DE. Making sacks, batting down balls like he never did as a Bronco. Seymour told Moss that if he didn't become a student of the game & learn to live football his career would be over. Moss gave up his X-box & sat around studying footage of the DE greats & the weekly games instead. He's now a new man on the field. Seymour is gonna give Aaron Curry the same treatment. Might work, might not, but the dude has the talent if he learns the mental/emotional aspect of how to apply it...

2009 - Drafted, Seahawks go 5-11.
12 starts in 14 games played. Curry records 54 solo tackles out of 61 combined tackles...including 2 sacks.

2010 - Coaching Change to Pete Carroll, completely different system than what Aaron Curry was drafted for.
16 starts in 16 games, including two playoff games. Curry records 60 solo tackles out of 73 combined tackles...including 3.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, 1 pass defended.

2011 - Pete Carroll guys come in, drafted for their system...Curry demoted, put on the block. 2 starts in 5 games played. 16 solo tackles of 22 combined tackles including 2 passes defended.

...could it be that Curry didn't fit into Carroll's scheme?
faiders got him for nothing. It's a good deal of the faid, I hate to say this but they basically got him for nothing. If he does well the faid come out smelling like roses. If he continues to disappoint, no biggie, move on.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:54 PM   #19
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Please tell me that's helmet removal and not child rape...
Ya ya...

The "I MADE A TACKLE /STOMP AROUND AND DO STUPID DANCE" thing.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #20
Anikai
PUP List
 
Anikai's Avatar
 
Champ Bailey's Beard

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NFC West
Posts: 246

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

typical Al-Davis move.
Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:10 PM.


Denver Broncos