The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default Orton

Well done on the win Kyle.

No it doesn't paper over the cracks nor does it excuse the way he played in the first game but for the man to play for the majority of the game yesterday without his 3 best WR and starting RB and still win was a decent achievement, given the support he gets from the stands, at least there was more support on the field yesterday.

If I hadn't watched that game yesterday and had come on here for the latter part/aftermath, I'd have thought Kyle had played multiple positions given it was his fault we couldn't cover Green or Simpson and it was also his fault we couldn't block Johnson for holding him, afterall the defense let the Bengals back in this game, considering they only scored 3 ****ing points from the Orton fumble which was caused by Clady anyway.

I'm not an Orton apologist but the man cant play on his own and up until yesterday he was attempting to do just that.

I reckon it's time for the sheep to give it a rest until the Tennessee game.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Eddie mac is awesome.

It's like he gets into a drunken rage every Sunday while watching the game, posts on the forum until he passes out in a drunken stupor and then wakes up feeling sharp, insightful and calm and comes on the forum and makes some nice posts.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Well done on the win Kyle...

...I reckon it's time for the sheep to give it a rest until the Tennessee game.
Yup, the haters would have a lot more credibility if they'd be willing to give the guy at least a little bit of credit. He's very mediocre, at best, but look what happens when he gets a little bit of run support and the D is able to contain the opponents running game. Like all QB's, the guy needs some help. He got some yesterday.

Last edited by TonyR; 09-19-2011 at 07:46 AM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup, the haters would have a lot more credibility if they'd be willing to give the guy at least a little bit of credit. He's very mediocre, at best, but look what happens when he gets a little bit of run support and the D is able to contain the opponenting running game. Like all QB's, the guy needs some help. He got some yesterday.
Not to douche it up but I gave him some cred in the victory thread. Ya, he's very mediocre but the second TD pass to Decker was a thing of beauty.
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

It was the new helmet.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #6
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
Eddie mac is awesome.

It's like he gets into a drunken rage every Sunday while watching the game, posts on the forum until he passes out in a drunken stupor and then wakes up feeling sharp, insightful and calm and comes on the forum and makes some nice posts.
I'm grand after a win.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #7
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Well done on the win Kyle.

No it doesn't paper over the cracks nor does it excuse the way he played in the first game but for the man to play for the majority of the game yesterday without his 3 best WR and starting RB and still win was a decent achievement, given the support he gets from the stands, at least there was more support on the field yesterday.

If I hadn't watched that game yesterday and had come on here for the latter part/aftermath, I'd have thought Kyle had played multiple positions given it was his fault we couldn't cover Green or Simpson and it was also his fault we couldn't block Johnson for holding him, afterall the defense let the Bengals back in this game, considering they only scored 3 ****ing points from the Orton fumble which was caused by Clady anyway.

I'm not an Orton apologist but the man cant play on his own and up until yesterday he was attempting to do just that.

I reckon it's time for the sheep to give it a rest until the Tennessee game.
With no WR I don't know how he did it.
He's better than John Elway was. The guy is a winner!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:03 AM   #9
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Kyle Orton sucks more so than normal at being a QB right now. Everybody knows it. So there is no need to kiss his worthless ass with this thread.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:08 AM   #10
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Great play half the time and a seven year vet making rookie mistakes the other half...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #11
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

I hear Tebow's telling the team they need to put him in at the end because nobody but him takes a knee
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #12
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Kyle Orton sucks more so than normal at being a QB right now. Everybody knows it. So there is no need to kiss his worthless ass with this thread.
Who won the game GB Certainly wasn't the "bend over it's a rookie playing QB" defense.

He made one mistake the whole game and that was down to our supposed pro-bowl lineman not being able to hold off Johnson.

He had Decker and Willis to throw to, that was it. I'd love to see how the other vets in this league do in that situation and not up against a Broncos secondary that takes every opponent to superstar status.

Orton is nowhere near the weakest link in this franchise and when given even a half hearted effort from the players around him he can find a way to win games, despite the defense and special teams trying their best to lose them.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #13
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

what was orton on third down?
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #14
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Who won the game GB Certainly wasn't the "bend over it's a rookie playing QB" defense.

He made one mistake the whole game and that was down to our supposed pro-bowl lineman not being able to hold off Johnson.

He had Decker and Willis to throw to, that was it. I'd love to see how the other vets in this league do in that situation and not up against a Broncos secondary that takes every opponent to superstar status.

Orton is nowhere near the weakest link in this franchise and when given even a half hearted effort from the players around him he can find a way to win games, despite the defense and special teams trying their best to lose them.

Any other QB in this league would have won the game last week. His play this week was good but nothing close to what you are claiming. The run game and defense played very well. You Ortonites throwing everyone else under the bus to hype your hero is pretty lame. The defense allowed them to complete one third down and you say they are bad?...

What is really funny about your Orton love is the fact that he still isn't outplaying what Tebow did in those three games last season. He again played worse than Tebow against the Raiders. You love a QB that can't outplay a young guy that you all cpaim can't read defenses or even throw a football...

22nd in points, 23rd in yards

Those are the rankings the great KO has led us to against two **** teams.

Last edited by jhns; 09-19-2011 at 09:10 AM..
Old 09-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #15
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Yeah...totally Clady's fault Kyle held the ball to long and did not step far enough up into the pocket...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #16
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post

Any other QB in this league would have won the game last week. His play this week was good but nothing close to what you are claiming. The run game and defense played very well. You Ortonites throwing everyone else under the bus to hype your hero is pretty lame. The defense allowed them to complete one third down and you say they are bad?...
So Vaughn and Goodman played well in the 2nd half then I must've missed all those 1st and 2nd down catches and points for the comeback. Orton utilised what he had on the field and won with it. I've said all along he cant win games on his own, last week his supporting cast on offense didn't show up, this week they did and we won so I dont see a problem with congratulating a player who seems to have the world on his shoulders cos you think he plays all 24 positions on the team.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #17
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Yeah...totally Clady's fault Kyle held the ball to long and did not step far enough up into the pocket...

4 seconds is too long That's debatable imo, but haters are gonna hate. Your opinion.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #18
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So Vaughn and Goodman played well in the 2nd half then I must've missed all those 1st and 2nd down catches and points for the comeback. Orton utilised what he had on the field and won with it. I've said all along he cant win games on his own, last week his supporting cast on offense didn't show up, this week they did and we won so I dont see a problem with congratulating a player who seems to have the world on his shoulders cos you think he plays all 24 positions on the team.
I think he plays every position? Sure, that or you are just a drama queen. I edited my post, you should read the rest.

You love a QB that holds this team back. Good for you!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #19
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
4 seconds is too long That's debatable imo, but haters are gonna hate. Your opinion.
The announcers said the same thing. You are the only person that thinks it was Cladys fault. And yes, four seconds of not moving your feet is WAY too long in this league. Welcome to football 101.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #20
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

4 seconds for a person of average athletic ability to get the ball out is not an impossibility.

Clady ran Johnson away from Kyle. Johnson, using his freak arms knocked the ball out...because Kyle did not step up into the pocket. It's a valid criticism, btw and not some random thing to pick on Kyle for. He had an average game and did nothing to hurt the team. The best we can hope for.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #21
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Do you actually enjoy watching Broncos football on Sundays jhns? You come across as being way too uptight to enjoy watching a football game.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #22
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

While he is not a HOF QB he is not As bad as some want to believe.
Was the fumble his fault? I saw it as Clady not playing up to his " pro bowl" level. Is he still not 100% or just overrated in he past.

And so many want to think that he is the only qb that has had a ball slip out of his hands. Atleast two last week besides him and then there was the infamous cutlet fumble that Houckli blew dead on our only win against San in 08 which BTW would not have been a win, save his FUBAR.

So on a wet day Orton drops one **** happens just like it has for I'd guess every other Qb at sometime during their career. Seem to remember cutlet dropping a bunch while in DEN.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #23
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Do you actually enjoy watching Broncos football on Sundays jhns? You come across as being way too uptight to enjoy watching a football game.
I love it. How about you?

I really like how the team is looking. I think Fox has us on the right path. I have doubts that he sees Orton as the answer to the QB position but he needs time to correct the mess your hero left.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #24
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I'm a drama queen for saying well done to a player who won our first game of the season with 2 fit WR

Yeah jog on, as I said baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, keep following
Old 09-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #25
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Orton converted 2 third downs in 5 chances via passing with a sack in the red zone.

Alright, I guess.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote