The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES
 
PaintballCLE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cleveland, Oh
Posts: 3,202
Default WOW

I was just listening to a radio show on my drive home.....I think it was fox....and someone called in...... and was going on and on about how the broncos finally won.....and its all due to the front office finally giving in and playing tebow over orton. The radio show hosts let the guy go on for about 2 minutes before the let him know tebow played WR, not QB. Way to go tebow fans........i know you guys are half-witted as it is...... but to not even watch the game, listen to the game, even read a recap before calling in a national radio show and sounding like a total douche-bag ..... priceless!

On a side note........ I havne't laughed that hard at a radio show in a very long time!
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Well, they didn't win because of Orton.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBleed Orange and Blue View Post
I was just listening to a radio show on my drive home.....I think it was fox....and someone called in...... and was going on and on about how the broncos finally won.....and its all due to the front office finally giving in and playing tebow over orton. The radio show hosts let the guy go on for about 2 minutes before the let him know tebow played WR, not QB. Way to go tebow fans........i know you guys are half-witted as it is...... but to not even watch the game, listen to the game, even read a recap before calling in a national radio show and sounding like a total douche-bag ..... priceless!

On a side note........ I havne't laughed that hard at a radio show in a very long time!
Lmao!! That's pretty funny. I bet the guy felt pretty dumb afterwards!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Well, they didn't win because of Orton.
More like won in spite of him. How many opportunities did Mr. Fetal position have anyway. I know this on the last possession the coaching staff did not have the confidence to have Mr. Fetal position to throw for the first down which would have ended the game.

Elway has been quoted as saying QBs earn their pay on third down or thats what they are paid for WTF do we pay this clown for then ?
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,444

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBleed Orange and Blue View Post
I was just listening to a radio show on my drive home.....I think it was fox....and someone called in...... and was going on and on about how the broncos finally won.....and its all due to the front office finally giving in and playing tebow over orton. The radio show hosts let the guy go on for about 2 minutes before the let him know tebow played WR, not QB. Way to go tebow fans........i know you guys are half-witted as it is...... but to not even watch the game, listen to the game, even read a recap before calling in a national radio show and sounding like a total douche-bag ..... priceless!

On a side note........ I havne't laughed that hard at a radio show in a very long time!
I laughed harder when Orton fumbled the oakland game away and wasn't allowed to throw with the game on the line today.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #6
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,116
Default

Lol Radio has been pretty good about getting at the Tebow cult 104.3 the fan and d-mac had the billboard dude on and made him look like a clown from kentucky than the next day had the "Tebow Chanters" parody lol it was great.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Orton is our Jacory. Except not as stupid.
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #8
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 390

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I didn't catch the game--so tebow played some wideout? How did that work? I've often thought Tebow should switch positions...he is so athletic, I mean it'd be great it he could be the QB of the future but being stubborn in that doesn't make sense for him. I'd like to see his talent benefit our team any way possible.
steeledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #9
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 6,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
More like won in spite of him. How many opportunities did Mr. Fetal position have anyway. I know this on the last possession the coaching staff did not have the confidence to have Mr. Fetal position to throw for the first down which would have ended the game.

Elway has been quoted as saying QBs earn their pay on third down or thats what they are paid for WTF do we pay this clown for then ?
pretty much
its getting frustrating watching him and our offense piss away opportunity after opportunity

then again its nothing new I guess, it was like this all last year
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #10
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES
 
PaintballCLE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cleveland, Oh
Posts: 3,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
I didn't catch the game--so tebow played some wideout? How did that work? I've often thought Tebow should switch positions...he is so athletic, I mean it'd be great it he could be the QB of the future but being stubborn in that doesn't make sense for him. I'd like to see his talent benefit our team any way possible.
Ah, so u were the one on the radio
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:42 PM   #11
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,799

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
I didn't catch the game--so tebow played some wideout? How did that work? I've often thought Tebow should switch positions...he is so athletic, I mean it'd be great it he could be the QB of the future but being stubborn in that doesn't make sense for him. I'd like to see his talent benefit our team any way possible.
Just a stupid gimmick, used as a decoy. On the 2 plays I saw him in, one was a run and one was a pass where again, he was just a decoy.

Nothing to see here...move along.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:50 PM   #12
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Just a stupid gimmick, used as a decoy. On the 2 plays I saw him in, one was a run and one was a pass where again, he was just a decoy.

Nothing to see here...move along.
Everyone but the primary receiver is a decoy when Orton is under center...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #13
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Elway has been quoted as saying QBs earn their pay on third down or thats what they are paid for WTF do we pay this clown for then ?
For his redzone skills.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #14
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

While that was certainly worth a chuckle, I thought the 56 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in the Red Zone stat was knee slap worthy. They conveniently didn't mention the attempts it took to reach such a feat.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #15
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
While that was certainly worth a chuckle, I thought the 56 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in the Red Zone stat was knee slap worthy. They conveniently didn't mention the attempts it took to reach such a feat.
The interception number is pretty good at least. You can always count on a FG with Orton in there...always...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #16
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Well, they didn't win because of Orton.
Kyle Orton JUST WINS GAMES

The man is a WINNER

see what I did there
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:05 PM   #17
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Just a stupid gimmick, used as a decoy. On the 2 plays I saw him in, one was a run and one was a pass where again, he was just a decoy.

Nothing to see here...move along.
Not a gimmick (exactly). Tebow is the emergency receiver. With D. Thomas and Lloyd out that left only Royal, Willis, and Decker active at the WR position. I'm assuming the thinking was that they could split Julius Thomas out wide if they needed to.

Except that both J. Thomas and Royal didn't make it past the first quarter. That meant anytime they wanted to go to a 3 receiver set Tebow was that third receiver.

They were obviously not running him as a primary, and to be fair he never (to my eye) managed to really get open...so in that sense he served as little more than a decoy designed to occupy a corner or a safety.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #18
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,820
Default

even in a joke that's not funny. that boy is more clueless in the red zone than a virgin trying to put it in the right hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
For his redzone skills.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #19
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,861

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Everyone but the primary receiver is a decoy when Orton is under center...
Didn't you already make this exact same post in another thread? (yes)
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #20
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Not a gimmick (exactly). Tebow is the emergency receiver. With D. Thomas and Lloyd out that left only Royal, Willis, and Decker active at the WR position. I'm assuming the thinking was that they could split Julius Thomas out wide if they needed to.

Except that both J. Thomas and Royal didn't make it past the first quarter. That meant anytime they wanted to go to a 3 receiver set Tebow was that third receiver.

They were obviously not running him as a primary, and to be fair he never (to my eye) managed to really get open...so in that sense he served as little more than a decoy designed to occupy a corner or a safety.
http://twitter.com/#!/PostBroncos
Orton said they talked about possibility of throwing to Tebow, but the right play was never called. "I would have," Orton said.

Sounds like Tebow was just there to spread the defense. I would imagine its harder to run in a 2-receiver set than it is 3. That's just my take on it though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #21
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,444

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
even in a joke that's not funny. that boy is more clueless in the red zone than a virgin trying to put it in the right hole.
I thought his throw to willis out of bounds was a nice tight spiral. He had good fundamentals too.

in all seriousness he was outclassed by a rookie today. again.



God Orton sucks.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #22
myMind
splinters reality until
 
myMind's Avatar
 
We Grok

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,507

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

This is a team game...now that the season has started, how bout we play team ball?

Orton is gone next year, lets stay in the present.

Definitely not hard to spot the narcissistic posters around here.

Last edited by myMind; 09-18-2011 at 11:16 PM..
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #23
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Didn't you already make this exact same post in another thread? (yes)
Yep. They were both contextually appropriate so I'm not sure what the problem is. You've never made the same statement in two different but similar conversations?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #24
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,861

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yep. They were both contextually appropriate so I'm not sure what the problem is. You've never made the same statement in two different but similar conversations?
Hey, I was trying to be helpful... pointing out for you why your posts are generally considered "repetitive".
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:04 AM   #25
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Hey, I was trying to be helpful... pointing out for you why your posts are generally considered "repetitive".
Hey look it's a mod doing some trollin'. How cute.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Denver Broncos