The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default New, official talking points from Dove Valley

Ahh. Wonderful. The newest talking points from the Broncos - Kyle Orton won the game last week for us, it was his leadership that resulted in our win.

Two weeks, two ratings in the bottom third of the ESPN total QBR ratings.

Curtsey CBS anchors (who always deliver whatever the line of the day is from each team).

As a side note, I think Orton and Decker will do well today, but to call Kyle's performance last week as "winning the game for us" is inane.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
bamanjam
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nashville, Tn
Posts: 200

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

Steve Tasker is an idiot...
bamanjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

The Broncos defense won that game.

Orton holds the ball too long and doesnt always make good decisions. The fumble was entirely his fault for not tightening his drop and then holding the ball too long.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,425
Default

I'd say the bengals gave that game away....
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #5
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,213

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I'd say the bengals gave that game away....
This.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I'd say the bengals gave that game away....
no doubt
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,989

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I'd say the bengals gave that game away....
Definitely. And this isn't even about just Orton. It's about McGahee running out of bounds. It's Decker's fumble, the defense giving up a long TD right after a big sack, etc.

We tried so hard to give that game away. It was ridiculous, actually.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:33 AM   #8
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
 
Steve Sewell's Avatar
 
Patrick and Ty's pimp

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,620

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers
Default

Kyle Orton getting outplayed for the 3rd consecutive week.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #9
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
Kyle Orton getting outplayed for the 3rd consecutive week.
He could start against CSU and be outplayed.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #10
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Ahh. Wonderful. The newest talking points from the Broncos - Kyle Orton won the game last week for us, it was his leadership that resulted in our win.

Two weeks, two ratings in the bottom third of the ESPN total QBR ratings.

Curtsey CBS anchors (who always deliver whatever the line of the day is from each team).

As a side note, I think Orton and Decker will do well today, but to call Kyle's performance last week as "winning the game for us" is inane.
Ooops….Orton has thrown another red zone TD...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #11
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,340

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

It's not an exaggeration to say that Orton was a significant contributor to us winning that game.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #12
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,227

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I'd say the bengals gave that game away....
The Bengals would have needed to be winning at some point in the game to actually give the game away.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #13
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
It's not an exaggeration to say that Orton was a significant contributor to us winning that game.
And today Smurf?

We had ONE penalty and Orton ****ed the game away.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:01 PM   #14
bamanjam
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nashville, Tn
Posts: 200

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

The play call on 4th and goal was HORRENDOUS!!!! Unreal!!! That lost the game...
bamanjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #15
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,202

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Orton played just well enoughto keep us in the game. But when it came down to winning it he was not able to. The play calling was also REALLY bad.

The 3 runs on the Goal line and going for it on 4th down was absolutley stupid in this game.

As for Orton, HOW MANY balls did he get batted at the line today...?
It was a lot.

I thought it was significant that they also mentioned Ortons "tell" on screen passes..that he backs up when its a screen and runs away froim the line when its not. Good pickup by the commentators...so why haven't our coaches spotted it?

Frankly, the D played well enough to win, but the Offense with Orton is not able to answer...He can only make plays if he has the perfect pocket that keeps the D line far enough away that he can both see over the line and has throwing lanes open.

Overall the coaching decisions lost this game today. Orton was just a part of it.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #16
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Orton played just well enoughto keep us in the game. But when it came down to winning it he was not able to. The play calling was also REALLY bad.

The 3 runs on the Goal line and going for it on 4th down was absolutley stupid in this game.

As for Orton, HOW MANY balls did he get batted at the line today...?
It was a lot.

I thought it was significant that they also mentioned Ortons "tell" on screen passes..that he backs up when its a screen and runs away froim the line when its not. Good pickup by the commentators...so why haven't our coaches spotted it?

Frankly, the D played well enough to win, but the Offense with Orton is not able to answer...He can only make plays if he has the perfect pocket that keeps the D line far enough away that he can both see over the line and has throwing lanes open.

Overall the coaching decisions lost this game today. Orton was just a part of it.
I generally agree, but Orton made several plays without a perfect pocket. Decker had a key missed assignment and Fells dropped an easy one early. There are other factors to execution beside Orton.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #17
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

I think Orton showed his true colors today, and those colors are not ones you want anywhere near your starting NFL QB!!
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #18
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
No avatar is the new avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,554

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default

Orton > god
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #19
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,202

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
I generally agree, but Orton made several plays without a perfect pocket. Decker had a key missed assignment and Fells dropped an easy one early. There are other factors to execution beside Orton.
Agreed , but we simply don't have the talent on the field to overcome mistakes made by the QB, as well as the ones made by inexpereinced receivers, etc. He does give us the most consistancy in level of play at QB of the three, but his inability to elevate his game is where the coaches have erred in playing him. What we have seen is the best that he can do by himself, with an inconsistent team around him.

I do believe that he really tries....he just isn't good enough in most situations to lead the team. He tries to act like Peyton back behind the line, barking out who the mike is and such, but the rest of the team either doesn't get his reads or he doesn't get the point across effectively. Tenessee practically gave us the two TDs today with their penalties, yet we still could only score 14 points. We need another threat in the backfield that has to be accounted for.

There will be some backlash against Fox for the 4th down GL call in the media this week. The storm is starting to build, and another couple of losses and we may see a change at QB. Fox and Elway are being stubborn, but eventually they will make a change when the team starts to grumble.

The bulk of this loss is still on the coaches.

as for the rest...The special teams played very well today ( except for the punt run that Kern made , but that was a busted play).

Defense played very well (against the run). We need to hope that Champ and Doom can get back so the pass D improves or everyone will just keep picking on the secondary and LBs .

The next two weeks could be UGLY.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #20
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious
Default

orton gets alot passes batted down
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #21
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer
 
Broncos4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
I think Orton showed his true colors today, and those colors are not ones you want anywhere near your starting NFL QB!!
Yes.... But you and everyone else needs to understand that he gives the Broncos the best chance to win.... I don't buy that, and I never will....
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #22
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer
 
missingnumber7's Avatar
 
GO Bison Kick OU

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bismarck
Posts: 4,721

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
And today Smurf?

We had ONE penalty and Orton ****ed the game away.
I call BS...we had one flag thrown against us...wasn't a penalty...and its more than just Orton screwing the pooch...Fox is just as much to blame for 2 reasons...1 kick the friggen FG and 2 decline the procedure with 139 left, it become 2nd down instead of another 1st down and more time off the clock...he declines the penalty...we get teh ball back with between 15 and 20 seconds left.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #23
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
And today Smurf?

We had ONE penalty and Orton ****ed the game away.
I don't think you get it. When we win it's because of Orton. When we lose it's because of everyone but Orton.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #24
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
I call BS...we had one flag thrown against us...wasn't a penalty...and its more than just Orton screwing the pooch...Fox is just as much to blame for 2 reasons...1 kick the friggen FG and 2 decline the procedure with 139 left, it become 2nd down instead of another 1st down and more time off the clock...he declines the penalty...2. we get teh ball back with between 15 and 20 seconds left.
1. We had a lead and our defense to that point had played very well. It was the correct call to make to have TN go 99 yards if we did not get the TD.

2. You have more faith in Orton than I do.


Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #25
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I don't think you get it. When we win it's because of Orton. When we lose it's because of everyone but Orton.
This happens in the UK.

Andy Murray is a tennis pro from Scotland. When he does badly, the UK media calls him Scottish, when he is doing well, he's British.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:57 PM.


Denver Broncos