The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
goldengopher1976
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball
Default Section 112, Row 3 Reflections

I thought I'd sit down today and add my own thoughts to what's being discussed in the wake of the Lambeau Beatdown, it is an interesting thing to watch our Broncos live instead of on t.v. Anyway, my observations, in no particular order:

1. Lambeau is a great place to watch a game. Packer fans are generally courteous and genial. The worst thing all day was someone saying from behind me as I walked into the stadium: "Elway is a c**ks***er!"

2. Even the Packer fans were chanting for Tebow by about halfway through the 2nd quarter. Some of it was sarcastic in nature, as in, "yes, please put in your 2nd string QB for our defense to feast on," but by the end of the 3rd quarter there was some genuine Tebow chanting going on from fans of both sides.

3. Knowshon Moreno is tiny--he looks like a scatback, especially next to McGahee, who looks every bit the part of every-down NFL RB.

4. Orlando Franklin is frickin' huge! That said, Matthews was able to get under him a few times and move him back, which set up the speed stuff later.

5. Von Miller!!!!! I had a great view at the swim move sack. From there, I watched him hold the edge well, bull rush, use an inside move, dip the shoulder, and on and on and on. The guy simply does everything well.

6. I hate Kyle Orton. The flea-flicker was so sweet, watching Moreno pitch the ball back and I was like, "flea-flicker!!!" and watched as Lloyd cleared the safeties by 15 yards. And then Orton threw the ball...oh, and there were the INTs, and the "aw shucks" body-language. I'll say this, when given time and a clean pocket, he throws a nice ball. Of course, that is presumably true of every NFL QB to ever play the game! He goes from good to mind-numbingly bad so quickly it is incredible. GAH!

7. Eric Decker was amazing (besides that play near the end with the ball popping up). Both TD catches happened literally right in front of me and the adjustment he made on the second throw was fantastic. He got his head turned and tracked the ball so well.

8. FWIW, Orton and Lloyd have good chemistry and timing, though I did find myself thinking: if Tebow got all the reps, he could have that chemistry with Lloyd as well.

9. Lloyd has great hands and snatches the ball out of the air.

10. Our offensive line is improving.

11. Wesley Woodyard deserves to be starting full time, he was everywhere and for the most part wrapped up nicely. He twice tackled in such a way that the guy rolled over on top of him and wasn't downed, but I haven't noticed that as a pattern.

12. I would say something disparaging about our secondary, but the fact is, Aaron Rodgers is simply incredible at what he does. That TD pass to James Jones was the most impressive of the day for me, and that's saying something on a day full of impressive passes by Mr. Rodgers. I watched the play unfold and watched from the opposite endzone as Aaron put that ball in the perfect spot, right in stride. It was, like so many of his passes, a thing of beauty.

13. Joe Mays looked a step slow to me all day. Maybe it's just that he looks too short to be out there, or maybe it's the effect of watching live and not tracking plays that aren't constantly replayed, but I was unimpressed.

14. Quinton Carter plays with fire. He's not always in the right place, but he cares a lot, and I like that.

15. When are we going to defend the screen pass?!? It was so frustrating to watch the same basic design work on us all game.

16. I had this conversation with every Broncos fan I saw on the way out: "You as ready for Tebow as I am?" "Hell yes. What is Fox thinking?" (or some other such statement). Not one fan left there with a shred of support for Orton. Least of all me.

Well, that's probably enough for now. It was great being at Lambeau for the first time to see a game. I didn't expect a victory, but it was so bad, my Packer-fan friends were feeling bad for me by the end...peace.
goldengopher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Repped for a great write up.

One quick question, RE: #12 on your list.

Can you confirm you're talking about the Jones TD and not the big play Jennings one?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

thanks golden. Rogers did make some ungodly good thows. Throws that Orton just can't make.

Can Tebow make those throws? I don't know. That being said I'd like to see him try.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 10-03-2011 at 04:58 PM..
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengopher1976 View Post
15. When are we going to defend the screen pass?!? It was so frustrating to watch the same basic design work on us all game.
We're not:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
^ That

You can blitz, you can fire into gaps, you can run some 5 man fronts...

...And in doing so you can expect to disrupt plays and get after the QB

BUT you can also expect to get hit 30 yard screens, give up big draw plays, and often be at the mercy of a missed/broken tackle before it's off to the races.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #5
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
16. I had this conversation with every Broncos fan I saw on the way out: "You as ready for Tebow as I am?" "Hell yes. What is Fox thinking?" (or some other such statement). Not one fan left there with a shred of support for Orton. Least of all me.
good thing you can't get KOA there. on today's interview with Fox, when asked about the QB controversy and why they don't give Tebow a chance and see what he could do, Fox's answer was that they had that competition in training camp and settled it, and also said that in the clubhouse, to a man, they believe Orton should be the starter. he did say it was ok for fans to have an opinion, but that Dove Valley was full of guys who spent all day around football and were very knowledgeable about the game (the implication was clear... fans are stupid, best leave decisions like these to the professionals). it was frustrating. in part because the media is not framing the argument correctly, and in part because Fox is such a stubborn guy who seems to be a step behind in today's NFL.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Pretty sad when the other teams fans are chanting for Tebow! If thats the case, i think it's going to much worse than i thought this coming Sunday! Orton will be booed bad enough he might fetal on the sideline!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #7
goldengopher1976
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Repped for a great write up.

One quick question, RE: #12 on your list.

Can you confirm you're talking about the Jones TD and not the big play Jennings one?
I'm pretty sure it was Jones who caught that pass...if you're questioning whether or not it was really all that great, I would just say that from field-level, and from my angle, it was the most impressive, though that could just be because I saw it develop and watched as Rodgers put the ball right on the money. Either way, the point, I suppose, was to compliment Aaron Rodgers. The guy is money.
goldengopher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #8
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it was Jones who caught that pass...if you're questioning whether or not it was really all that great, I would just say that from field-level, and from my angle, it was the most impressive, though that could just be because I saw it develop and watched as Rodgers put the ball right on the money. Either way, the point, I suppose, was to compliment Aaron Rodgers. The guy is money.
Both caught TDs.

Jones had a 16 yarder in the back of the EZ and Jennings had an over the shoulder bomb for a TD.

I'm trying to see which you were talking about.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #9
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
thanks golden. Rogers did make some ungodly good thows. Throws that Orton just can't make.

Can Tebow make those throws? I don't know. That being said I'd like to see him try.
No.

Happy to help.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
No.

Happy to help.
ElusivekyleOrton..when i see your username i
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #11
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
ElusivekyleOrton..when i see your username i
When I see your username, I curse the public library system for letting crackheads and morons have access to the internet.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #12
UboBronco
Seasoned Veteran

I also, with my wife and many other Bronco fans, were in section 112... The pass he is talking about was too Jones, from our angle, it threaded 3 defenders and one lineman, not sure who the lineman was. I live in Wisconsin and attend games as my wife is a season ticket holder and her parents knew Vince and Marie Lombardi... I cannot tell you how the difference of the two QB's is so dramatic. Kyle threw 3 other passes that should have been easy picks. As Charles Woodson stated in the shows today, there is no way Kyle should have thrown that passs I took to the house... I was in the path the entire time.... And from our angle, my buddy and I justsat down as stated... How... Why....did he throw that... He never looked any place else....

Anyway, we have a long way to go... Anyone know why the press conference with Fox was delayed three times today to be over four hours later?
UboBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #13
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
When I see your username, I curse the public library system for letting crackheads and morons have access to the internet.
Says the guy who supports Orton..
Old 10-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #14
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Says the guy who supports Orton..
I support the Broncos.

If Tebow was out there, I'd support Tebow. Same goes for Quinn.

And yes, you're still a crackhead.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #15
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UboBronco View Post
I also, with my wife and many other Bronco fans, were in section 112... The pass he is talking about was too Jones, from our angle, it threaded 3 defenders and one lineman, not sure who the lineman was. I live in Wisconsin and attend games as my wife is a season ticket holder and her parents knew Vince and Marie Lombardi... I cannot tell you how the difference of the two QB's is so dramatic. Kyle threw 3 other passes that should have been easy picks. As Charles Woodson stated in the shows today, there is no way Kyle should have thrown that passs I took to the house... I was in the path the entire time.... And from our angle, my buddy and I justsat down as stated... How... Why....did he throw that... He never looked any place else....

Anyway, we have a long way to go... Anyone know why the press conference with Fox was delayed three times today to be over four hours later?
Fox is absolutely correct when he says, "Kyle Orton gives us the best chance to win". what he fails to mention is that he means in 2012, 2013, and beyond.

- lose with Orton now (collect underpants)
- draft luck (?)
- winning! (profit!)

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #16
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
I always wondered how you got online
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #17
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Wow. you get more bitter every week. Not surprising, however, given who you've attached your allegiance to.

You also seem much less prolific in your posting these days. Working a lot?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #18
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
I support the Broncos.

If Tebow was out there, I'd support Tebow. Same goes for Quinn.

And yes, you're still a crackhead.
I don't think so based on your username..keep believing in the idiot..
Old 10-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #19
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Wow. you get more bitter every week. Not surprising, however, given who you've attached your allegiance to.

You also seem much less prolific in your posting these days. Working a lot?
Bitter? Not really. I'm quite happy, as a matter of fact.

Working a lot, yes. Traveling a lot, some for work. I appreciate your concern.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #20
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
I don't think so based on your username..keep believing in the idiot..
You're simply not smart. Please use protection if and when you're actually able to fool a woman into sleeping with you. The world does NOT need any of your seed running around on the loose.

I've only explained my username TO YOU several times, and yet... here you are, thinking my username means something more significant than it does.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #21
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Great Op

I thought we were in position to stop some of those screen, but the Db didn't get the job done and the rest of the players were gased. They need to swarm to the ball.

The secondary was in position much of the day, but Rodgers is so good. He's the best in the game right now. And that's saying something because Tom Brady is damn good.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #22
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
good thing you can't get KOA there. on today's interview with Fox, when asked about the QB controversy and why they don't give Tebow a chance and see what he could do, Fox's answer was that they had that competition in training camp and settled it, and also said that in the clubhouse, to a man, they believe Orton should be the starter. he did say it was ok for fans to have an opinion, but that Dove Valley was full of guys who spent all day around football and were very knowledgeable about the game (the implication was clear... fans are stupid, best leave decisions like these to the professionals). it was frustrating. in part because the media is not framing the argument correctly, and in part because Fox is such a stubborn guy who seems to be a step behind in today's NFL.
Mcdaniels thought he was a super genius as well. But I will yield to foxes amazing success with qbs errr
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #23
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post

There was a competition? Odd...I dont remember Tebow or Quinn running with the 1st team during games...

I must have missed that.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #24
GreeleyGrizzley
Rookie

Spot on from my position in 122... agree on all counts.
GreeleyGrizzley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #25
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

wasn't at the game but I can agree with everything said in the OP
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote