The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Default WOW

I was just listening to a radio show on my drive home.....I think it was fox....and someone called in...... and was going on and on about how the broncos finally won.....and its all due to the front office finally giving in and playing tebow over orton. The radio show hosts let the guy go on for about 2 minutes before the let him know tebow played WR, not QB. Way to go tebow fans........i know you guys are half-witted as it is...... but to not even watch the game, listen to the game, even read a recap before calling in a national radio show and sounding like a total douche-bag ..... priceless!

On a side note........ I havne't laughed that hard at a radio show in a very long time!
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
OrangeSe7en

Well, they didn't win because of Orton.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBleed Orange and Blue View Post
I was just listening to a radio show on my drive home.....I think it was fox....and someone called in...... and was going on and on about how the broncos finally won.....and its all due to the front office finally giving in and playing tebow over orton. The radio show hosts let the guy go on for about 2 minutes before the let him know tebow played WR, not QB. Way to go tebow fans........i know you guys are half-witted as it is...... but to not even watch the game, listen to the game, even read a recap before calling in a national radio show and sounding like a total douche-bag ..... priceless!

On a side note........ I havne't laughed that hard at a radio show in a very long time!
Lmao!! That's pretty funny. I bet the guy felt pretty dumb afterwards!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
More like won in spite of him. How many opportunities did Mr. Fetal position have anyway. I know this on the last possession the coaching staff did not have the confidence to have Mr. Fetal position to throw for the first down which would have ended the game.

Elway has been quoted as saying QBs earn their pay on third down or thats what they are paid for WTF do we pay this clown for then ?
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBleed Orange and Blue View Post

I laughed harder when Orton fumbled the oakland game away and wasn't allowed to throw with the game on the line today.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #6
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Lol Radio has been pretty good about getting at the Tebow cult 104.3 the fan and d-mac had the billboard dude on and made him look like a clown from kentucky than the next day had the "Tebow Chanters" parody lol it was great.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Orton is our Jacory. Except not as stupid.
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #8
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I didn't catch the game--so tebow played some wideout? How did that work? I've often thought Tebow should switch positions...he is so athletic, I mean it'd be great it he could be the QB of the future but being stubborn in that doesn't make sense for him. I'd like to see his talent benefit our team any way possible.
steeledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #9
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
More like won in spite of him. How many opportunities did Mr. Fetal position have anyway. I know this on the last possession the coaching staff did not have the confidence to have Mr. Fetal position to throw for the first down which would have ended the game.

Elway has been quoted as saying QBs earn their pay on third down or thats what they are paid for WTF do we pay this clown for then ?
pretty much
its getting frustrating watching him and our offense piss away opportunity after opportunity

then again its nothing new I guess, it was like this all last year
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #10
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
I didn't catch the game--so tebow played some wideout? How did that work? I've often thought Tebow should switch positions...he is so athletic, I mean it'd be great it he could be the QB of the future but being stubborn in that doesn't make sense for him. I'd like to see his talent benefit our team any way possible.
Ah, so u were the one on the radio
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:42 PM   #11
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
Just a stupid gimmick, used as a decoy. On the 2 plays I saw him in, one was a run and one was a pass where again, he was just a decoy.

Nothing to see here...move along.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:50 PM   #12
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Just a stupid gimmick, used as a decoy. On the 2 plays I saw him in, one was a run and one was a pass where again, he was just a decoy.

Everyone but the primary receiver is a decoy when Orton is under center...
Old 09-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #13
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
For his redzone skills.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #14
swaiy

While that was certainly worth a chuckle, I thought the 56 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in the Red Zone stat was knee slap worthy. They conveniently didn't mention the attempts it took to reach such a feat.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #15
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
While that was certainly worth a chuckle, I thought the 56 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in the Red Zone stat was knee slap worthy. They conveniently didn't mention the attempts it took to reach such a feat.
The interception number is pretty good at least. You can always count on a FG with Orton in there...always...
Old 09-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #16
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Kyle Orton JUST WINS GAMES

The man is a WINNER

see what I did there
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:05 PM   #17
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post

Not a gimmick (exactly). Tebow is the emergency receiver. With D. Thomas and Lloyd out that left only Royal, Willis, and Decker active at the WR position. I'm assuming the thinking was that they could split Julius Thomas out wide if they needed to.

Except that both J. Thomas and Royal didn't make it past the first quarter. That meant anytime they wanted to go to a 3 receiver set Tebow was that third receiver.

They were obviously not running him as a primary, and to be fair he never (to my eye) managed to really get open...so in that sense he served as little more than a decoy designed to occupy a corner or a safety.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #18
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

even in a joke that's not funny. that boy is more clueless in the red zone than a virgin trying to put it in the right hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
For his redzone skills.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #19
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Everyone but the primary receiver is a decoy when Orton is under center...
Didn't you already make this exact same post in another thread? (yes)
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #20
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Not a gimmick (exactly). Tebow is the emergency receiver. With D. Thomas and Lloyd out that left only Royal, Willis, and Decker active at the WR position. I'm assuming the thinking was that they could split Julius Thomas out wide if they needed to.

Except that both J. Thomas and Royal didn't make it past the first quarter. That meant anytime they wanted to go to a 3 receiver set Tebow was that third receiver.

They were obviously not running him as a primary, and to be fair he never (to my eye) managed to really get open...so in that sense he served as little more than a decoy designed to occupy a corner or a safety.
http://twitter.com/#!/PostBroncos
Orton said they talked about possibility of throwing to Tebow, but the right play was never called. "I would have," Orton said.

Sounds like Tebow was just there to spread the defense. I would imagine its harder to run in a 2-receiver set than it is 3. That's just my take on it though.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #21
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
even in a joke that's not funny. that boy is more clueless in the red zone than a virgin trying to put it in the right hole.
I thought his throw to willis out of bounds was a nice tight spiral. He had good fundamentals too.

in all seriousness he was outclassed by a rookie today. again.

God Orton sucks.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #22
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This is a team game...now that the season has started, how bout we play team ball?

Orton is gone next year, lets stay in the present.

Definitely not hard to spot the narcissistic posters around here.

Last edited by myMind; 09-18-2011 at 11:16 PM..
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #23
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Didn't you already make this exact same post in another thread? (yes)
Yep. They were both contextually appropriate so I'm not sure what the problem is. You've never made the same statement in two different but similar conversations?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #24
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Yep. They were both contextually appropriate so I'm not sure what the problem is. You've never made the same statement in two different but similar conversations?
Hey, I was trying to be helpful... pointing out for you why your posts are generally considered "repetitive".
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:04 AM   #25
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Hey, I was trying to be helpful... pointing out for you why your posts are generally considered "repetitive".
Hey look it's a mod doing some trollin'. How cute.