The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default A fan's farewell.

Not me - sorry

http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/1...-fans-farewell

Long fan post made on MHR - I won't quote the whole thing - click on the link.

Quote:
Maybe Tebow doesn't have the best throwing mechanics. Maybe Tebow isn't as accurate as Orton when throwing the football. But it's the excitement he brings that most of us are interested in. It's the passion and drive to succeed that makes us want a guy like Tebow as our quarterback. I feel for the millions of Broncos fans who will never see Tebow lead this team to a Super Bowl. They deserve to see the product they want on the field. After all, we're the customers who support this business. It's been a dark time in Denver since Elway left. I don't see the fire or passion we had during those unbelievable times. I'll always love football, and will never forget the great times I had as a Bronco's fan. However, after Orton threw the pick-6 on Sunday, my son got up and left to play video games. I sat and imagined how, if Tebow was playing, we might be having a good time, giving each other high-fives everytime he made a play. Instead, I was destined to watch the game alone, hoping Fox would have the common sense to play our greatest weapon (yeah, I said it). Sunday night, I came to the realization football was a business that wasn't about the fans/customers. Football is about egos. Football is about money. But football is never about common sense, and it certainly isn't about the fans. With that said, I'd like to thank the MHR community for holding my interests for more than a decade. Having to watch the Broncos fall into the abyss since Elway left, I don't know what I would have done without the MHR . Now that Elway is back (in a suit), it's sad that I must leave. I've decided it's more important for me to hang out with my son, then spend my Sundays watching the Broncos lose, alone. The excitement has been gone for years. The hope has been lost for more than a decade. While many of us had finally found hope in Tebow, they took that away from us. I don't care about the reasoning, or who's on the right side of history. It's just time for me to admit that football has lost it's way. I'll always see football as it was during the era of Elway. I'll never forget how after beating the Falcons in the Super Bowl, Bowlen lifted the trophy and said "This one's for YOU!" Thanks for the memories, Broncos fans. You truly are the best fans on the planet. Good luck, and I wish you all the best.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Tebow lead this team to a Super Bowl

done............
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

okay
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Can you say "drama queen"? Wow...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Haha... People think it's for the fans. If you get stuck in history, don't be upset when you realize it and find yourself stuck in the past.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
I can see some of his points, but giving up all together? Madness.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #8
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

And you guys call me "ruthless"
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #9
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Bawahahahaha.......another wagon jumper fell off......
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
no joke, I mean I might get pissed a lot but for ****s sake...publicly announcing that you aren't going to be a fan anymore is tippy top of the sandy vagina honor roll
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #11
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I wonder how many Detroit fans gave up and wrote sob-story goodbye posts during the Millen era? Football is cyclical, and the game is designed to have some bad years followed by good years. Look at the Bills, the Lions, the Hawks, etc. The only possible exception is maybe the Raiders, who have turned perennial losing into an art form.
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #12
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Im also a romantic and i came to tears reading this. this is by far the best fanpost i have ever read. this sums up my feelings exactly. i didnít have a moment like this with my son like you did. but i had those same feelings watching those last three games last year. it was the same feeling i had watching elway all those years ago. tebow gives us that feeling of hope. he plays with the same emotion that all us fans have for the Broncos. im right there on the edge with ya buddy. i just watched you jump over and there are a lot of us ready to jump with ya.
I want to punch this person in the cockarooni....I am just stunned that people are acting like children with this

man, this really put my personal b****ing in perspective
Old 10-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #13
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Something about rats and a sinking ship springs to mind
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #14
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

his son is a p***Y....

if I got up and left every time the Broncos fell behind when Elway was in uniform I would have missed some of the best games I ever had the previlege to watch

oh, and maybe he can play video games and talk about Halo with his son on Sundays....at least he can avoid having the birds and the bees talk with the little dork
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #15
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Well, it does suck to be a Broncos fan right now. We have a very bad, and very boring team.

That being said, if you can't hang in through the tough times you won't enjoy the good times as much. It's not about winning as a fan, you can't control the outcome of the game. The superiority complex of some Pats fans is laughable, they personally have NOTHING to do with how good their team is. Being a fan is about sticking it out through the tough times, through the valleys, so when you get to the top of the mountain it looks even higher by comparison.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #16
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
no joke, I mean I might get pissed a lot but for ****s sake...publicly announcing that you aren't going to be a fan anymore is tippy top of the sandy vagina honor roll
Well, and if you're gonna leave, just leave.... there's no need to go long-windedly explaining why. A post like that just makes one look like an attention ho insisting "it's about ME!!!....that wants to be talked "off the ledge".

Reaction to something like that is never positive ("oh please don't go..."); it's always "so leave already".
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #17
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Meanie View Post
I wonder how many Detroit fans gave up and wrote sob-story goodbye posts during the Millen era? Football is cyclical, and the game is designed to have some bad years followed by good years. Look at the Bills, the Lions, the Hawks, etc. The only possible exception is maybe the Raiders, who have turned perennial losing into an art form.
You know, one of my very good friends is a Raiders fan and I will give the guy credit...he never once gave up on them through all of the stupid crap they went through. Sure, he took a lot of ribbing (which I am now taking from him) but when you're a fan, you're a fan.

I hope to be that old bastard that is sitting at a bar watching Denver dominate and saying to the 20 year old kid next to me "you should have seen us with McDaniels..." and get the collective "ooohhhhhh" like I just claimed I shot Bin Laden

Jesus, what babies
Old 10-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #18
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
You know, one of my very good friends is a Raiders fan and I will give the guy credit...he never once gave up on them through all of the stupid crap they went through. Sure, he took a lot of ribbing (which I am now taking from him) but when you're a fan, you're a fan.

I hope to be that old bastard that is sitting at a bar watching Denver dominate and saying to the 20 year old kid next to me "you should have seen us with McDaniels..." and get the collective "ooohhhhhh" like I just claimed I shot Bin Laden

Jesus, what babies
Remember when Elway tried to fix things?
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #19
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Remember when Elway tried to fix things?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #20
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Way too much kindness and understanding from the responses. I'm just glad, for his sake, that he doesn't post on the mane...we woulda torn him a new a-hole
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #21
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

I gave up being a fan of the Broncos after they lost all those damn super bowls...yet, I still find myself here.

The idiom seems however of American origin; its earliest known example is in a publication called the "Massachusetts Spy" for 14 June 1815: "I kept a stiff upper lip, and bought [a] license to sell my goods."
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #22
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
And you guys call me "ruthless"
He is from a different board so wail away.

I just want this guy to take Punisher and show how you keep your word and leave when you announced you would. Actually, maybe Punisher is better than this guy if he actually does stay away. Punisher does stick around during this bad times.... I just wish he would leave this board.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #23
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

All I will say is don't blame video games.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #24
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
Way too much kindness and understanding from the responses. I'm just glad, for his sake, that he doesn't post on the mane...we woulda torn him a new a-hole
Man I wish he'd posted it over here. It would have been epic.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #25
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
It would have rivaled the South Carolina/girlfriend thread for most ruthless responses
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote