The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default NEW BOOK: Floyd Little's Promises to Keep!

Floyd Little and I have teamed up for another book, Promises to Keep, due out Sept 1.

To say Floyd was candid in this book is to say Howard Cosell was chatty.

He speaks about everything in his incredible life's journey to Canton and beyond and leaves no stone unturned.

Let's just say, this book will definitely get some national attention. He also talks a lot about today's Broncos, Peyton Manning, John Elway and John Fox.

You can pre-order it here: http://www.amazon.com/Promises-Keep-.../dp/1600787533
The Moops is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Way cool, Thanks for the heads up and the link. I will pre order and keep it next to my other Floyd Little book once it has been read.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Excellent Tom!

Looking forward to another good read about Floyd!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You're welcome, Steven. The publishers put together a fan page on FB. I believe they sent you an invite.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

We seem to have 2 authors at the Mane but I think you win on personality points. Hope this is a good one and the fact he is now a HOFer is big time points. So who will be doing the press stuff, you or Floyd?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moops View Post
You're welcome, Steven. The publishers put together a fan page on FB. I believe they sent you an invite.
Thanks Tom, I just saw that and liked it!

Can't wait, perfect timing with Football season coming up!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
We seem to have 2 authors at the Mane but I think you win on personality points. Hope this is a good one and the fact he is now a HOFer is big time points. So who will be doing the press stuff, you or Floyd?
There are a couple other authors here but the other ones don't write about Floyd.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #8
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The publisher, Triumph books, will be doing the marketing. I am working with members of their staff to promote via social media...

Floyd will be in Denver in September for the launch of his book, which comes out Sept 1st. I will be here also for the first few signings.

Right now Denver signings will include Barnes & Noble and Tattered Book Cover. There wil be more signings at other venues as well. More info on the way!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #9
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Enjoying the Facebook stuff they are sending out.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Cool. Let me know any suggestions of things you would like to see on Floyd's Promises to Keep FB page
Old 07-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #11
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Announcement: Floyd (and I) will be in Denver the week of September 17th...

One of the book signings will be at Tattered Book Cover.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #12
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Scratch that. Floyd's first signing in Denver has been rescheduled for Oct 15th-18th.

By then, his book Promises to Keep will be a must read!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #13
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It's official: Floyd Little will be in Denver the week of October 15-18 signing copies of his new book Promises to Keep.

Floyd's first signing will be Monday, October 15, 7:30 pm at the Tattered Cover Book Store at 1628 16th St., downtown Denver!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #14
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

My exclusive interview with Floyd Little about his new life and his upcoming book: Promises to Keep!

http://bit.ly/OjVQxm
Old 07-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #15
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Whoops, that was my AFC Camp Primer!

Here is the new interview with Floyd about his book!

http://www.truegridiron.com/featuredstory.html
Old 07-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #16
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moops View Post
Whoops, that was my AFC Camp Primer!

Here is the new interview with Floyd about his book!

http://www.truegridiron.com/featuredstory.html
Can't wait to read this!

Love that Floyd is finally getting honored, I am glad he is seeing them in his lifetime.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #17
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yup, as Floyd says he was fortunate to be "alive and still standing" at his HOF induction, "not watching down from above."

A little PREVIEW for you: In Floyd's new book, just some of the topics he does not hold back on: Tebow, Elway, John Fox, Peyton, the Ring of Fame, the Hall of Fame, Bounties, Syracuse football, Jim Brown, Curtis Martin, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Cookie Gilchrist, and more ....
Old 07-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #18
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Here's my recent interview with Floyd (for those who hate to click on links!)

Catching up with Broncos Hall of Famer, author, Floyd Little

By Tom Mackie

Broncos Hall of Famer Floyd Little is a busy man. The Franchise, a true American hero born on Independence Day, just turned 70-years young. But he still looks like he could romp 80 yards for a TD. True to his trademark running style, Floyd spent most of the past month zigzagging across the country to celebrate his birthday, with his wife and children in LA and Washington, DC., then attended a good friendís birthday to boot. There was also a family reunion, and next week Floyd heads back to Canton for enshrinement weekend, as the Hall welcomes 6 new members.

Floyd also has a new book coming out, Promises to Keep, on Sept. 1st thatís guaranteed to get national attention. It chronicles his lifeís journey from Syracuse to Denver to Canton and beyond. While most men his age are retired, Floydís never been known for taking things slow. Last year, he accepted his dream job. He returned to Syracuse as the Special Assistant to the Athletic Director. With his new book coming out and the college football season getting underway, I caught up with my childhood idol before he was off again!

Q: Just like the name of the feature written about you for Pro! Magazine when I was a kid, Whatís a day in the life of Floyd Little like these days?

Haha. All I can say is I am truly blessed. I get up every morning and feel like I won the lottery. I have a beautiful wife, 3 incredible children and 4 precious grandchildren that are my whole world. Plus, I have the greatest job in the world at Syracuse where I get to speak and motivate a cadre of college students, great young men and women, every single day. Inspiring young people has always been my calling. As a player I was honored by winning the Brian Piccolo award and Byron Whizzer White Award for humanitarian service. I was also hand-picked by then-Colorado Governor John Love to be his special assistant. Now Iíve come full circle and try to influence the lives of Syracuse students each day.

Q: Youíve also picked up a few honors the past couple years, in addition to finally being enshrined in Canton, of course!

Thatís right. Last fall my hometown, New Haven, Connecticut, named their new athletic center after me Ė just a few feet from where I had been an All-State running back at James Hillhouse High School. Then in January, 2012, I was honored with the Walter Camp Distinguished American Award. The best part about both of those honors was I got to deliver speeches, to kids at both events. And at the Walter Camp ceremony, I spoke to college football All-Americans like Andrew Luck and coaches like LSUís Les Miles. I told players and coaches that itís great that they are game-changers. But to really make a difference I implored them to become life-changers. To use their platform to help change kidsí lives. To be more than just role models, to get involved.

Q: Speaking of honors, what does it feel like now that you are finally where you belong Ė a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame?

Funny, thatís what Jim Brown tells me whenever I see him. He will just smile, squeeze my shoulder and say, ďFloyd, you are where you belong.Ē Coming from Jim, the greatest who ever played, that means the world. But I would have to say the biggest thing about being a Hall of Famer is itís given me a bigger platform to give back to the community, to get my message out to young people. To tell them: stay in school, surround yourself with positive people, set a goal and come up with a game plan to achieve that goal, and never, ever listen to the naysayers. Also, the one thing that I love about being a Hall of Famer is that now that Iím part of the ultimate team, they canít cut you, fire you, or trade you. Thatís an incredible feeling.

Q: In 2006, you authored your first book, the extremely popular Tales from the Broncos Sideline. Now, 6 years later, you have a new book due out Sept 1: Promises to Keep. What can fans expect from your new book?

Well, I really poured my heart into this book. I decided that at my age, it was important that I was truly honest about my feelings on a lot of issues. I was candid about a number of things that will surprise the heck out of some folks. But what the book is really about is the importance of keeping your word. In my day, your word was your bond. It was everything. I think thatís kinda gotten lost these days. The title is based on my life-long promise to someone I loved dearly. A promise I made that changed my life forever. A promise that motivated me to make a difference in my life and in the lives of others.

Q: So, who did you make this incredible promise to?

(laughs). Oh, no, no. Youíre not going to get me to spill that. Youíre going to have to buy the book and find out Ö You dirty dog!

Click below now to pre-order Floyd Littleís book, Promises to Keep http://www.amazon.com/Promises-Keep-...omises+to+keep

#

Last edited by The Moops; 07-28-2012 at 07:55 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #19
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The publisher, Triumph Books, set up a Facebook Page for Floyd's book.

If you like Floyd and appreciate his impact to the Broncos organization as the guy who helped lay the foundation ... keeping the team in Denver when they were ready to move to Birmingham, AL (Atlanta or Chicago too) ... then give it up Floyd and go "Like" the page!

http://www.facebook.com/PromisesToKeepFloydLittle

The site is also filled with some cool pics and stories about Floyd and other Broncos from his day.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #20
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

One more month to go before the book comes out!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #21
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What could be better than a copy of Promises to Keep by Floyd Little?

A signed copy! Join Floyd (and me) at these upcoming events:

9/7/12 at Bookends Bookstore at 7 pm in Ridgewood, NJ

10/15/12 at Tattered Cover Book Store at 7:30 pm in Denver, CO

More will be announced soon! Where do you want them to do a signing?
Old 08-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #22
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Just got my advanced copy of Promises to Keep. The Jacket design is really cool with a pic of Floyd wearing his Broncos orange pants on the cover (in a game at Soldier field against the Bears) and on the back is a cool color pic from his Syracuse days wearing that old white plastic facemask from his sophomore year. The ultimate throwback pic!

I'm really happy with the way the book turned out. There will be some national press I assure you because Floyd let it all hang out! He told me at the time, "I'm going to be 70 years old soon (July 4) and I'm too old to just sweep things that have bothered me under the rug."

Again, the book is due out Sept 1 but available for preorder now: http://www.amazon.com/Promises-Keep-.../dp/1600787533
Old 08-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #23
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Syracuse Post-Standard talks about Floyd Little's New Book: Promises to Keep! Nice peek inside the book ...

http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/ind...e_more_th.html
Old 08-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #24
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Sneak peek: In Floyd's new book he talks about Peyton Manning, Tim Tebow, John Fox, John Elway and his candid take on the Broncos entire organization.

He also discusses RGIII, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck and Bounties.

http://www.facebook.com/PromisesToKeepFloydLittle
Old 08-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #25
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

On top of the list of players he discusses, Tebow-Sanchez, Peyton, etc., Floyd shares an incredible personal run-in with one of the biggest media people in football. Wait till this hits the wire!

http://www.amazon.com/Promises-Keep-.../dp/1600787533