The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Skip Bayless re: Tebow and Lloyd

Skip Bayless just said that Lloyd dropped the two point conversion on purpose because he doesn't like Tebow.

Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
Skip Bayless just said that Lloyd dropped the two point conversion on purpose because he doesn't like Tebow.

Skip is way wrong on that one
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #3
ppablo

you know... that thought crossed my mind too... looked like a catchable ball? Lloyd has to make that catch. I don't think he would drop it on purpose tho..
Old 10-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
MileHighMagic
Ho-Slayer

SAUCED

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dave Logan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post

Not really what he said. He basically hinted at that but said lloyd didn't have his heart completely in it because he is such an Orton supporter. It was a typical idiotic statement by Bayless. He is a huge Tebow fan though.
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #5
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

it was catchable,if not for the defender knocking the ball out.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

So Lloyd changed his mind after that and made a miraculous catch on the final drive (one handed, knee in bounds)?

Skip's just trolling
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Lol
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #8
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It was a nice throw and attempted catch. It was an even better play by the defender. Conspiracies are fun though.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #9
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

how about cowherd saying that Orton has no skill players around him, AND that Tebow will never be a franchise QB. These guys poop **** out their mouth and forget to ever wipe.....and then keep pooping the same **** over and over again.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #10
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I just don't get it how Bayless has been able to keep a job in sports as long as he has when his opinions are mostly based on what he thinks the majority does not agree with and often comes across as stupid.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #11
MacGruder

I don't understand why it is considered far fetched that Lloyd would sabotage Tebow..

look what the guy said publicly in the media...

He already HAS sabotaged him.. Skip is aware of all those quotes, too. He commented on it in past discussions..

As for why Lloyd would catch some and not others.. it would be too obvious if he missed them all.. and he likely made the catches that were most beneficial for him and least beneficial for Tebow - the tieing catch..

There is no way of knowing but it certainly is plausible.. especially when you are dealing with someone thinking about their potential millions.

And it is also easy for Lloyd to rationalize.. "why should I risk injury making THIS catch. I need to protect myself.. whoops dropped it". Lloyd has said repeatedly a rookie QB is a risk to him physically.

Let the conspiracy theory macguano talk commence..
Old 10-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppablo View Post
you know... that thought crossed my mind too... looked like a catchable ball? Lloyd has to make that catch. I don't think he would drop it on purpose tho..
You thinking this is more absurd than Skip saying it. Simply because I don't believe Skip believes half the **** he says.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #13
KO5K

Don't buy into that at all though I bet Skip's loving today, kind of proved all those dumbasses he talks with wrong in regards to Tebow > Orton.

Still, with Lloyd's record here in Denver I'd expect him to make that catch but I guess you can't get them all.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:04 AM   #14
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I don't understand why it is considered far fetched that Lloyd would sabotage Tebow..

He already HAS sabotaged him.. Skip is aware of all those quotes, too. He commented on it in past discussions..

As for why Lloyd would catch some and not others.. it would be too obvious if he missed them all.. and he likely made the catches that were most beneficial for him and least beneficial for Tebow - the tieing catch..

There is no way of knowing but it certainly is plausible.. especially when you are dealing with someone thinking about their potential millions.

And it is also easy for Lloyd to rationalize.. "why should I risk injury making THIS catch. I need to protect myself.. whoops dropped it". Lloyd has said repeatedly a rookie QB is a risk to him physically.

I think you have to be really stupid to think Lloyd is giving up on TDs in a contract year.

Lloyd also came out in support of Tebow when it looked like Orton was getting traded. He likes Orton but isn't giving up millions to hurt Ortons competition.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:04 AM   #15
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Only problem with this "conspiracy" is the replay clearly showing the defender knocking the ball out, so Lloyd "dropping" the ball is not only nonsense but a lie.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #16
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
Don't buy into that at all though I bet Skip's loving today, kind of proved all those dumbasses he talks with wrong in regards to Tebow > Orton.

Still, with Lloyd's record here in Denver I'd expect him to make that catch but I guess you can't get them all.
This!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #17
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Only problem with this "conspiracy" is the replay clearly showing the defender knocking the ball out, so Lloyd "dropping" the ball is not only nonsense but a lie.
But it's isn't about just "dropping it"... It's about not doing all he can to catch it.. That is also why it is easy to rationalize... "I didn't drop it. It was taken away. Whoops"
Old 10-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #18
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
how about cowherd saying that Orton has no skill players around him, AND that Tebow will never be a franchise QB. These guys poop **** out their mouth and forget to ever wipe.....and then keep pooping the same **** over and over again.
Yea, i was surprised by Cowherd's comments. But then again he was piggybacking on Dilfer's comments as well. Dilfer really has no business calling anyone a failure when even his first 4 starts dont measure up to what Tebow has done.

T. Dilfer:
704 yds 3 TD, 5 Int

T.Tebow:
730 yds, 5 passing TDs, 4 Rushing TDs, 3 Ints
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #19
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
I think you have to be really stupid to think Lloyd is giving up on TDs in a contract year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
This!

DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #20
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Then bye Brandon...don't let the door hit you stupid ass on the way out.

However I don't think bayless is right.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #21
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
But it's isn't about just "dropping it"... It's about not doing all he can to catch it.. That is also why it is easy to rationalize... "I didn't drop it. It was taken away. Whoops"
What more should Lloyd do? Sometimes the defense can make a good play too you know. Besides, seemed Lloyd went all out in that last catch he made, so why go all out then, but not that catch? Again, makes no sense.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #22
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Eric Allen: "Leadership and teammates rallying around him are not things I see in Tebow"

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7082336
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #23
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Great play by the DB. Like, GREAT play. Got his hand between Lloyd's hand and the ball. Can't play it better than that.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #24
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #25
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yeah, makes a ton of sense for the guy to deliberately do the following things in a contract year.

- Drop passes, and therefore lower his stat line.
- Publicly show himself to be an awful teammate.

Suppose that miracle catch on the last drive was just bad luck too, you could see he really wanted to drop it but it was just too catchable a ball.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote