The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default 'Mane, is it really quiet around here?

I have never seen so much inactivity on this site during a preseason let alone during game week.

Has the enthusiasm for the team waned? We have a new coach after the last one was a disaster and the front office is led by the biggest sports hero in the state's history, yet, this place just seems incredibly lifeless.

Is it the QB?

Is it being lied to by said hero? (the QB situation promoted on season tickets, the DT promises, the utter condescension in last week's tweet about "I'd have been benched after one game")

Just waiting for 2012?

Sick of Ag, Alpha and OABB's Tebow crush?

database errors occuring too often?

What is it? This place feels like a ghost town ad we play in 36 hours while sitting with a record of 1 and 1.

Well?

Oh, and annoyed by the thread?
Here's Wilfred.

Last edited by Dagmar; 09-23-2011 at 11:20 PM..
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Database error pissing me off when i post something long and it is gonzo. Also, it is Friday night and everyone is getting drunk at a bar, getting cock blocked or going to bed.....like I am doing now. Kids soccer early game and I am taking my Viocodin for a nice sleep without knee or shoulder pain. Have a good one and sorry no others are playing.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

It's because you know you are stuck without a QB next year when the Chiefs get Andrew Luck.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:32 PM   #4
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

****'s broke
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #5
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Database error pissing me off when i post something long and it is gonzo. Also, it is Friday night and everyone is getting drunk at a bar, getting cock blocked or going to bed.....like I am doing now. Kids soccer early game and I am taking my Viocodin for a nice sleep without knee or shoulder pain. Have a good one and sorry no others are playing.
Well, the whole week has been quiet, but I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering the database error.

Spanner in the works TJ?
Old 09-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #6
schaaf

I'm just lookin for some p***Y!
Old 09-24-2011, 12:12 AM   #7
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

I guess I missed the fallout because there aren't as many "people" here anymore...
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:13 AM   #8
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I'm tired of Orton apologists and Tebow mancrushers. I am tired of seeing faider and chief fan threads. I am tired of the same circular arguments. I am tired of being told that bad QB play is not really bad QB play by experts. Thanks. I am glad I need to be told what I am seeing now for 2 full seasons and 2 games. I am tired of hearing arguments about McDaniels. The guy is gone. Deal in the now, its much healthier. I get a little peeved at the "player X is hurt. He is a bust" bull**** that litters nearly any thread discussing our young players, or our established "big money" players.

If we were meant to have Dez Bryant or Ed REEEEEEEEEEEEED or Steven Jackson or Brian Orakpo...we would have drafted them. The maddenization of the fanbase is driving me ****ing crazy. The season is paradoxically long and way too short at the same time. 16 games is a long (or short) time to spend arguing the same beat to death limp dick argument. And spare me the "this is the mane, this is how it is..." no it isnt. This place used to be quite different.

Dont get me started on the ridiculous double standard in the "speaking of butts" thread...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:22 AM   #9
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I'm tired of Orton apologists and Tebow mancrushers. I am tired of seeing faider and chief fan threads. I am tired of the same circular arguments. I am tired of being told that bad QB play is not really bad QB play by experts. Thanks. I am glad I need to be told what I am seeing now for 2 full seasons and 2 games. I am tired of hearing arguments about McDaniels. The guy is gone. Deal in the now, its much healthier. I get a little peeved at the "player X is hurt. He is a bust" bull**** that litters nearly any thread discussing our young players, or our established "big money" players.

If we were meant to have Dez Bryant or Ed REEEEEEEEEEEEED or Steven Jackson or Brian Orakpo...we would have drafted them. The maddenization of the fanbase is driving me ****ing crazy. The season is paradoxically long and way too short at the same time. 16 games is a long (or short) time to spend arguing the same beat to death limp dick argument. And spare me the "this is the mane, this is how it is..." no it isnt. This place used to be quite different.

Dont get me started on the ridiculous double standard in the "speaking of butts" thread...

Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:27 AM   #10
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Pretty much how I feel.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:32 AM   #11
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Pretty much how I feel.
What's wrong with the speaking of butts thread?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:45 AM   #12
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:

The polarization ("Tebow thing") has resulted in personal attacks to the point that posting anything at all might as well equal the online equivalent of taping a "Kick Me" sign on one's own posterior.

We have people coming in here dissing John Elway... some of whom appear to have absolutely no idea what he has meant to this franchise. Many of the same posters have little to no knowledge of Broncos history (wouldn't have the slightest clue who Floyd Little was...or why he's in the HOF) and care nothing about the Broncos; only the Gators and/or Tim Tebow.

The issue as I see it is a lack of basic common courtesy and/or respect for opinions that may not be a carbon copy of one's own. Intolerance, hostility and insults aren't generally the optimal means of winning others over to one's own ideas, perspectives and opinions.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:45 AM   #13
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

You lookin at me?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dom Casual

Quote:

that about sums it up. good post my brother.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:10 AM   #14
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Pretty much the best summary of the past two years on this site. Especially the bolded statement. Back in the day with Tecmo Bowl you could run for 850 yards in one game as Bobby Humphrey (see the Madden thread if you don't know what I'm talking about), but you consciously KNEW that's not possible. Nowadays people play Madden and go 16-0 and trade 2 seventh round picks and a backup lineman for the first overall pick and all the sudden they're real life draft gurus.

When you criticize the US, people say "if you don't like it, GTFO". Well, this is a pretty good example on a much smaller scale of what happens when people actually follow through with it. Lower traffic from quality posters, and all the crazies coming out on the polar opposite ends of the spectrum.

Those of you that know me from CyberHigh know that that's a big reason that site died. A lot of other reasons added to it, but when the inmates are allowed to run the asylum, things can turn ugly real quick.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:19 AM   #15
Punisher
Styling And Profiling!

Running Wild in the AFC WOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

The team sucks i guess sucking for like 5 years will draw fans away from the site and the stadium.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:39 AM   #16
KO5K

1. I would say I've definitely lost some of my enthusiasm for the team largely because this is the first year in a long time that I've known we aren't fighting for the playoffs from week 1.

2. Everything turns into an argument about the QBs and it's always the same argument.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:18 AM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
1. I would say I've definitely lost some of my enthusiasm for the team largely because this is the first year in a long time that I've known we aren't fighting for the playoffs from week 1.

2. Everything turns into an argument about the QBs and it's always the same argument.

I sort of knew last yr more then this yr we weren't going anywhere. Doom gone etc etc. But your second though not hit the nail on the head, it drove the nail straight through the board all the way to muthfauking china
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:23 AM   #18
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Still though when Broncos start to play I am transfixed watching, it's just that talking football is few and far between on here now. I can remember about 10 thousand posts ago having page after page on defensive line techniques, route trees, great players of the past and how their techniques match or are different then some other player blah blah.

Now it is mostly people feeling the yr is unwatchable and nothing else worth talking about until Orton is gone. ORTON ORTON ORTON when really other players on the team play far worst then him.

I am excited to watch Tebow run around at some point, but calling for it every week, being obsessed with Tebow is getting to be a drag. I almost wish we could trade him.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:39 AM   #19
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post

wow....didnt know we were already eliminated from the playoffs

that sucks
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:26 AM   #20
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

In addition to all of the above, a small part of the blame is that what TJ wants this place to be - a free for all.

Last edited by ColoradoDarin; 09-24-2011 at 08:53 PM..
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:06 AM   #21
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Sounds to me like you don like football. This bs has been going on and will be going on forever.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:06 AM   #22
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:

Old 09-24-2011, 07:11 AM   #23
DrFate
Lord of Order

I think most of the above posts are accurate, but I believe it boils down to lack of fan excitement in THIS team and THIS front office. Do you feel the front office has the team moving in the right direction? Are these guys a bunch you can root for? My answer is - no.

There was an ESPN bit this morning about the 'no-name Bills' - that's a bunch of guys you can root for. How many people can get excited about 'I don't care what the fans think' Orton or glass-jaw Moreno? This crew gets on the field and you just wait for them to give the game away like (assuming they don't get blown out from the start). I think players like Miller can turn this franchise back into one that excites people, but it will take time.

You can lay the blame at any number of people's feet.
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #24
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

I think Sir-81 nailed it. There was always fights but it now there are 2 sides pro-this player or group and you rarely get good discussions going without someone hijacking the thread...
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:22 AM   #25
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFate View Post
I think most of the above posts are accurate, but I believe it boils down to lack of fan excitement in THIS team and THIS front office. Do you feel the front office has the team moving in the right direction? Are these guys a bunch you can root for? My answer is - no.

There was an ESPN bit this morning about the 'no-name Bills' - that's a bunch of guys you can root for. How many people can get excited about 'I don't care what the fans think' Orton or glass-jaw Moreno? This crew gets on the field and you just wait for them to give the game away like (assuming they don't get blown out from the start). I think players like Miller can turn this franchise back into one that excites people, but it will take time.

You can lay the blame at any number of people's feet.
It's amazing that it's a new regime, 2 games in and everyone's Broncos hero is part of it. I don't think it's the Orton vs Tebow thing (even thought that sparks the most debate), I think it's a combination of all of the lies they told us since Elway and Fox took over.

Lets all draw a stickman. http://www.drawastickman.com/index.h...s76-111-108-46