The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default Will Orton be Destroyed by Halftime this Weekend? Hello Tebow?

Does Green Bay have enough of a Defence to destroy Orton by halftime? What I mean by this really is not that I want tto see Orton hurt but may we be so far in a hole by halftime and unable to score that we actually see a different QB in the second half? The Tebow trial could start in the 3rd Qtr this weekend I think.

How crappy is it to be Quinn right now. Had some success in college went to the Browns and failed, had a chance maybe to resurrect a career here to some degree, maybe to at least get a look somewhere else, and he is caught in the middle of the biggest QB cluster **** of the decade. He isn't even on the radar, anyones radar and what little showtime he's had he choked. This will be his last season int he NFL.

Last edited by ghwk; 09-29-2011 at 04:14 PM..
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I think Orton is so desperate to win now it will finally force him to play outside of his comfort zone, especially against such a tough opponent. This is why Orton was injured last season too. He was out of rope.. he has reached the same point now as well. I juts hope he doesn't get some fluke win he doesn't deserve. That would set the Broncos back an entire season like last season when he got a couple wins early.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
myMind
splinters reality until
 
myMind's Avatar
 
We Grok

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,575

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

God I hope so...when I wake up on Sundays I am only partly excited to watch the game because I know the sloth has another mediocre performance in store for us. Sunday used to be my favorite day of the week...Orton is basically the grinch who stole Broncos football.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,000
Default

Will Orton get destroyed...

Post #3- "I hope So."

It's official, we have hit full 'tard.

TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
Mr. Elway
cakn patna
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Will Orton get destroyed...

Post #3- "I hope So."

It's official, we have hit full 'tard.
And don't forget post 2 - "I hope he doesn't win." Nice!
Mr. Elway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Elway View Post
And don't forget post 2 - "I hope he doesn't win." Nice!
Still have McGruder on iggy...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #7
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I think Orton is so desperate to win now it will finally force him to play outside of his comfort zone, especially against such a tough opponent. This is why Orton was injured last season too. He was out of rope.. he has reached the same point now as well. I juts hope he doesn't get some fluke win he doesn't deserve. That would set the Broncos back an entire season like last season when he got a couple wins early.
His comfort zone is right at $9m.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #8
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,491

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Still confident no change is made before the bye... barring injury. Clay's a beast and Orton is made of glass.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #9
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,444

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

I think he'll use his athleticism to avoid any rush and lead us to a 4th Quarter comeback victory.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #10
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Seriously, if we are down by 3 scores at the half and Orton has shown no ability to move the ball I think we see a switch.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #11
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,491

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
I think he'll use his athleticism to avoid any rush and lead us to a 4th Quarter comeback victory.
Well I'd be inclined to agree since that's an insanely accurate post, but, on the other hand, you just never know what you're gonna get with a strong-armed, down-the-field gunslinger like Orton.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Elway View Post
And don't forget post 2 - "I hope he doesn't win." Nice!
I said a FLUKE win.. like ALL Orton's wins.

I thought I explained that well - it's why the Broncos stuck with him last season in an exercise in futility - fool's gold.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #13
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I think Green Bay's defense will come out strong and hit hard, and the Packers will score some early points.

But Kyle Orton will turn the tide and change the momentum in Denver's favor, and ultimately lead a scoring drive despite the Packer's best efforts to shut him down with pressure.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #14
mkporter
Ring of Famer
 
mkporter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,675

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Still confident no change is made before the bye... barring injury. Clay's a beast and Orton is made of glass.
This. If they make the change at the bye, they can still CYA with, "We didn't want to throw him in without giving him the bye week to prepare, but we knew after week 2 we were gonna switch."
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #15
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I think Green Bay's defense will come out strong and hit hard, and the Packers will score some early points.

But Kyle Orton will turn the tide and change the momentum in Denver's favor, and ultimately lead a scoring drive despite the Packer's best efforts to shut him down with pressure.
yah. and fairies wear boots.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #16
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Goin' home, late last night
Suddenly I got a fright
Yeah I looked through a window and surprised what I saw
A fairy with boots and dancin' with a dwarf,

All right now!

Yeah, fairies wear boots and you gotta believe me
Yeah I saw it, I saw it, I tell you no lies
Yeah Fairies wear boots and you gotta believe me
I saw it, I saw it with my own two eyes,

Oh all right now!

Yeah, fairies wear boots and you gotta believe me
Yeah I saw it, I saw it, I tell you no lies
Yeah Fairies wear boots and you gotta believe me
I saw it, I saw it with my own two eyes,

All right now!

So I went to the doctor
See what he could give me
He said "Son, son, you've gone too far.
'Cause smokin' and trippin' is all that you do."
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #17
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I think Green Bay's defense will come out strong and hit hard, and the Packers will score some early points.

But Kyle Orton will turn the tide and change the momentum in Denver's favor, and ultimately lead a scoring drive despite the Packer's best efforts to shut him down with pressure.
Nice story bro
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:39 PM   #18
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,750

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

The Better Bronco Fans of America would like to remind you that Orton was the clear winner of the training camp quarterback competition. Fair and square. Serious.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #19
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,007

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
I think he'll use his athleticism to avoid any rush and lead us to a 4th Quarter comeback victory.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #20
Maximus
The Razor!
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Public Enemy #1

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Western, NY
Posts: 5,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
Does Green Bay have enough of a Defence to destroy Orton by halftime? What I mean by this really is not that I want tto see Orton hurt but may we be so far in a hole by halftime and unable to score that we actually see a different QB in the second half? The Tebow trial could start in the 3rd Qtr this weekend I think.

How crappy is it to be Quinn right now. Had some success in college went to the Browns and failed, had a chance maybe to resurrect a career here to some degree, maybe to at least get a look somewhere else, and he is caught in the middle of the biggest QB cluster **** of the decade. He isn't even on the radar, anyones radar and what little showtime he's had he choked. This will be his last season int he NFL.
I want him hurt... busted up...Mangled into tiny bits of horse ****... So, wittle wimmy webo can trot onto the field and get blasted or even better Brady Quinn comes out and HeBlows fans Gator Clap their way back to their real team!
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #21
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #22
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Do you think Orton considers himself a hero by fetaling and dinking and dunking to protect himself from getting injured because if not the dreaded Quinn or Tebow will have to play.. and he can't do that to his coaches, teammates and fans?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #23
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,491

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
The Better Bronco Fans of America would like to remind you that Orton was the clear winner of the training camp quarterback competition. Fair and square. Serious.
They would also like to remind that all is well in the FO and it is full of upstanding people of strong character and integrity. Everyone else is the liars. Serious.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #24
Powderaddict
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I want Denver to win. I want them to beat the Packers. I want all of the Broncos to play well, including Orton.

That said, if Orton stinks it up like I expect him to I hope the Tebow era starts next week. I doubt it happens till the bye, if even then.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #25
Cleo McDowell
underrated.
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I think Green Bay's defense will come out strong and hit hard, and the Packers will score some early points.

But Kyle Orton will turn the tide and change the momentum in Denver's favor until he ultimately blows another potential game changing scoring opportunity.
fify
Cleo McDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Denver Broncos