The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 17,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default Orton

Well done on the win Kyle.

No it doesn't paper over the cracks nor does it excuse the way he played in the first game but for the man to play for the majority of the game yesterday without his 3 best WR and starting RB and still win was a decent achievement, given the support he gets from the stands, at least there was more support on the field yesterday.

If I hadn't watched that game yesterday and had come on here for the latter part/aftermath, I'd have thought Kyle had played multiple positions given it was his fault we couldn't cover Green or Simpson and it was also his fault we couldn't block Johnson for holding him, afterall the defense let the Bengals back in this game, considering they only scored 3 ****ing points from the Orton fumble which was caused by Clady anyway.

I'm not an Orton apologist but the man cant play on his own and up until yesterday he was attempting to do just that.

I reckon it's time for the sheep to give it a rest until the Tennessee game.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
The Joker
Ring of Famer
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Eddie mac is awesome.

It's like he gets into a drunken rage every Sunday while watching the game, posts on the forum until he passes out in a drunken stupor and then wakes up feeling sharp, insightful and calm and comes on the forum and makes some nice posts.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Well done on the win Kyle...

...I reckon it's time for the sheep to give it a rest until the Tennessee game.
Yup, the haters would have a lot more credibility if they'd be willing to give the guy at least a little bit of credit. He's very mediocre, at best, but look what happens when he gets a little bit of run support and the D is able to contain the opponents running game. Like all QB's, the guy needs some help. He got some yesterday.

Last edited by TonyR; 09-19-2011 at 07:46 AM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
Que
Gettin' some
 
Que's Avatar
 
Just the tip

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 1,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup, the haters would have a lot more credibility if they'd be willing to give the guy at least a little bit of credit. He's very mediocre, at best, but look what happens when he gets a little bit of run support and the D is able to contain the opponenting running game. Like all QB's, the guy needs some help. He got some yesterday.
Not to douche it up but I gave him some cred in the victory thread. Ya, he's very mediocre but the second TD pass to Decker was a thing of beauty.
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,265
Default

It was the new helmet.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #6
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 17,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
Eddie mac is awesome.

It's like he gets into a drunken rage every Sunday while watching the game, posts on the forum until he passes out in a drunken stupor and then wakes up feeling sharp, insightful and calm and comes on the forum and makes some nice posts.
I'm grand after a win.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #7
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,353

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Well done on the win Kyle.

No it doesn't paper over the cracks nor does it excuse the way he played in the first game but for the man to play for the majority of the game yesterday without his 3 best WR and starting RB and still win was a decent achievement, given the support he gets from the stands, at least there was more support on the field yesterday.

If I hadn't watched that game yesterday and had come on here for the latter part/aftermath, I'd have thought Kyle had played multiple positions given it was his fault we couldn't cover Green or Simpson and it was also his fault we couldn't block Johnson for holding him, afterall the defense let the Bengals back in this game, considering they only scored 3 ****ing points from the Orton fumble which was caused by Clady anyway.

I'm not an Orton apologist but the man cant play on his own and up until yesterday he was attempting to do just that.

I reckon it's time for the sheep to give it a rest until the Tennessee game.
With no WR I don't know how he did it.
He's better than John Elway was. The guy is a winner!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,298
Default

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:03 AM   #9
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 47,079

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Kyle Orton sucks more so than normal at being a QB right now. Everybody knows it. So there is no need to kiss his worthless ass with this thread.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:08 AM   #10
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Great play half the time and a seven year vet making rookie mistakes the other half...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #11
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

I hear Tebow's telling the team they need to put him in at the end because nobody but him takes a knee
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #12
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 17,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Kyle Orton sucks more so than normal at being a QB right now. Everybody knows it. So there is no need to kiss his worthless ass with this thread.
Who won the game GB Certainly wasn't the "bend over it's a rookie playing QB" defense.

He made one mistake the whole game and that was down to our supposed pro-bowl lineman not being able to hold off Johnson.

He had Decker and Willis to throw to, that was it. I'd love to see how the other vets in this league do in that situation and not up against a Broncos secondary that takes every opponent to superstar status.

Orton is nowhere near the weakest link in this franchise and when given even a half hearted effort from the players around him he can find a way to win games, despite the defense and special teams trying their best to lose them.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #13
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,463

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

what was orton on third down?
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #14
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Who won the game GB Certainly wasn't the "bend over it's a rookie playing QB" defense.

He made one mistake the whole game and that was down to our supposed pro-bowl lineman not being able to hold off Johnson.

He had Decker and Willis to throw to, that was it. I'd love to see how the other vets in this league do in that situation and not up against a Broncos secondary that takes every opponent to superstar status.

Orton is nowhere near the weakest link in this franchise and when given even a half hearted effort from the players around him he can find a way to win games, despite the defense and special teams trying their best to lose them.


Any other QB in this league would have won the game last week. His play this week was good but nothing close to what you are claiming. The run game and defense played very well. You Ortonites throwing everyone else under the bus to hype your hero is pretty lame. The defense allowed them to complete one third down and you say they are bad?...

What is really funny about your Orton love is the fact that he still isn't outplaying what Tebow did in those three games last season. He again played worse than Tebow against the Raiders. You love a QB that can't outplay a young guy that you all cpaim can't read defenses or even throw a football...

22nd in points, 23rd in yards

Those are the rankings the great KO has led us to against two **** teams.

Last edited by jhns; 09-19-2011 at 09:10 AM..
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #15
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Who won the game GB Certainly wasn't the "bend over it's a rookie playing QB" defense.

He made one mistake the whole game and that was down to our supposed pro-bowl lineman not being able to hold off Johnson.

He had Decker and Willis to throw to, that was it. I'd love to see how the other vets in this league do in that situation and not up against a Broncos secondary that takes every opponent to superstar status.

Orton is nowhere near the weakest link in this franchise and when given even a half hearted effort from the players around him he can find a way to win games, despite the defense and special teams trying their best to lose them.

Yeah...totally Clady's fault Kyle held the ball to long and did not step far enough up into the pocket...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #16
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 17,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post


Any other QB in this league would have won the game last week. His play this week was good but nothing close to what you are claiming. The run game and defense played very well. You Ortonites throwing everyone else under the bus to hype your hero is pretty lame. The defense allowed them to complete one third down and you say they are bad?...
So Vaughn and Goodman played well in the 2nd half then I must've missed all those 1st and 2nd down catches and points for the comeback. Orton utilised what he had on the field and won with it. I've said all along he cant win games on his own, last week his supporting cast on offense didn't show up, this week they did and we won so I dont see a problem with congratulating a player who seems to have the world on his shoulders cos you think he plays all 24 positions on the team.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #17
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 17,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Yeah...totally Clady's fault Kyle held the ball to long and did not step far enough up into the pocket...

4 seconds is too long That's debatable imo, but haters are gonna hate. Your opinion.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #18
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
So Vaughn and Goodman played well in the 2nd half then I must've missed all those 1st and 2nd down catches and points for the comeback. Orton utilised what he had on the field and won with it. I've said all along he cant win games on his own, last week his supporting cast on offense didn't show up, this week they did and we won so I dont see a problem with congratulating a player who seems to have the world on his shoulders cos you think he plays all 24 positions on the team.
I think he plays every position? Sure, that or you are just a drama queen. I edited my post, you should read the rest.

You love a QB that holds this team back. Good for you!
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #19
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
4 seconds is too long That's debatable imo, but haters are gonna hate. Your opinion.
The announcers said the same thing. You are the only person that thinks it was Cladys fault. And yes, four seconds of not moving your feet is WAY too long in this league. Welcome to football 101.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #20
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
4 seconds is too long That's debatable imo, but haters are gonna hate. Your opinion.

4 seconds for a person of average athletic ability to get the ball out is not an impossibility.

Clady ran Johnson away from Kyle. Johnson, using his freak arms knocked the ball out...because Kyle did not step up into the pocket. It's a valid criticism, btw and not some random thing to pick on Kyle for. He had an average game and did nothing to hurt the team. The best we can hope for.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #21
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,867

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

Do you actually enjoy watching Broncos football on Sundays jhns? You come across as being way too uptight to enjoy watching a football game.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #22
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

While he is not a HOF QB he is not As bad as some want to believe.
Was the fumble his fault? I saw it as Clady not playing up to his " pro bowl" level. Is he still not 100% or just overrated in he past.

And so many want to think that he is the only qb that has had a ball slip out of his hands. Atleast two last week besides him and then there was the infamous cutlet fumble that Houckli blew dead on our only win against San in 08 which BTW would not have been a win, save his FUBAR.

So on a wet day Orton drops one **** happens just like it has for I'd guess every other Qb at sometime during their career. Seem to remember cutlet dropping a bunch while in DEN.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #23
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Do you actually enjoy watching Broncos football on Sundays jhns? You come across as being way too uptight to enjoy watching a football game.
I love it. How about you?

I really like how the team is looking. I think Fox has us on the right path. I have doubts that he sees Orton as the answer to the QB position but he needs time to correct the mess your hero left.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #24
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 17,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

I'm a drama queen for saying well done to a player who won our first game of the season with 2 fit WR

Yeah jog on, as I said baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, keep following
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #25
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,265
Default

Orton converted 2 third downs in 5 chances via passing with a sack in the red zone.

Alright, I guess.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Orton likes hearing he's still Broncos' main QB' SportinOne Orange Mane Central Discussion 35 04-14-2010 11:16 PM
Leadership on mind of Broncos' Orton oubronco Orange Mane Central Discussion 4 04-06-2010 05:48 PM
Orton says he's thrilled with Broncos HEAV Orange Mane Central Discussion 0 10-17-2009 04:06 PM
Bleacher Report: Analysis of Seattle game orinjkrush Orange Mane Central Discussion 63 08-26-2009 11:51 AM
Good Insight on Orton to make Cutler Fans in a slightly better mood UberBroncoMan Orange Mane Central Discussion 35 04-03-2009 10:56 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Denver Broncos