The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default Why is ESPiN Constantly Trashing Tebow and Trying to Tell Broncos Fans How to Think?

I mean really...shouldn't they just be covering the story instead of constantly trying to tell Broncos fans (who passionately view every game and understand much more about the intricacies of Broncos football than anyone at ESPiN) how to think? Do they think that Broncos fans are really stupid enough to read another shallow, unisightful article about Tebow and finally be convinced of how unequivocally right that the all-seeing, all-knowing hacks at ESPiN think that they are?

These articles are hilarious. A cursory glance at these things show that the authors havent even a surface understanding of the issues in Denver, yet they play the expert and then talk down to Broncos Fan like a politician telling a constituent to pipe down and take what they're given.

Here's the latest example: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69...turn-complaint
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quite a few Broncos fans believe what they say actually. There are many stupid Broncos fans honestly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #3
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,769

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
I mean really...shouldn't they just be covering the story instead of constantly trying to tell Broncos fans (who passionately view every game and understand much more about the intricacies of Broncos football than anyone at ESPiN) how to think? Do they think that Broncos fans are really stupid enough to read another shallow, unisightful article about Tebow and finally be convinced of how unequivocally right that the all-seeing, all-knowing hacks at ESPiN think that they are?

These articles are hilarious. A cursory glance at these things show that the authors havent even a surface understanding of the issues in Denver, yet they play the expert and then talk down to Broncos Fan like a politician telling a constituent to pipe down and take what they're given.

Here's the latest example: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69...turn-complaint
Well they get tools to post it on our message boards over and over again so I would say at least part of what they are doing is working.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
Crow
All in with the Gingers
 
Crow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 848

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Doomervil
Default

I'm not sure I understand your complaint. The article seemed unbiased.

If it's the "Save your bankroll and your breath" comment that upset you, I think the point may have been lost on you. These proposed billboards are a comical waste of money and aren't going to make any difference. I don't see where the writer was saying anything more than that.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #5
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,772

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Here's a different perspective on things.
Whatever you quoted there....Blog/article/post, is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. There is no such thing as "Ortonmania".

Dude typed a bunch of words to debunk some myths that only the dumbest of the dumb believe in in the first place.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #6
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Whatever you quoted there....Blog/article/post, is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. There is no such thing as "Ortonmania".

Dude typed a bunch of words to debunk some myths that only the dumbest of the dumb believe in in the first place.
It was just a post.

There's no such thing as "Tebowmania" either but people will argue it all day.


You're entitled to your opinion though. Nothing wrong with that.


Matter of fact, I'm going to delete it. I wasn't trying to hijack the thread.

Last edited by swaiy; 09-15-2011 at 10:02 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #7
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I'm not sure I understand your complaint. The article seemed unbiased.

If it's the "Save your bankroll and your breath" comment that upset you, I think the point may have been lost on you. These proposed billboards are a comical waste of money and aren't going to make any difference. I don't see where the writer was saying anything more than that.
Probably not, since I'm not bankrolling a billboard, but nice try.

It has more to do with statements like this:

"Tebow never came close to beating out Orton this summer and was even outplayed by Brady Quinn." - which is shallow and shows a lazy, poor, and intentionally biased perspective of the Denver QB situation

and using statements like this to defend Orton (an established veteran) against Tebow, who the statement fits more aptly:

"Hall of Famer John Elway, now the Broncos' chief of football operations, chimed in Thursday, tweeting, "If decisions were made based on one week, I'd have been outta here after my first start!"

That was on Sept. 4, 1983, at Pittsburgh, where Elway was just 1 for 8 for 14 yards with one interception and four sacks."

Along with baseless, ignorant speculation like this spouted as fact:

"Quinn in all likelihood would go in if Orton were to get hurt, so when Tebow plays is anybody's guess."
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #8
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #9
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
No avatar is the new avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default

Atleast we found out who the 1 person is that watches ESPN... I quit listening to anything on the channel that has anything to do with their so called "Experts" aka bobble heads years ago.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Atleast we found out who the 1 person is that watches ESPN... I quit listening to anything on the channel that has anything to do with their so called "Experts" aka bobble heads years ago.


You're probably right. Maybe I should just turn it off.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #11
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
Probably not, since I'm not bankrolling a billboard, but nice try.

It has more to do with statements like this:

"Tebow never came close to beating out Orton this summer and was even outplayed by Brady Quinn." - which is shallow and shows a lazy, poor, and intentionally biased perspective of the Denver QB situation
Actually I was at camp 3 different times and that is exactly what I saw as well.

Quote:
Along with baseless, ignorant speculation like this spouted as fact:

"Quinn in all likelihood would go in if Orton were to get hurt, so when Tebow plays is anybody's guess."
How is that baseless... I thought this was common knowledge.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #12
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Actually I was at camp 3 different times and that is exactly what I saw as well.
When are you going to figure out that a) we don't care about no-contact passing drills and b) we don't care about your interpretation of said no-contact passing drills?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #13
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
When are you going to figure out that a) we don't care about no-contact passing drills and b) we don't care about your interpretation of said no-contact passing drills?
What ever you say MacGubber Jr.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #14
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
What ever you say MacGubber Jr.
Witty.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #15
Crow
All in with the Gingers
 
Crow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 848

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Doomervil
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
Probably not, since I'm not bankrolling a billboard, but nice try.

It has more to do with statements like this:

"Tebow never came close to beating out Orton this summer and was even outplayed by Brady Quinn." - which is shallow and shows a lazy, poor, and intentionally biased perspective of the Denver QB situation
How is it lazy or biased? It directly reflects the reality of the situation. It may not be what you want to hear/read, but the facts don't change because we want them to.

Honestly, what is the argument here? What is the opinion of the Tebow faithful with regards to why he's getting shelved by the Broncos? Is there some conspiracy theory that I'm missing, or is it simply a case of fans thinking they're more qualified to make these decisions than the people who have been doing this for most of their lives?

Quote:
and using statements like this to defend Orton (an established veteran) against Tebow, who the statement fits more aptly:

"Hall of Famer John Elway, now the Broncos' chief of football operations, chimed in Thursday, tweeting, "If decisions were made based on one week, I'd have been outta here after my first start!"
An argument could be made that it fits both. You don't dump your starter after one week, especially when he played pretty well in more games last year than he didn't. His W/L record is lacking, obviously. But so is the Bronco roster. There's not much about this roster to get excited about. A few outstanding players doesn't compensate for the overall weakness of the roster. Orton needs to play better, absolutely. But so does everyone else.

On a side note, I think the Raider defense caught Denver off guard a bit. They came out using the 5 man D-line that a lot of people here probably played in high school. They ran more zone defenses Monday Night than most Raider teams run all year. I would liken it to how the Dolphins made fools of a pretty strong Patriots defense a few years ago by throwing that Wildcat bull**** at them from seemingly out of nowhere. Doesn't matter how good you are. If you're not prepared for what your opponent throws at you, you're probably going to lose.

Quote:
Along with baseless, ignorant speculation like this spouted as fact:

"Quinn in all likelihood would go in if Orton were to get hurt, so when Tebow plays is anybody's guess."
I don't see how this is either baseless or ignorant. There's little from this offseason, be it from preseason games or media reporting, that points to anything other than Tebow being 3rd string right now. I'm sure that's unconscionable to Tebow fans, but it appears to be accurate. In reality, it's Tebowfan that's grasping at straws, searching for something, anything, to dispute these reports.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #16
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Witty.
See... the problem is, all you tebow fanatics are the same. You don't know a darn thing about football you just know you want to see your guy play... Period.

The kid showed up to run an NFL team and didn't look like he knew what he was doing. He blew it. So to start the season we get KO. Thats nobodys fault but Tebows. Blame him and stop looking for a conspiracy theory.

Now here is the bright side, with the way things are going Orton will most likely play himself out of a job by week 4 or 5.

You just need to hope they don't put BQ in...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #17
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
. There's little from this offseason, be it from preseason games or media reporting, that points to anything other than Tebow being 3rd string right now.
You have to be joking about the preseason games. Little? Do you have eyes?
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #18
Crow
All in with the Gingers
 
Crow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 848

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Doomervil
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
You have to be joking about the preseason games. Little? Do you have eyes?
Yeah. They channeled images to my brain of Tebow getting mop up duty, which I thought was a pretty clear indication that the coaching staff had seen all they needed to see.

What did I miss?
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #19
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Yeah. They channeled images to my brain of Tebow getting mop up duty, which I thought was a pretty clear indication that the coaching staff had seen all they needed to see.

What did I miss?
If you say he is 3, you missed the games. Period. This means you aren't qualified to discuss this.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #20
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
See... the problem is, all you tebow fanatics are the same. You don't know a darn thing about football you just know you want to see your guy play... Period.

The kid showed up to run an NFL team and didn't look like he knew what he was doing. He blew it. So to start the season we get KO. Thats nobodys fault but Tebows. Blame him and stop looking for a conspiracy theory.

Now here is the bright side, with the way things are going Orton will most likely play himself out of a job by week 4 or 5.

You just need to hope they don't put BQ in...
Cool story. The problem is that when he actually played and the rest of us could see him, he looked pretty good. Raw? Sure. But nothing like you and other drones were going on about. Not even close. So yeah, we don't care about what you saw or didn't see at camp, because when he was actually playing and people were trying to take his head off, he put up a QB rating of 109.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #21
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Cool story. The problem is that when he actually played and the rest of us could see him, he looked pretty good. Raw? Sure. But nothing like you and other drones were going on about. Not even close. So yeah, we don't care about what you saw or didn't see at camp, because when he was actually playing and people were trying to take his head off, he put up a QB rating of 109.
Yep... its all a conspiracy.

Fox and Elway both know he is the real deal but they won't play him. The one thing that would imediately win the fan base and help the teams win more games (according to tebow fans), but they refuse to do it. As a matter of fact they are willing to risk their jobs and reputations by making a highly controversial move of making him 3rd string, even though his obvious talent and performance merit better (according to tebow fans).

Like I said, what ever you say MacGrubber
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:46 PM   #22
Nwp-Apap
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Actually I was at camp 3 different times and that is exactly what I saw as well.



How is that baseless... I thought this was common knowledge.
I as so attended training camp this year a handful of times, 7 to be exact, and I can comfortably say that Orton was not as head and shoulders above Tebow as many like to say.

Of course, Orton is going to look somewhat better than Tim in these non contact drills. He would also look better than Micheal Vick in the same drills, and who of those two do you think is the better player?

These practices included no contact on the QB, and the defense hardly trying to sack the QB. This benefits Orton. In the real games, however, especially on a team such as the Broncos with a young and struggling OL, you're not going to get a clean pocket to sit and pick apart a defense from. You're going to have defenders come at you from all angles, you're going to have your OL pushed into your face. When all this happens, it creates pressure, and Orton hardly has nerves of steel.

Tebow, however, IMO, would have more success on this team than Orton has had, if not just for the sole fact that he has a certain amount of mobility that would turn a would be sack from Orton, into perhaps something positive.

Furthermore, everyone tries to discount what we saw from Tebow in the last 3 games of 2010, and I don't know why..
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:05 AM   #23
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #24
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Yep... its all a conspiracy.

Fox and Elway both know he is the real deal but they won't play him. The one thing that would imediately win the fan base and help the teams win more games (according to tebow fans), but they refuse to do it. As a matter of fact they are willing to risk their jobs and reputations by making a highly controversial move of making him 3rd string, even though his obvious talent and performance merit better (according to tebow fans).

Like I said, what ever you say MacGrubber
What the **** are you talking about? None of that had anything to do with what I said.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:23 AM   #25
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
I as so attended training camp this year a handful of times, 7 to be exact, and I can comfortably say that Orton was not as head and shoulders above Tebow as many like to say.

Of course, Orton is going to look somewhat better than Tim in these non contact drills. He would also look better than Micheal Vick in the same drills, and who of those two do you think is the better player?

These practices included no contact on the QB, and the defense hardly trying to sack the QB. This benefits Orton. In the real games, however, especially on a team such as the Broncos with a young and struggling OL, you're not going to get a clean pocket to sit and pick apart a defense from. You're going to have defenders come at you from all angles, you're going to have your OL pushed into your face. When all this happens, it creates pressure, and Orton hardly has nerves of steel.

Tebow, however, IMO, would have more success on this team than Orton has had, if not just for the sole fact that he has a certain amount of mobility that would turn a would be sack from Orton, into perhaps something positive.

Furthermore, everyone tries to discount what we saw from Tebow in the last 3 games of 2010, and I don't know why..
You're wasting your time. TheDave went to camp a time or two and now he's an expert on the topic of Orton vs. Tebow. There is only one correct interpretation of what happened there. His.

This is why I told him no one cares. Because we really don't. He's just an anti-Tebow guy that tries to pretend he's objective.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 PM.


Denver Broncos