The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Week 5: Chargers

I'm flying out to see this one live, and I'm looking forward to it. I think we've got a shot to win, although I think it may end up like our first three games, where it will be pretty close.

Reasons we'll win:
-SD's given up some sacks this year, their RT has struggled some. Von is hungry.
-Rivers has been off his game so far this year. Hopefully this continues.
-Gates is hurt again.
-The chugger's three wins have come against three bad teams: Two 0-4 teams, and the chiefs.
-Champ is back.
-Norval

Reasons we'll lose:
- We've played poorly against vertical passing games (well, all passing games really)
- Orton knows he needs to win to not get replaced at the bye, and he folds under the pressure.
- Mathews is playing well, and we've only faced one good running attack this year (oak) and it was ugly.
- Chargers have more talent.

My prediction: Broncos in an ugly one (23-20). Orange tinted glasses firmly in place.

How does everyone feel about the game?
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I think Denver will do OK against the run. Close game at half. Denver will actually take a third quarter lead before the wheels come off in the 4th and Orton manages to kill the team with a sack or turnover at a crucial time.

In the presser the next day, Fox will declare that the offense was impressive, and Orton was a "gamer" who hung in there despite some unfortunate events. (that he caused...). The clamor for Tebow will grow louder...but Fox XIVth wont hear it...

And the beat will go on.

27-17, SD.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

It's depressing Orange tinted glasses still predict a loss.

I expect we'll see Tebow in multiple plays. I expect Orton will throw a pick 6.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
It's depressing Orange tinted glasses still predict a loss.

I expect we'll see Tebow in multiple plays. I expect Orton will throw a pick 6.
?? I predicted a win
Old 10-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

The Broncos can't score with Orton but they'll play well on D. Chargers +9.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #6
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

About Champ being back. I just have this feeling that he is going to hurt himself again in this game and be out even longer. Just a bad feeling I have. Rivers is going to go after him.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #7
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

SD should and will line up Vincent Jackson on a less than 100% Champ Bailey. Add in it looks like our RT is going to miss the game AND the fact that kyle orton is going to be behind center means a semi route of Denver at home.

SD 34 Denver 17
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #8
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
SD should and will line up Vincent Jackson on a less than 100% Champ Bailey. Add in it looks like our RT is going to miss the game AND the fact that kyle orton is going to be behind center means a semi route of Denver at home.

SD 34 Denver 17
Sounds like they'll have to line up a less than 100% Vincent Jackson, at least.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #9
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Well since jay is not longer here Rivers will not get in his head.. But then we have Orton which their defense might..

Then there in norv.. I suspect even at home this ill be ugly loss and perhaps Orotb=ns last starting game in DEN..

So there might be light at the end of the tunnel..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #10
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I don't have any confidence we'll win with Orton as QB...

SD 31 Den 20
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
Dukes
Ring of Famer

I don't see anything changing this week. Maybe having the entire team watch the game film together will help, but I doubt it. There's no better opponent for Rivers to face to get back on track this season.

38-20 SD
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #12
Agamemnon

Phillip Rivers is going to destroy us once again. 30-17, San Diego wins.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #13
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Rivers' had our number...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #14
Borks147
the dude abides...

eleventy-billion to 2, chargers
Borks147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #15
Borks147
the dude abides...

by the way, that was reverse mojo to counter all the debby downers, not a reflection on my thoughts of EFX/Tebow/Et al
Borks147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #16
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
?? I predicted a win
I did NOT read that properly.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #17
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Unfortunately, I think we drop it by over 2 scores.

I know it's more fun to be optimistic, but this is one I'm really dreading.

Sincerely hope Denver comes out swinging, punches them in the mouth and proves me wrong.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #18
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Well since jay is not longer here Rivers will not get in his head.. But then we have Orton which their defense might..

Then there in norv.. I suspect even at home this ill be ugly loss and perhaps Orotb=ns last starting game in DEN..

So there might be light at the end of the tunnel..
I'm sure gonna miss Orotb=ns
Old 10-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #19
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Rivers quietly had a very good game last week. His throws are still a little off (from his injury?) but looking better.

Von Miller may have a field day. Clary is struggling a lot out there this year so they better give him help all day long.

But with so many injuries to the skill players on offense, the offense may continue to struggle a bit. Though Mathews has been looking incredible these past few games so he may be able to really carry the load if the passing game struggles.

The defense is hit and miss. The pass defense is very underrated, even with Jammer out. Cason, who was playing out of his mind last year, is not looking good this year. But Weddle is playing great. The d-line is hurting with injuries and the run defense has struggled a bit even though Spikes and Buter are playing great. But Denver's run game isn't frightening so I think the defense should give Denver enough trouble overall.

I can actually see this being a close game. As long as they don't turn it over (no turnovers last week finally), I think the Chargers pull off a close victory. Rivers just seems to have the Broncos number.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #20
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

wake me up when orton is benched.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #21
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

A not 100% healthy Champ will lead to Rivers scoring plenty. Franklin has impressed, Orton will miss that too.

I think we may need this to be like the game in 2009, Doom and Miller win it with Decker scoring from ST's if we are going to win.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #22
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Man, who is Franklins backup?

I'm also seeing a trend of people who are score predicting, showing Denver at 20 or less points. Thought that was kinda funny. The word is out on our offense, unless we find great matchups all game long, I'm seeing 31-17. One of SDs scores will be from a pick 6. Yep, two games in a row.

And for some reason, I think we see Tebow in at QB 5 times before the half, and he scores on one of them, which will make the crowd go nuts.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #23
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Rivers quietly had a very good game last week. His throws are still a little off (from his injury?) but looking better.

Von Miller may have a field day. Clary is struggling a lot out there this year so they better give him help all day long.

But with so many injuries to the skill players on offense, the offense may continue to struggle a bit. Though Mathews has been looking incredible these past few games so he may be able to really carry the load if the passing game struggles.

The defense is hit and miss. The pass defense is very underrated, even with Jammer out. Cason, who was playing out of his mind last year, is not looking good this year. But Weddle is playing great. The d-line is hurting with injuries and the run defense has struggled a bit even though Spikes and Buter are playing great. But Denver's run game isn't frightening so I think the defense should give Denver enough trouble overall.

I can actually see this being a close game. As long as they don't turn it over (no turnovers last week finally), I think the Chargers pull off a close victory. Rivers just seems to have the Broncos number.
How do you feel about Gilchrist so far?
Old 10-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #24
Ugly Duck
Proof: SD fans DO exist!

RF

I'm rooting for Denver this game for two reasons. Oakland is the only AFCW team with a possibility to challenge Sandy Eggo, and the Broncos are far too close to drafting Andrew Luck. Out of all the Luck Bowl contenders, Denver has the toughest schedule. You guys have the inside track to the #1 pick. I want Tebow in Denver, not Luck...
Ugly Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #25
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post

Good review from a Chugger fan.....about right. Close game with Orton ****ing it up with a pick 6...............Yeah right wake me up when the Orton nightmare is over !
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote