The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
DrFate
Lord of Order

Default Everyone stay calm

No one is happy about the record. But I ask everyone to remember:

1) the 2011 draft, put together by this front office, is generally considered a GOOD draft by this board - and it takes more than three games to go from a flag football offense to the run game that Fox is going for.

2) the team lacks playmakers on offense - Orton is a soul-sucking pile of fail, but to be fair - there isn't anyone at the skill positions that keeps defensive coaches up at night. While Miller is a playmaker on defense, I am betting this group takes his offensive equivalent on offense next draft.

3) I think the goal is steady, disciplined style of ball - no dumb penalties, try to establish the run, stop the run, don't give up big plays. The needs are across the board - QB, Oline, Dline, skill positions, secondary, you name it. But I'm not sure THIS GROUP OF PLAYERS could be doing much more than they are

4) at least Fox isn't secretly taping the opposition (that we know of)

5) I can't explain the Tebow on the bench thing

Ok - start throwing rocks at one another
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

WE FINALLY HAVE A PUNTER!
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Smarter, tougher, disciplined, football who wouldn't want it
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

fact is this team does have enough talent to win and they are well coached, the bummer is that this team is hooking it's wagon to Orton and we all know that Orton is a subpar QB who refuses to win games in crunch time. He's the opposite of what a good QB is but the front office and Fox simply refuse to adjust. It's like they are force feeding fail down the throats of the fans and the fans aren't happy.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
FISH
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

When both D Thomas and J. Thomas are back playing football...we will have offensive threats again. Threats that will open B.Loyd back up (he still doesn't seem healthy to me) and Decker...they will have to pick their poison. These guys will make Orton look good...double edged sword I guess
FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Go **** yourself.

We have a front office giving away games because of incompetence. Fox, Xanders, and Ellis need to go. Is it really possible that we just hired the two worst coaches in franchise history, back to back? Is this some kind of cruel joke after getting rid of the best coach in franchise history?
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #7
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

"Getting better" and "Stay calm" are the new Jehovah

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:38 AM   #8
DrFate
Lord of Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH View Post
When both D Thomas and J. Thomas are back playing football...we will have offensive threats again. Threats that will open B.Loyd back up (he still doesn't seem healthy to me) and Decker...they will have to pick their poison. These guys will make Orton look good...double edged sword I guess
I'm trying to be positive and even I can't get behind the above. Sorry friend. I doubt D Thomas ever is the same guy again after the achilles. And I can't put any hopes on a guy who has never caught an NFL pass in J Thomas.

Another year of drafting/FA and maybe we'll have some players.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #9
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

I'm going to save a boatload on wine and cheese this year.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #10
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

yeah, everyone stay calm...this guy is still the starting QB

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #11
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Go **** yourself.

We have a front office giving away games because of incompetence. Fox, Xanders, and Ellis need to go. Is it really possible that we just hired the two worst coaches in franchise history, back to back? Is this some kind of cruel joke after getting rid of the best coach in franchise history?
sigh.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #12
DrFate
Lord of Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
yeah, everyone stay calm...this guy is still the starting QB
but likely not for much longer
Old 09-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #13
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Good post. I am surprisingly not as bummed about this loss as I usually am. I saw a good football team oout there yesterday. I didnt like the playcalling on the 1 at all though.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #14
EmpireOrange
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFate View Post
No one is happy about the record. But I ask everyone to remember:

1) the 2011 draft, put together by this front office, is generally considered a GOOD draft by this board - and it takes more than three games to go from a flag football offense to the run game that Fox is going for.

2) the team lacks playmakers on offense - Orton is a soul-sucking pile of fail, but to be fair - there isn't anyone at the skill positions that keeps defensive coaches up at night. While Miller is a playmaker on defense, I am betting this group takes his offensive equivalent on offense next draft.

3) I think the goal is steady, disciplined style of ball - no dumb penalties, try to establish the run, stop the run, don't give up big plays. The needs are across the board - QB, Oline, Dline, skill positions, secondary, you name it. But I'm not sure THIS GROUP OF PLAYERS could be doing much more than they are

4) at least Fox isn't secretly taping the opposition (that we know of)

5) I can't explain the Tebow on the bench thing

Ok - start throwing rocks at one another
Good points, all; however, I am going to wait until at least week 8 or 9 before I say this team is improving and moving in the right direction. I remember last year, around the Jets game, I was encouraged with keeping games close and winnable, but by the end of the year the team wasn't even competitive. If the Broncos are keeping games close through out the year, I'll say we are moving in the right direction. Until I see them stay at least competitive through an entire season - not just through week 4 - I can't say it however.
EmpireOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #15
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Name:  tumblr_lqv0jqzpjz1qibtyp.gif
Views: 383
Size:  486.4 KB

Name:  tumblr_lqhdx2WE3Q1qligg0.gif
Views: 372
Size:  445.7 KB
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #16
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

I dont think we've regressed in any area outside of QB

Its nice to see the defense doing better
Defense has played well enough to win in every game so far

Offense is bad, but I guess one way of looking at it as most of it seems due to 3 players(Orton, Beadles, Walton)

Its possible we get rid of them and our offense takes a jump
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #17
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Go **** yourself.

Are we really going to have to sit through this same **** from you again?
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #18
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
Are we really going to have to sit through this same **** from you again?
Only until we get a competent front office or people stop arguing that horrible **** for this franchise is actually good...
Old 09-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #19
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Go **** yourself.

Think calm, safe, and happy. Pretend you are in a TSA screening line.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #20
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Think calm, safe, and happy. Pretend you are in a TSA screening line.
Are you still upset with those? Even though the body scanner is gone? Really?

How pathetic.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #21
DrFate
Lord of Order

Quote:
Only until we get a competent front office
I'm not sure what you would do different TODAY if you could, JHNS. I don't think you can just fire Fox after 3 games (and be paying what, 4 coaches?)

And you'd never get another HC to sign a contract after that fiasco - you'd have to hire a HS coach and hope he'd take a payday. Did you think the 2011 draft was a bad one?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #22
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFate View Post
I'm not sure what you would do different TODAY if you could, JHNS. I don't think you can just fire Fox after 3 games (and be paying what, 4 coaches?)

And you'd never get another HC to sign a contract after that fiasco - you'd have to hire a HS coach and hope he'd take a payday. Did you think the 2011 draft was a bad one?
A HS coach would be more competent on game days than Fox...

I think the draft was good. I think the defense has improved and the special yeams are playing well. I think Fox is giving away games with horrible decisions(like going for that fourth). I think he isn't even attempting to use proven weapons, which is giving games away. I think his bs about Orton being the best option, along with his history at the QB position, highlights his incompetence.

No coach should be giving away games like this at this level. I'm almost convinced they want to suck for Luck, which is unacceptable to me. I would have no problem with a 1-2 record if it looed like we still just needed more talent. This isn't why we are losing to bad teams though. We are losing because of the coaches decisions.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #23
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

jhns = bones

http://captkozmo.proboards.com/index...ay&thread=3909
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #24
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

I agree with most of the reasonable posts on here.

There have been people mentioning the need for speed on offense, and playmakers. I typically ignore them, because I am a supporter of conservative offense and nasty defense style teams. I'm starting to turn though. We do need some gamebreakers, and some guys that refuse to lose. As good as Loyd was last year, his effort really isn't there. With out a running game we can't afford to have guys dropping slant passes that hit their palms. That is our running game right now.

The bend don't break defense can be frustrating, but that's still an improvement over the last few seasons.

We need some turnovers though. Von Miller's fumble was sweet, we need more of that. Denver isn't allowing a lot of points, but they aren't giving the offense a lot of possessions or great field position either.

Our special teams are the best they have look in as ling as I can remember. The busted punt play was just another one of those crappy things that didn't go our way. Our coverage and returns have been better than solid. This is reason for optimism I think.

One penalty (and a blown one at that, there was no facemask)....that is huge. If Denver only had one penalty against the raiders, I'm pretty sure they win.

There are quite a few positives to build on
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #25
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
A HS coach would be more competent on game days than Fox...

I think the draft was good. I think the defense has improved and the special yeams are playing well. I think Fox is giving away games with horrible decisions(like going for that fourth). I think he isn't even attempting to use proven weapons, which is giving games away. I think his bs about Orton being the best option, along with his history at the QB position, highlights his incompetence.

No coach should be giving away games like this at this level. I'm almost convinced they want to suck for Luck, which is unacceptable to me. I would have no problem with a 1-2 record if it looed like we still just needed more talent. This isn't why we are losing to bad teams though. We are losing because of the coaches decisions.
Seriously, stop worrying so much. There is good news in all of this. I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.