The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer
 
LetsGoBroncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,559
Default Ayers

Thought he played his best game yet. Drew 2 holding calls, and played that fourth and one PERFECTLY
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,519
Default

what else was he going to do on that 4th and 1?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,072

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

My seats are up high from the end-zones and give the coaches viewpoint and I really focused in on the DL yesterday - Ayers was an animal. Not only was he drawing holding calls but (while Allen was dropping Miller into coverage a majority of the game for some reason) forced Cincy to double team him nearly all game.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
what else was he going to do on that 4th and 1?
He could have bit on the playaction, and also could have hesitated and left his feet anticipating a throw from Dalton. Ayers played that perfectly, IMO.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #5
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,440

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Ayers did have a nice game yesterday. In addition to the 4th down stop, he was the guy that made the play on 3rd and 1 in the first half. I think it was Mays who got the tackle, but Ayers was the one who blew the play up by driving his man 3 yards into the backfield.

There were a couple of other plays where I took note that he was disruptive. Hopefully it's the start of an uptrend in his play.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #6
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Throw your hands up for Robert Ay-Ay-Ay Ayers Ay-Ay-Ay Ayers.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #7
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
 
Steve Sewell's Avatar
 
Patrick and Ty's pimp

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Ayers did have a nice game yesterday. In addition to the 4th down stop, he was the guy that made the play on 3rd and 1 in the first half. I think it was Mays who got the tackle, but Ayers was the one who blew the play up by driving his man 3 yards into the backfield.

There were a couple of other plays where I took note that he was disruptive. Hopefully it's the start of an uptrend in his play.
That was Miller who made that play. Assuming you are referring to the one where Benson was forced to cut to the outside where Mays made the tackle.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #8
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
...Ayers was an animal...
Looks like the haters and drama queens will have to tone down the "bust" talk for at least another week. Thank goodness they still have Orton to bash...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #9
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,440

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
That was Miller who made that play. Assuming you are referring to the one where Benson was forced to cut to the outside where Mays made the tackle.
Ayers was lined up inside was the one who blew the play up. He was three yards into the backfield when Benson got the ball, and forced benson outside, where Miller got a piece of him, and Mays cleaned up.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #10
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,980

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default

He played great yesterday.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #11
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,440

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
what else was he going to do on that 4th and 1?
If he takes one false step inside because of the PA, Dalton gets outside and gets the ball to AJ Green for a 1st down.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #12
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,834
Default

Legitimate coaching is a really nice thing isn't it?
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #13
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 6,021
Default

good to see him taking to his new(old) position and scheme well

if he can draw double teams that will really open up things for Doom and Miller

If only they would rush Miller more...
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #14
schaaf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

IMO he's our best run defender and while he hasn't produced big sack numbers Patrick Smyth put on his twitter a couple weeks ago that Ayers has one of the highest QB pressures in the league
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #15
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 6,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
IMO he's our best run defender and while he hasn't produced big sack numbers Patrick Smyth put on his twitter a couple weeks ago that Ayers has one of the highest QB pressures in the league
yeah he had like 5 week one, and that was impressive considering how little Oakland through the ball
and when they did it seemed like is was mostly dump offs
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #16
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Looks like the haters and drama queens will have to tone down the "bust" talk for at least another week. Thank goodness they still have Orton to bash...
This post is supposed to help the "drama"? Come on man, you just dropped to the same level.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #17
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I thought Ayers had a great game. He was disruptive seemed to be in the backfield quite often. Definitely encouraging.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #18
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!
 
OrangeCrush2724's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Legitimate coaching is a really nice thing isn't it?
I thought we made a lot of mental mistakes yesterday. Coaching is part to blame on that. But making mistakes (and hopefully) learning from them and still winning feels good.
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #19
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,528

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
I thought we made a lot of mental mistakes yesterday. Coaching is part to blame on that. But making mistakes (and hopefully) learning from them and still winning feels good.
Please list.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #20
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,987

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
IMO he's our best run defender and while he hasn't produced big sack numbers Patrick Smyth put on his twitter a couple weeks ago that Ayers has one of the highest QB pressures in the league
I think Bunkley is the best run stuffer we have. Although Ayers aint to far behind!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #21
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer
 
BigPlayShay's Avatar
 
Novaking

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,519

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut
Default

BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #22
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,209

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

This is the same Ayers we saw in the first few games last year, he is playing very instinctive football, reacting very fast and forcing the opponents to account for him. It would be a huge benefit to have Dumervil back to split the opponents, between the 2 of them Miller will get a lot of room to blitz out of the base formation because we will be forcing a lot of double teams on both sides.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #23
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
This is the same Ayers we saw in the first few games last year, he is playing very instinctive football, reacting very fast and forcing the opponents to account for him. It would be a huge benefit to have Dumervil back to split the opponents, between the 2 of them Miller will get a lot of room to blitz out of the base formation because we will be forcing a lot of double teams on both sides.
Not only that, but if at least one of the many draft picks from the previous tenure can pan out, it will help the rebuilding process.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #24
schaaf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
I think Bunkley is the best run stuffer we have. Although Ayers aint to far behind!
Yep.... Bunkley is right up there, I'm very glad he's a Bronco
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #25
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,219

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
My seats are up high from the end-zones and give the coaches viewpoint and I really focused in on the DL yesterday - Ayers was an animal. Not only was he drawing holding calls but (while Allen was dropping Miller into coverage a majority of the game for some reason) forced Cincy to double team him nearly all game.
This concerned me. We should maximize this guy's talents....which is rushing the passer.....yet we were dropping him back all day.

Hope it's not a trend.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ayers Wants to Dominate oubronco Orange Mane Central Discussion 55 08-16-2010 02:31 PM
For Ayers and the rest of the 2009 draft class, the time is now Bronco Rob Orange Mane Central Discussion 24 04-06-2010 09:09 PM
Rober Ayers - More Than Meets The Eye - DenverBroncos.com KevinJames Orange Mane Central Discussion 13 10-16-2009 09:12 PM
Robert Ayers' contract stalls, may not report on time kmonty Orange Mane Central Discussion 82 07-27-2009 04:48 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Denver Broncos