The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,364

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default The second must win game of the season

Last week I said this:
A disaster, and all of the momentum that this team has built up will be gone. The front office threw Tebow under the bus this pre-season to try and stabilize things for Kyle Orton. Before that, they tried to trade Orton, and threw him under the bus until Orton himself blew that up. A opening day loss, especially if it is marked by poor passing play in the red zone and on third downs, will re-open that wound.
The results were a disaster. The Broncos starting in the second quarter put Kyle in shotgun virtually every down, taking away the play action. They also lost the ability to rush. The raiders were successful at forcing Kyle off-schedule, and as we all know after many years of pain, Kyle off-schedule is really a mess.

Now we come to a team that we should absolutely hands down wipe the floor with. Right now Gresham, TE, looks like a threat, but their WR's looked absolutely lost last week. A TE is a new QB's best friend. AJ Green had a single reception for a TD last week, but he was so wide open my 80 year old grandmother with a artificial knee could have scored that TD. Benson is terrifying, but at this point, Tatum Bell would be terrorizing to our rushing defense. His numbers last week were not gaudy.

The Broncos need to win this game. They need to get on message that this isn't the team that Josh McDaniels wrecked, it's the team that EFX built.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

Kyle in the shotgun didn't take away the playaction. Not running took away the play action... if I had to rank how we lost last week it would go:

1. O-line
2. D-line
3. WR drops
4. Kyle.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!
 
TailgateNut's Avatar
 
.......as much as tebonites

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mile High
Posts: 19,889

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Kyle in the shotgun didn't take away the playaction. Not running took away the play action... if I had to rank how we lost last week it would go:

1. O-line
2. D-line
3. WR drops
4. Kyle.

Blasphemy (no mention of Tebow) How dare you not place all the blame on Orton.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,403

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Kyle in the shotgun didn't take away the playaction. Not running took away the play action... if I had to rank how we lost last week it would go:

1. O-line
2. D-line
3. WR drops
4. Kyle.


You PHYSICALLY can't use PA in the shotgun.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post


You PHYSICALLY can't use PA in the shotgun.
I think you are retarded

Fox didn't have to call the plethora of shotgun plays. He choose to because the running game wasn't working.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #6
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Blasphemy (no mention of Tebow) How dare you not place all the blame on Orton.
So I can make it out early tomorrow. I want you to try my fresh salsa... you gonna be there? Lot 7c?
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #7
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,403

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
I think you are retarded

Fox didn't have to call the plethora of shotgun plays. He choose to because the running game wasn't working.
No... he chose to so Kyle would have an extra 1.5 seconds to scan the field.

And the lack of a running game doesn't remove PA. It makes it less effective.

Shotgun, on the other hand, REMOVES play action.

...Like Lostknight said.



Cliffs:

-Fratboy/sailor queer shoots and doesn't score.
-...Again
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #8
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

It removes the option of a playaction, which wouldn't have worked because of a lethargic running game. Shotgun was a better option because the line was getting eaten alive.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #9
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,403

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
It removes the option of a playaction, which wouldn't have worked because of a lethargic running game. Shotgun was a better option because the line was getting eaten alive.
...So let me clarify:

You want to nitpick a portion of his post (wrongly)

and then

b**** when someone does it back to yours (rightly)

?

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #10
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

Not really. I'm just saying that playaction wasn't really much of an option in the second half of that game.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:05 PM   #11
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,006
Default

The second must win game of the season

Is this like some reverse mojo suck for luck thread. I guess it worked in week 1.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #12
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,784

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:44 PM   #13
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,473
Default

If they lose this week us fans need to turn the heat up even more.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #14
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
If they lose this week us fans need to turn the heat up even more.
If you're talking about Tebow, you're wrong. I will not chant Tebow's name during a game. Not because I don't like the guy, but because I support our starter whoever he may be, and the fans that are doing so are merely causing cognitive dissonance within the organization by doing so.

If we lose, I would get on board with starting Tebow, but I'm not going pressure the upper management to do so.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:30 AM   #15
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
If you're talking about Tebow, you're wrong. I will not chant Tebow's name during a game. Not because I don't like the guy, but because I support our starter whoever he may be, and the fans that are doing so are merely causing cognitive dissonance within the organization by doing so.

If we lose, I would get on board with starting Tebow, but I'm not going pressure the upper management to do so.
You're the submissive one in a relationship aren't you?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:42 AM   #16
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 37,014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
If they lose this week us fans need to turn the heat up even more.
No doubt.

Having a poor game manager manage a losing team isn't that good of a recipe for success.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #17
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

Has anyone noticed that the majority of the Tebow fanboys on this forum joined this forum after Tebow was drafted?

Agamemnon, you're clearly the submissive one in your Tebow obsession. You'd be the catcher and Tebow would be the pitcher. Too bad Timmy doesn't approve of your lifestyle.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #18
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,364

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

I have zero desire to suck for luck. We suck for other reasons. Some are fixable, some not.

If, on the other hand you are gonna stick a qb On shotgun the whole game, you might as well start Tebow.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #19
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post


You PHYSICALLY can't use PA in the shotgun.
Yes you can.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #20
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Has anyone noticed that the majority of the Tebow fanboys on this forum joined this forum after Tebow was drafted?

Agamemnon, you're clearly the submissive one in your Tebow obsession. You'd be the catcher and Tebow would be the pitcher. Too bad Timmy doesn't approve of your lifestyle.
Other than McGruder I can't think of too many people I'd describe as a "Tebow fanboy".

Lot of people are in mutual agreement that doing the same thing (starting Orton) and expecting different results (winning games) is pretty ****ing dumb.

If we lose today we're getting Luck. Seriously. If we can't beat the Raiders and Bengals at home we might as well just pack it the **** up for the season.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #21
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Has anyone noticed that the majority of the Tebow fanboys on this forum joined this forum after Tebow was drafted?

Agamemnon, you're clearly the submissive one in your Tebow obsession. You'd be the catcher and Tebow would be the pitcher. Too bad Timmy doesn't approve of your lifestyle.
He already zinged you with the joke you tried to recycle. It was more funny the first time. Too bad it was at your expense.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:32 PM.


Denver Broncos