The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default OT: Looking for the best steak in Denver A.S.A.P. (elways?)

Elways? I just received a LOT more money than I thought from the car wreck I was in earlier this year, so it's celebration time.

Looking for the best steak in Denver. I haven't visited TOO many upscale steak places around here (5280 week is usually when I get to try all of the buku dollar joints), so ANY recommendations are appreciated.

It's just my roomate and I (poor kid has had a rough go of life lately, so this is a mutual celebration of epic mini entourage type proportions), and money is no object. We're going out TONIGHT, so, the quicker the better!

Thanks maners!

Tj, if you have to delete this thread, is there any way you can do it after I find a good restaurant?
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
randomtask
Thomas is my hero.
 
randomtask's Avatar
 
Like a complete unknown

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Walton
Default

Del Frisco's.

The food is absurdly expensive (I only went because the meal was paid for) but it was by far the best meal I've ever had.

Edit: I think you may need to make a reservation beforehand, but you won't regret it.
randomtask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Elways? I just received a LOT more money than I thought from the car wreck I was in earlier this year, so it's celebration time.

Looking for the best steak in Denver. I haven't visited TOO many upscale steak places around here (5280 week is usually when I get to try all of the buku dollar joints), so ANY recommendations are appreciated.

It's just my roomate and I (poor kid has had a rough go of life lately, so this is a mutual celebration of epic mini entourage type proportions), and money is no object. We're going out TONIGHT, so, the quicker the better!

Thanks maners!

Tj, if you have to delete this thread, is there any way you can do it after I find a good restaurant?
Mortons and Sullivan's downtown are always spectacular. They both buy choice cuts and they're awesome.

Last edited by hambone13; 10-02-2011 at 12:08 AM..
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,992

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Had a steak at The Keg last weekend that I highly enjoyed.

But I'd agree with Del Frisco's, Mortons, or Sullivan's.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomtask View Post
Del Frisco's.

The food is absurdly expensive (I only went because the meal was paid for) but it was by far the best meal I've ever had.

Edit: I think you may need to make a reservation beforehand, but you won't regret it.
Del Frisco's is also spectacular but you have to go to the Tech Center for it. Morton's and Sullivan's are both in close proximity to an Entourage night.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,992

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Also a good point. I'd go downtown and continue to party after said steak.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Is Morton's downtown? I'm leaning toward Del Frisco's right now... and ps. His favorite cut is a Ribeye, mine is a Porterhouse...don't know if that helps narrow it down at all haha
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
randomtask
Thomas is my hero.
 
randomtask's Avatar
 
Like a complete unknown

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Walton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
Del Frisco's is also spectacular but you have to go to the Tech Center for it. Morton's and Sullivan's are both in close proximity to an Entourage night.
I suppose. I haven't tried either Morton's or Sullivan's, so I can't compare Del Frisco's to them.
randomtask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #9
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Great point on the location...going to do some boozing with dinner, then out to party more. SO, I ask you guys this...I've heard good things about the Chophouse as well downtown. How does that stack up to Morton's/ Sullivan's?
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #10
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Is Morton's downtown? I'm leaning toward Del Frisco's right now... and ps. His favorite cut is a Ribeye, mine is a Porterhouse...don't know if that helps narrow it down at all haha
Yes, Morton's is downtown as well. It's on Wynkoop and 17th I believe. I'm not sure about the cuts but it won't matter....their meat quality is just solid in general. They've been around for years. Even if you get a randomly mediocre cut, they have not problem re grilling a fresh one because it does happen occasionally.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #11
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The Chop House is very good too but I wouldn't put it up there as "the best steak in denver".
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #12
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Sheeeeeet. Well, on sheer steak quality alone (we can always catch a lightrail downtown if need be), is everyone in agreement that Del Fresco's is the best around? Or is it Morton's ?
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #13
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Anyone tried Bastiens?
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #14
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Sheeeeeet. Well, on sheer steak quality alone (we can always catch a lightrail downtown if need be), is everyone in agreement that Del Fresco's is the best around? Or is it Morton's ?
Del Frisco's, Morton's or Sullivan's you can't go wrong with meat quality. Del Frisco's is a bit more of a gourmet restaurant while the other two a straight up high end steak houses so you can't go wrong with any of the three.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #15
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Anyone tried Bastiens?
Bastien's is right up the street from my house and I would rate it as the best steak for your money in town. It's not as high quality but you get a great steak for your money and it's a bit more ghetto than the other three. It's on Colfax and lives up to that genre!
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #16
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
Del Frisco's, Morton's or Sullivan's you can't go wrong with meat quality. Del Frisco's is a bit more of a gourmet restaurant while the other two a straight up high end steak houses so you can't go wrong with any of the three.
Allrighty. Coin flip in t minus 10 minutes...anyone else have some suggestions to throw into the ring?
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #17
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Allrighty. Coin flip in t minus 10 minutes...anyone else have some suggestions to throw into the ring?
Also, I checked the menus and Del Frisco's doesn't have the steak selection that Morton's does. Morton's has both Porterhouses and a Bone-In Ribeye Chicago style. That rib-eye is awesome. I've had it several times.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #18
Deuce
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 118
Default

Shanahan's gets my vote, I thought it was better than Elways.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #19
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Allright, looks like Morton's is in the lead! Last question, Duece or Hambone (or anyone else), have you been to both of those choices, and if so, which is better?
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #20
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Allright, looks like Morton's is in the lead! Last question, Duece or Hambone (or anyone else), have you been to both of those choices, and if so, which is better?
I've been to both but I didn't eat steak so I don't have an opinion. I've heard good things but nothing overwelming about their meat. A close friend of mine is in the beef industry so he's a real beef snob and the three places I'm suggesting as the best in town are his choices as well.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #21
Deuce
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 118
Default

I haven't been to Morton's or Del Frisco, but have been to all the other places mentioned and Shanahans was my favorite.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #22
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Ok, mortons it is! My tastebuds thank you in advance gentlemen, and much appreciation to your quick responses!!! I'm stoked!!
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #23
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Ok, mortons it is! My tastebuds thank you in advance gentlemen, and much appreciation to your quick responses!!! I'm stoked!!
Enjoy!
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #24
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,444

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

ruths chris(I know its a chain, but it rocks)....if you get this in time go there. cowboy bone in ribeye and wear a diaper. you will jizz on the first bite.

Last edited by OABB; 10-01-2011 at 06:18 PM..
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #25
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,753

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

First on my list is Del Frisco's
Second is Shanahans
Third is Sullivans
Fourth is Elways
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Denver Broncos