The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody
Default Brett Favre is an A** H***

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/70...ring-took-long

Of course he has to say something like this. Personally if I could take Favre in his prime or Aaron Rodgers, I'm drafting Aaron Rodgers for my imaginary dynasty team.

I sense some jealousy from the old man here.
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
shovelpass#30
Rookie

Elvis is alive!

It will be weird when Favre is inducted into the HoF - and he surely will be. Who is going to be cheering for him?
shovelpass#30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

Good Point. I think generally Green Bay will always care for him for the years of success he put in there... but it seems pretty evident that small town has moved on completely from the Favre era and is 100% behind Rodgers.

A good analogy would be Elway going over to the Jets then the Raiders... what would Denver have done?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #4
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Favre said:

"He just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he's a good player. I don't think there's any pressure on him now, the talent around him is even better than when I was there".

I don't see anything wrong with that statement other than I would say excellent not good player. Rogers was drafted #24 to the Packers and played behind Favre, I would say he fell ito a good position and the talent around him is great.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Why is he an a-hole?
I hate the guy as much as the next person, but I don't see anything wrong saying it like it actually is without trying to be political correct.
You guys just like to dig drama out of anywhere you think you can find it...

Last edited by strafen; 10-05-2011 at 08:14 AM..
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #6
t-diddy
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Why is he an a-hole?
I hate the guy as much as the next person, but I don't see anything wrong saying it like it actually is without trying to be political correct.
You guys just like to dig drama out of anywhere you think you can find it...
He's an a-hole because he's diminishing Rogers accomplishments while at the same time trying to take credit for them. Its a dick move from a classless dick of a person.
t-diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #7
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Yes he is a dick and no one likes him. We all know that, having said that if this turns into a story ,and I am sure it will, it is the same kind of manufactures taken out of context garbage crap that keeps the Kardashians in the lime light. Much ado about nothing.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #8
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-diddy View Post
He's an a-hole because he's diminishing Rogers accomplishments while at the same time trying to take credit for them. Its a dick move from a classless dick of a person.
Did you hear the clip? I did this morning, and the only questionable thing Farve did was call Rodgers very good, instead of great.

People get worked up over the dumbest sht without informing themselves.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #9
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-diddy View Post
Did you even read the article? He wasn't trying to take credit for anything. There are a lot of reasons to dislike Favre, but this article isn't one of them...

Favre has said previously that it wasn't his job to mentor his understudies, and had acknowledged some friction with Rodgers, but also that their relationship improved.
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #10
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I don't see anything wrong with what he said...of course though, since it was said about Rodgers and the Packers, it gets blown way out of proportion.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #11
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Brett Favre is the most overrated PLAYER of ALL-TIME.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #12
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

It's funny how Peyton gets crap for only winning one superbowl and considered only a good regular season QB. While Farve, who only owns every record because he playied so many games, is considered better than Elway when he has only won one superbowl himself.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I heard Favre is thinking about retiring.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #14
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
It's funny how Peyton gets crap for only winning one superbowl and considered only a good regular season QB. While Farve, who only owns every record because he playied so many games, is considered better than Elway when he has only won one superbowl himself.
By who?

Farve has most of the records but that is only because he played the longest. I think most people still evaluate the position by SB rings.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #15
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

His only surprise was that Rodgers didn't do it sooner? Really. He likely would have if the Packers had the guts to admit that Favre was well passed his prime, and that it was time to move towards the future.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #16
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

He's the media's golden boy not named Tom Brady!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #17
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
His only surprise was that Rodgers didn't do it sooner? Really. He likely would have if the Packers had the guts to admit that Favre was well passed his prime, and that it was time to move towards the future.
Exactly.... Favre does anything he can get get back into the spotlight. Don't blame the media for this, he's the one that feeds the flame.

Ask yourself this, why even go there? He couldn't stop his arrogance from interfering.

I agree, most overrated QB of ALL TIME. Would still take any of the following QB's over him in the "Best of all time list":

(Not necessarily in this order, just saying these guys better all time than Favre)
  • Montana
  • Elway
  • Marino
  • P. Manning
  • Brady
  • S. Young
  • Bradshaw
  • Unitas
  • (Then and just maybe) Favre

Would definitely toy with dropping him out of the top 10, but his stupid records keep him in there even though he is behind all fo these guys in my opinion.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #18
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

This is not a big deal.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #19
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Farver should be thanking his Kick returner and Reggie White for winning him a SB. Farver was about to give that game away to the Pat's until the KR for a TD.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #20
orng&blu

I found nothing that Farve said offensive in any way. If anyone in the segment was offensive its that miniature d i c k steven a smith, that guy has a HUGE inferiority complex. Anytime that guy is there to make his comments, i change channels.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #21
Bronco Yoda

There's a lot of things to hate on about BF but this interview isn't one of them. Everything he said was true.

Drama, Drama, Drama....
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #22
DENVERDUI55

I heard the interview and didn't think anything bad was said. This is picking pepper out of fly ****.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #23
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Brett Farve ( yes i spelled it wrong) is a douche bag .

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #24
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Ehhh, he was a little passive aggressive with the implication that Rodgers is only so so and got to the Superbowl only because his supporting cast was good. Is it being made into a bigger deal than it is, sure it is, but that's as much the media liking to feed on Favre as it is Favre. They want there to be drama between Rodgers and Favre and whose to say there isn't some resentment by Favre, but it's not so bad once stopped listening to the ESPN video which was way over the top. The Mike and Mike thing had a better take.

My take is Aaron Rodgers is much better than just good, he's a great QB, but not sure what anyone is expecting Favre to say. He is not going to say Aaron is better than he is, not gonna happen. I like Aaron better because he is amazing to watch (even as he slaughters my team, sigh) and he carries himself pretty well in interviews. He seems more grounded, though who is to say that in 15 years he won't be a little less grounded too.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #25
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Ehhh, he was a little passive aggressive with the implication that Rodgers is only so so and got to the Superbowl only because his supporting cast was good. Is it being made into a bigger deal than it is, sure it is, but that's as much the media liking to feed on Favre as it is Favre. They want there to be drama between Rodgers and Favre and whose to say there isn't some resentment by Favre, but it's not so bad once stopped listening to the ESPN video which was way over the top. The Mike and Mike thing had a better take.

My take is Aaron Rodgers is much better than just good, he's a great QB, but not sure what anyone is expecting Favre to say. He is not going to say Aaron is better than he is, not gonna happen. I like Aaron better because he is amazing to watch (even as he slaughters my team, sigh) and he carries himself pretty well in interviews. He seems more grounded, though who is to say that in 15 years he won't be a little less grounded too.
He also doesn't look and talk like Walter Brennan in the Real McCoys.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote