The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist

Default Von Miller Again

Yeah, yeah; both of the previous Broncos Re-Focused articles mentioned Von Miller, but if he keeps turning in noteworthy performances, well, heíll continue to be noted! Miller did get fooled by former Broncos TE Daniel Graham for a touchdown when Graham feigned staying in to block before jogging into the end zone for an easy TD reception, but that was one of the very few instances this season in which he has actually looked like a rookie, and truthfully any veteran could have been fooled by the play call. Besides that mistake, Miller made some plays in coverage, including snuffing out a screen for Britt. He also recorded a sack and again played excellent run defense. Millerís athleticism is no wonder, but his instincts and technique bely his inexperience. Interestingly enough, it has been his block-shedding, coverage skills, and awareness on the field that have been Millerís greatest strengths thus far in his young career, despite many critics proclaiming that the Broncos wasted their pick on a 4-3 SLB if they didnít intend to move him to DE or convert back to a 3-4 defense and make him a rush linebacker. SAM Ďbacker might not be the most important position on the field, but Miller has the potential to be the best at the position for years to come and already leads our 4-3 OLB rankings with a 12.6 overall grade in three games.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...titans-week-3/
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Hmm, our offensive line still sucks it says.

I dont know how accurate this is. I dont know what their metrics for grading linemen are but Beadles and Walton are the lowest ranked players in their grading system at their position in the freaking league.

Awesome.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
FISH
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yeah....what Rock said. I find the ratings for Beadles and Walton more interesting than the Miller praise (cool as it may be). I had heard some positives for them this game up until this point.
FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
Shananahan

The offensive line does still suck. Clady has played average at best and outside of Kuper going nuts last Sunday, I've seen nothing to get excited about.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

exact opposite of this analysis on the O-Line...

http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/9...he-o-line-film
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

kyle orton makes everyone suck on offense
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post

I can't read websites formatted like this without causing my eyes to bleed. What am I doing wrong?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #8
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

PFF seemed a little harsh on Walton & Beadles. We didn't have a great game running the ball, but Orton wasn't under much pressure most of the game.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:04 AM   #9
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:

Not for nothing but MHR is a Broncos centric Bleacher Report.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:41 AM   #10
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
kyle orton makes everyone suck on offense
No kidding. It's pathetic that a veteran QB needs a rookie and 2nd year OL to play very well just so he can play decent.

It works both ways, how about actually stepping away from the pressure, using a quicker release, or even attempting some intermediate passes to push the defense back to help out the OL Kyle?

Quote:
1) Sophomore Slumps

While many Broncos fans may want to pin the teamís woes on Orton, the truth is the Broncos offensive issues start up front. Orton is no Pro Bowl QB, but he can play decently when heís not under pressure. When he is under pressure, though, he can force some bad throws such as the overthrown pass to Eric Decker that resulted in Ortonís first interception against Tennessee. The Broncos offensive line needs to play better, and while rookie RT Orlando Franklinís struggles are to be expected, the time is now for the Broncos two second-year offensive linemen. LG Zane Beadles and C J.D. Walton earned -3.8 and -3.9 overall grades respectively for their efforts Sunday, leaving them the lowest-ranked players at their respective positions in our grading for the season. Having one lineman that is the lowest-ranked player at his position is a setback, but having two is a major problem. This team isnít going to get better until its O-line does.
fontaine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:47 AM   #11
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Not for nothing but MHR is a Broncos centric Bleacher Report.
yes but the guy that wrote that, writes for another site. He just reposted it there.

I'll fully admit I am clueless on Line play so I'd defer to the Med's and other guru's here first.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:02 AM   #12
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

So according to this guy our lineman averaged a grade of 85.3 out of 100, but McGahee only rushed for 52 yards on 22 carries (2.4ypc) and got stuffed three consecutive times from the 1 yard line with the game on the line.

The guy that wrote the article is a Chefs fan. But dont fret, he was a defensive coordinator for a high school team once so he knows his stuff.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:16 AM   #13
vonqkilla

ĒMinus the goal line stand, we were 2-for-2. So, we're improving. Now it's just getting the sense of urgency and getting everybody to do it right, and then I think you'll start seeing 35 points on the board rather than 23." - Neckbeard

Are you kidding me you fraudulent journeyman joke of a qb.

Since when are we 2 for 2, well except for that one... Who says that?

& when did we put up 23 effing pts?

This dude and dove valley are spinning lies or drunk, ko is so delusional about his skill level, just wow. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19000691
Old 09-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #14
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:

I remember reading that thinking "Oh boy, this is going to cause a stir once we get a non-homer analysis by others"

What do you know, Beadles and Walton show up as awful.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #15
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

the oline scoring low on some stupid websites rankings? Oh no!!! Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but this oline has 1 rookie, 2 second year players and 2 seasoned vets. This is the first year they've all played together at these positions too, AND (try to stay with me on this one because it's super complicated) they are in a new offense.

this oline will take a little bit of time to fully gel but they are getting better.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:48 AM   #16
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I can't read websites formatted like this without causing my eyes to bleed. What am I doing wrong?
Probably fapping too much.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote