The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default PFF reviews Broncos/Raiders

I'm looking at the Pro Football Focus review of Denver/Oakland.

First, your entire offensive line received negative grades. That's not good.

Orlando Franklin gave up six pressures. That's not good. Two sacks credited to Zane Beadles, one apiece to Clady and Kuper.

Defensively, it's a lot better. Bunkley and Von Miller received high grades.

But what jumps out at me...and you guys may have been talking about this already....Von Miller only rushed the passer nine times in 61 snaps? Seriously? He had more coverage drops (15).

Your coaching staff had Miller rush the passer 9 times in a game where Robert Ayers and Kevin Vickerson had 20+ rushes apiece? I don't get it.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
PRBronco
_never forget_
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth
Default

Link please, you fat, worthless pile of fail.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue
 
Eldorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,326

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast
Default

Miller tee's off when we get a substantial lead. This is what the rev was worried about.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Link please, you fat, worthless pile of fail.
No link, it's subscriber only.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,215

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Not surprising, their entire game plan was designed around negating the broncos pass rush. This was pretty obvious from go.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,669

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
Miller tee's off when we get a substantial lead. This is what the rev was worried about.
Exactly what I was talking about when I said things like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Wouldn't be surprised.

Quite frankly I think people have both too high and the wrong expectations for Von Miller. He's going to do a LOT of different things while people are judging him solely as a pass rush specialist... He'll probably only really rush 50% of passing plays.

I think a VERY good rookie year outing for him would be:

100-ish tackles, 2 INTs, 6 sacks

Talented enough for more, yes, but that's an extremely good year for a rookie player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I think 15 sacks, while within his talent range, is an ungodly expectation to have for a rookie that won't even rush every passing down.

I think 6 is a good season for him and 10+ will still be realistic and be fantastic.
And also precisely why I wanted Peterson.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #7
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,669

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Not surprising, their entire game plan was designed around negating the broncos pass rush. This was pretty obvious from go.
No no, he's saying that in 24 active plays vs the pass, Miller rushed 9 times. Not utilizing his greatest strength. Just like I was worried about pre-draft.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,215

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Yeah, but i think you have to look at this on a case by case basis. How many obvious passing downs were the raiders in...and they often showed they'd max protect. I think they were just playing to what the raiders were showing.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #9
MagicHef
Ring of Famer
 
MagicHef's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,354

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
I'm looking at the Pro Football Focus review of Denver/Oakland.

First, your entire offensive line received negative grades. That's not good.

Orlando Franklin gave up six pressures. That's not good. Two sacks credited to Zane Beadles, one apiece to Clady and Kuper.

Defensively, it's a lot better. Bunkley and Von Miller received high grades.

But what jumps out at me...and you guys may have been talking about this already....Von Miller only rushed the passer nine times in 61 snaps? Seriously? He had more coverage drops (15).

Your coaching staff had Miller rush the passer 9 times in a game where Robert Ayers and Kevin Vickerson had 20+ rushes apiece? I don't get it.
You don't seriously think you'll beat us for Luck, do you?
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #10
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
You don't seriously think you'll beat us for Luck, do you?
Let me tell you something, broski.

Our quarterback completed 22 passes for 119 yards on Sunday.

That's the first time that's EVER been done in NFL history! Our quarterback is breaking records for ineptitude....we got this.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #11
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,669

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, but i think you have to look at this on a case by case basis. How many obvious passing downs were the raiders in...and they often showed they'd max protect. I think they were just playing to what the raiders were showing.
Right. But there's no case by case about it. This is what it's going to be like unless we stay in under fronts.

It's just not maximizing his strongest skill set due to the nature of the defense and people need to adjust their expectations for him instead of expecting 15+ sacks etc.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #12
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,669

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Let me tell you something, broski.

Our quarterback completed 22 passes for 119 yards on Sunday.

That's the first time that's EVER been done in NFL history! Our quarterback is breaking records for ineptitude....we got this.



"I GOT THIS GUYS!"
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #13
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,267
Default

Cassel for Orton trade?



That would be ironic.

As well as moronic...
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #14
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,052

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The Broncos and Chiefs won't get Luck. Both may be bad, but not worst in the league bad.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #15
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,690

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The Broncos and Chiefs won't get Luck. Both may be bad, but not worst in the league bad.
You'd be surprised.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #16
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The Broncos and Chiefs won't get Luck. Both may be bad, but not worst in the league bad.
The Stupor Bowl for Luck is on January 1st in Denver!

Be there!
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #17
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,749

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

they replaced miller with mario haggan because hagan is a veteran and earned his playing time...
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #18
FireFly
Ring of Famer
 
FireFly's Avatar
 
The window is open!

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The Broncos and Chiefs won't get Luck. Both may be bad, but not worst in the league bad.
i don't know, I honestly think we could be.

If we lose to the Bengals, I think we might be lucky to win more than 3 this year and that would put us well and truly in contention
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #19
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,052

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
You'd be surprised.
Personally, I think Cleveland will win the Luck contest.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #20
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,524
Default

Yeah, I was worried about drafting Miller so high if we don't fully utilize his greatest strength. Bravo.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #21
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Personally, I think Cleveland will win the Luck contest.
They like McCoy
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #22
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,569

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Yeah, I was worried about drafting Miller so high if we don't fully utilize his greatest strength. Bravo.
Oh Christ. It was one game, against a team that ran down our throats. I'm shocked to see that Campbell threw 22 times, because it certainly seemed like a lot less. Hard to rush the passer when no one wants to pass.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,215

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Right. But there's no case by case about it. This is what it's going to be like unless we stay in under fronts.

It's just not maximizing his strongest skill set due to the nature of the defense and people need to adjust their expectations for him instead of expecting 15+ sacks etc.
In the preseason he was rushing often. I think they were playing to the sitch. You could argue that's dumb, but I don't think this is indicative of things to come
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:23 PM   #24
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,669

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Oh Christ. It was one game, against a team that ran down our throats. I'm shocked to see that Campbell threw 22 times, because it certainly seemed like a lot less. Hard to rush the passer when no one wants to pass.
The problem is you really CAN'T.

Options to use Miller as a full time rusher:

1. Make the under our base D since he shifts to the nickel on obvious passing downs.

2. Once he reads pass, he can come on a semi delayed blitz from a few yards off the LOS.

Neither option are really attractive, imo.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #25
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,052

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
They like McCoy
This is true, but you can't tell me that any team this year that's picking anyone won't draft Andrew Luck.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Denver Broncos