The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
vonqkilla

Default My analogy

Tim Tebow by all accounts is rough, from dropbacks, to taking snaps, reads, throws, and almost everything in between. I would call him a diamond in the rough based on what he did in the regular season, and preseason. I see a ton of potential there.

Now a diamond in the rough needs polishing, the edges sharpened, and work, but the finished product is worth it in the end. It takes alot of time and work. Left alone, its never going to get better.

If you want you can skip the work, and get a ready to go cubic zirconium. Its shiny, it passes the eye test, and works, I guess, but you dont get engaged with that.

Its fake. It will fool many people, but when you get down to it, its glass. You hit it hard, it cracks. Under pressure, it breaks.

Diamonds dont break, they withstand the pressure, even when times are dark(last year), diamonds shine. If your willing to put in the work, a diamond will withstand the tests of time and be something your always proud of.

Orton is a fakeass cubic zirconium that fools you into thinking its fine, but when its go time at the dance it fails. And you look like a joke, and a LOSER.

Maybe if we put our diamond in the rough under whatever a jeweler uses Tebow shatters and is worthless, or maybe we get the diamond we need. Whatever the case, continuing with our fakeass garbage time inflated stat joke of a qb only makes us LOSERS.

Last edited by vonqkilla; 10-05-2011 at 06:17 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

omane poetry night.

i like it.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
MacGruder

Great analogy! I like how you developed the analogy too and applied it to the situation.

I have always called Orton the ultimate fool's gold and Tebow a diamond in the rough. lol
Old 10-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #5
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wtf did I just read?
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #7
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I actually thought that was great
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Deep stuff.

I mean, even MacGruder thought so.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #9
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Orton is:

A broken mirror
A black cat in your path
Walking under a ladder
Stepping on a crack

He's Friday the 13th
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Orton is:

A broken mirror
A black cat in your path
Walking under a ladder
Stepping on a crack

He's Friday the 13th

He's like raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain on your wedding day!

Wait... wrong analogy.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #11
schaaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Deep stuff.

I mean, even MacGruder thought so.
There's his death wish right there
Old 10-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #12
TheDave
Sauced...

The way people romanticize this kid... Wow

Once he gets on the field, I'm going to be VERY curious to see how people react when he struggles (all qb's do). Does this emotional investment cause people to make excuses for his play or does it create a backlash. What ever it is I doubt it will resemble a measured response.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #13
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post

Once he gets on the field, I'm going to be VERY curious to see how people react when he struggles (all qb's do). Does this emotional investment cause people to make excuses for his play or does it create a backlash. What ever it is I doubt it will resemble a measured response.
Fans will accept it, like they did when we went 1 & 2 with him in last year. We will focus on the inept D. If come game 16 (say he starts against Miami) he has shown no improvement and we are 2 and 14? We will be fine drafting a QB to compete with him next season when the other two are gone.

Over and over it is said, just give him a shot because Orton is only going to lead us to a losing record.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #14
goldengopher1976
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:

Fan is short for "fanatic", right?
goldengopher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #15
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:

It's gonna be the same old around here. The "Ortonites" will start hate threads and magnify all his mistakes. They will be the worst with the I told you so BS. The Tebow fans will ask for patience.

The Ortonites will never give him a chance though. At least fans of Tebow gave Kyle more than his fair share of opportunities.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #16
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
Fans will accept it, like they did when we went 1 & 2 with him in last year. We will focus on the inept D. If come game 16 (say he starts against Miami) he has shown no improvement and we are 2 and 14? We will be fine drafting a QB to compete with him next season when the other two are gone.

Over and over it is said, just give him a shot because Orton is only going to lead us to a losing record.
EXACTLY...............Please FO wake the freak up...........
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #17
MacGruder

Quote:

Actually, if you let Tebow play his style I don't think there would be a transition time. I think he could win multiple championships in the first 6 years of his career...

Of course, by then he probably wouldn't be able to play his style anymore because he would be banged up so much... but what is wrong with that? why can't dominant QBs have the same lifespan as runningbacks, if it wins? And he could transition to a pure pocket passer by then.

In this era I think it is how things should be done. He stumbled on it by accident somehow.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #18
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Philip Arnold and John Slack approve this thread.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #19
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
It's gonna be the same old around here. The "Ortonites" will start hate threads and magnify all his mistakes. They will be the worst with the I told you so BS. The Tebow fans will ask for patience.

The Ortonites will never give him a chance though. At least fans of Tebow gave Kyle more than his fair share of opportunities.
**** an "Ortonite". There aren't even a third of the amount of Borton supporters as there are fans walking around with Tebowners.

Nobody really cares what a Orton supporter thinks about the QB situation, because anyone openly supporting a garbage time stat accumulative loser like that needs his or her head checked.

In an average season with an average team, and maybe a few years left on a contract, not ammounting to around 8 mil, an Orton supporters opinion would be legit; however with the current team situation and an overpaid backup QB with 1 yr left on his contract before he finishes his career on 5-6 other teams making veterans minimum, its a joke.
Broncos4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #20
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Tebow is a stone
Not just any little gem
But a true diamond

Orton, WTF
What do you take me for, hm?
Some lowly Bills fan?
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:31 PM   #21
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Nice metaphors, expect Orton isn't even cubic zirconium he's more like a glow worm necklace from a box of Cracker Jacks.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #22
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonqkilla View Post
a fakeass cubic zirconium that fools you into thinking its fine, but when its go time at the dance it fails. And you look like a joke, and a LOSER.
Is there a story here that you'd like to tell us?
Old 10-06-2011, 05:12 AM   #23
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post

if someone is still supporting Orton, they are not bronco fans.
What is his record as the starter for Broncos.
He is boring to watch.If he continues to play for broncos, there will be empty seats in few weeks.
go_broncos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:08 AM   #24
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
Nobody really cares what a Orton supporter thinks about the QB situation, because anyone openly supporting a garbage time stat accumulative loser like that needs his or her head checked.
Orton sucks and I'd rather we play Tebow, but is it really that awful for somebody to "support" the starting QB of the Denver Broncos?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:11 AM   #25
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Orton sucks and I'd rather we play Tebow, but is it really that awful for somebody to "support" the starting QB of the Denver Broncos?
Yes. He sucks.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote