The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default Orton has lost the team and the Fans... It's Tebow time!

11 long years of waiting and my patience is gone. First I have to evoke the, “Elway has nothing to do with the comparisons when it comes to our current group of QB’s” misnomer. I know it’s a team game, so let’s leave that out of it for now and just talk about the QB situation alone. Simply put Orton is a Bum and comparing him, Quinn or Tebow to Elway is insane, so let’s get that obvious statement out of the way as well.

For 11 years we’ve had only one playoff win which was is in 2006. That year I remember very well. Plummer was the QB of the team that lost big to the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game. For the most part Plummer crumbled under the pressure and choked big time in that one and it cost the Broncos what should have been their 3rd Super Bowl ring. They should have beat that Steelers team, they had talent enough on both sides of the ball to do so and would have kicked the Seahawks butt all over the field had they gone to the Super Bowl.

That year the Broncos had a better overall team than both the Steelers and the Seahawks. The Broncos had a great running game and serviceable WR’s. The only thing lacking was a better than average QB which Jake the Fake proved he wasn’t. Had the Broncos had such a QB the Broncos would own another Lombardi trophy.

Then a few years later, we traded the only good QB the Broncos had on the roster over that 11 year span which was Jay Cutler. For all of his warts and his immature headed ways he’s 10 times better from a skill set level than Orton, Quinn or Tebow. We can thank McDaniels for that move and the one that sent Peyton Hillis to the Browns. Not to mention the horrible draft picks he made his 2 years in Denver.

After the Broncos won a Super Bowl at least from my prospective nothing less than a playoff appearance is a worthy expectation with the hope of another Super Bowl bid and a win. This is what the hard core fan should expect nothing less. I for one am sick to death of watching a crappy football team week in and week out and lose just as often.

Orton has had 3 years with the Broncos now and has not progressed one iota in fact he’s digressed. He telegraphs his throws, he can't scramble nor move in the pocket, he has trouble completing not just the long throw but the short throw as well. He can’t seem to make a play in the red zone and score. But worse of all he doesn’t have one single intangible characteristic to make up for all of his other physical weaknesses, none.

That’s were Tebow comes in, he doesn’t have the experience but he won’t get any by setting on the bench. He has the intangibles that Orton does not. He can scramble, he’s a big strong kid who can pick up yards on running plays but most important of all he has a burning will to win. He plays inspired football, he plays to win and he’s not the kind of guy to give up on a game no matter what the score.

This can’t be said about Orton. Orton looks like he just woke up from a 3 hour nap when he’s out there. Being calm is one thing but being a stiff who doesn’t have that burning desire in his gut to get back in the game to redeem himself is something I just can’t take anymore. The Raiders were ripe for the taking Monday Night and Orton with his bumbling play blew a game the Broncos should have easily won despite all the other problems the Broncos have as a team. Orton just doesn’t have the leadership skills to pick up a team that’s down and bring them back; he’s shown that over and over in painful detail.

Basically Orton has pulled off a big con, he’s laughing all the way to the bank thanks to McD. He knows had the Broncos not traded for him and signed him to a big bucks deal he most likely would have gone to another team as a back up or cut from the league all together. There can be no more lame excuses for Orton he’s a failure and it’s time the Broncos moved on.

He’s lost the team except for Brandon Lloyd who Orton made a millionaire because he was the only WR he would throw a ball to last year. Lloyd is another phony, he’s a career bench scrub who can claim one good year as a Pro (last year) and will never repeat it. He's the only friend Orton has on the team.

Orton has lost the team, all but Lloyd for the reasons I’ve mentioned. He’s lost the confidence of the Fans and finally most of the rah rah morons in the media who claimed he was the best thing going for the Broncos before this game. I’m sure he’s lost the confidence of Bowlen, Elway and Fox but none of them can or will come out and admit it. Why? There are 8.4 million reasons why they won’t. Benching an 8 million dollar Bum isn’t in the cards yet I guess. They’ll probably wait until the Broncos have no shot at a playoff berth then remove him. It’s not a good situation to say the least and if so much money wasn’t involved Orton would have been benched this week after the god awful performance he made everyone suffer through Monday Night.

It’s Tebow time, we need to see if he’s going to be our QB of the future or not. Maybe we don’t win with Tebow starting either but at least if he gets some extended playing time now the Broncos can make an educated decision about whether to start him next year or trade him and look for someone else.

Last edited by Mile High Mojoe; 09-14-2011 at 06:09 PM..
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I thought your post yesterday was your one and only Orton post?

I'm kidding.

Post on.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

You sure like to type.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #5
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Where are we going with this
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
digressed
digress [daɪˈgrɛs]
vb (intr)
1. to depart from the main subject in speech or writing
2. to wander from one's path or main direction
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I thought your post yesterday was your one and only Orton post?

I'm kidding.

Post on.
I wasn't going to write anything but a Broncos Fan friend I have on facebook lit a fire under me today. I couldn't stop myself.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #8
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
You sure like to type.
I was going to point out that there were a lot of words in his posts.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #9
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
I wasn't going to write anything but a Broncos Fan friend I have on facebook lit a fire under me today. I couldn't stop myself.
Ah, that's okay. As another person who has a lot to say, I'll give you this advice. If you shorten your posts, you'll get a better response. No one here reads much beyond about a paragraph.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Ah, that's okay. As another person who has a lot to say, I'll give you this advice. If you shorten your posts, you'll get a better response. No one here reads much beyond about a paragraph.
I honestly agree I need to let up a little but damn this Orton thing is choking me to death.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #11
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Lloyd is another phony, he’s a career bench scrub who can claim one good year as a Pro (last year) and will never repeat it. Now the Broncos have him under contract for 3 year and $30 million when the guy isn’t even worth $3 million over 3 years.
Butthurt fan on aisle 3.....
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #12
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

3 years, $30 million?

When did **** that happen?
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #13
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Every thread on the Mane = Orton Sucks Tebow God blah blah blah blah

at this point I would rather sign David Garrard for a stop gap to a rookie QB this year than have any QB on the roster playing. If that isn't realistic than I guess I would be okay with Tebow or Quinn but I would give Orton till week 4 or 5 before we make that move.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #14
Popps
It's so easy

Finally, someone with the guts to take on this topic.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #15
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
3 years, $30 million?

That's what I was just wondering.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #16
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #17
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

As a favor to the Mane I have bolded the important parts of this long yet important post.

Quote:
11 long years of waiting and my patience is gone. First I have to evoke the, ďElway has nothing to do with the comparisons when it comes to our current group of QBísĒ misnomer. I know itís a team game, so letís leave that out of it for now and just talk about the QB situation alone. Simply put Orton is a Bum and comparing him, Quinn or Tebow to Elway is insane, so letís get that obvious statement out of the way as well.

For 11 years weíve had only one playoff win which was is in 2006. That year I remember very well. Plummer was the QB of the team that lost big to the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game. For the most part Plummer crumbled under the pressure and choked big time in that one and it cost the Broncos what should have been their 3rd Super Bowl ring. They should have beat that Steelers team, they had talent enough on both sides of the ball to do so and would have kicked the Seahawks butt all over the field had they gone to the Super Bowl.

That year the Broncos had a better overall team than both the Steelers and the Seahawks. The Broncos had a great running game and serviceable WRís. The only thing lacking was a better than average QB which Jake the Fake proved he wasnít. Had the Broncos had such a QB the Broncos would own another Lombardi trophy.

Then a few years later, we traded the only good QB the Broncos had on the roster over that 11 year span which was Jay Cutler. For all of his warts and his immature headed ways heís 10 times better from a skill set level than Orton, Quinn or Tebow. We can thank McDaniels for that move and the one that sent Peyton Hillis to the Browns. Not to mention the horrible draft picks he made his 2 years in Denver.

After the Broncos won a Super Bowl at least from my prospective nothing less than a playoff appearance is a worthy expectation with the hope of another Super Bowl bid and a win. This is what the hard core fan should expect nothing less. I for one am sick to death of watching a crappy football team week in and week out and lose just as often.

Orton has had 3 years with the Broncos now and has not progressed one iota in fact heís digressed. He telegraphs his throws, he can't scramble nor move in the pocket, he has trouble completing not just the long throw but the short throw as well. He canít seem to make a play in the red zone and score. But worse of all he doesnít have one single intangible characteristic to make up for all of his other physical weaknesses, none.

Thatís were Tebow comes in, he doesnít have the experience but he wonít get any by setting on the bench. He has the intangibles that Orton does not. He can scramble, heís a big strong kid who can pick up yards on running plays but most important of all he has a burning will to win. He plays inspired football, he plays to win and heís not the kind of guy to give up on a game no matter what the score.

This canít be said about Orton. Orton looks like he just woke up from a 3 hour nap when heís out there. Being calm is one thing but being a stiff who doesnít have that burning desire in his gut to get back in the game to redeem himself is something I just canít take anymore. The Raiders were ripe for the taking Monday Night and Orton with his bumbling play blew a game the Broncos should have easily won despite all the other problems the Broncos have as a team. Orton just doesnít have the leadership skills to pick up a team thatís down and bring them back; heís shown that over and over in painful detail.

Basically Orton has pulled off a big con, heís laughing all the way to the bank thanks to McD. He knows had the Broncos not traded for him and signed him to a big bucks deal he most likely would have gone to another team as a back up or cut from the league all together. There can be no more lame excuses for Orton heís a failure and itís time the Broncos moved on.

Heís lost the team except for Brandon Lloyd who Orton made a millionaire because he was the only WR he would throw a ball to last year. Lloyd is another phony, heís a career bench scrub who can claim one good year as a Pro (last year) and will never repeat it. Now the Broncos have him under contract for 3 year and $30 million when the guy isnít even worth $3 million over 3 years.

Orton has lost the team, all but Lloyd for the reasons Iíve mentioned. Heís lost the confidence of the Fans and finally most of the rah rah morons in the media who claimed he was the best thing going for the Broncos before this game. Iím sure heís lost the confidence of Bowlen, Elway and Fox but none of them can or will come out and admit it. Why? There are 8.4 million reasons why they wonít. Benching an 8 million dollar Bum isnít in the cards yet I guess. Theyíll probably wait until the Broncos have no shot at a playoff berth then remove him. Itís not a good situation to say the least and if so much money wasnít involved Orton would have been benched this week after the god awful performance he made everyone suffer through Monday Night.

Itís Tebow time, we need to see if heís going to be our QB of the future or not. Maybe we donít win with Tebow starting either but at least if he gets some extended playing time now the Broncos can make an educated decision about whether to start him next year or trade him and look for someone else.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #18
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
3 years, $30 million?

If I'm wrong correct me here I thought I heard this was what he signed for. I swear I heard them say it Monday Night. If I'm wrong I'm sorry but what did he sign for? To much I'm sure, he's the only friend Orton has on the team.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #19
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
If I'm wrong correct me here I thought I heard this was what he signed for. I swear I heard them say it Monday Night. If I'm wrong I'm sorry but what did he sign for? To much I'm sure, he's the only friend Orton has on the team.
There was no contract extension...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #20
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
As far as I know, he's still playing on the 2 year 1.5 mil contract he signed at the beginning of 2010.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #21
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
There was no contract extension...
Okay I stand corrected. thanks.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #22
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #23
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Thank you, lawdy!

They don't need another albatross of a contract hanging around their necks.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #24
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
As far as I know, he's still playing on the 2 year 1.5 mil contract he signed at the beginning of 2010.
Weird I guess I was so pissed about how the game was going that I heard something totally unrelated.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #25
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Surprised myself and read it all. A little rich in emotion, but I agree.
orton, please go.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote