The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Default Tebow's adoring fans leave destruction in their wake

Tim Tebow is a chemistry killer, a cancer, on an NFL team. And it's not his fault. Honest to God, it's not.

But it's the truth. Tim Tebow on your football team is a killer, something that goes way beyond distraction and shifts into disruption, or even destruction.

Because the thing is, fans love Tebow -- and not just in the way that fans typically love the backup quarterback. Fans love Tebow not because he's the backup quarterback, because his faults have yet to be exposed as clearly as the starter's faults have been exposed. I mean, they love him for that, yes. But they love him for more than that.

They love him because he's Tebow. The All-American boy. The Christian. The WASPiest WASP in this great big WASP nest we call America.

And because they love him in Denver, they hate Kyle Orton. They boo Orton even as he's throwing for 304 yards -- yes, he had a bad fumble -- but not just because Denver is losing. They boo Orton because he's not Tim Tebow.

And mind you, this would happen in any NFL city where Tebow was the backup quarterback. Well, almost any city. It wouldn't happen in New England or New Orleans or San Diego. It wouldn't happen in Green Bay or Atlanta. It might happen in Philadelphia, but probably not. Because Michael Vick is that good, just as Tom Brady and Drew Brees and Philip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan are that good. They are so good, they can withstand the cancer that is Tim Tebow.

And it's not Tebow's fault. I can't stress that enough. He doesn't go around undermining the starting quarterback, whoever it is. He doesn't curry favor in the locker room or kiss up to the coach or clamor for attention from fans. He doesn't do any of that. He just does his job, does his practice reps, does his media obligations. That's all he does.

It's the fans who do the rest.

This is your fault, Denver fans.

Read the rest here...........http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nfl/stor...-in-their-wake
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Memo to Broncos fans: Give Tebow time to develop

With six minutes left in Monday night's loss to Oakland, disgruntled Denver fans started calling for a new quarterback, but it wasn't backup Brady Quinn they wanted. It was Tim Tebow.

They urged new coach John Fox to do what his predecessor, Josh McDaniels, did a year ago and run the former Heisman Trophy winner on to the field and into the huddle.

Only Fox refused, and good for him. Better yet, good for Tim Tebow.

Because hard as it may be to swallow, Denver, Tebow's only chance of making it in the NFL is through careful study, hard work and, yep, a lot of sitting.

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nfl/stor...ime-to-develop
Old 09-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

And because they love him in Denver, they hate Kyle Orton. They boo Orton even as he's throwing for 304 yards -- yes, he had a bad fumble -- but not just because Denver is losing. They boo Orton because he's not Tim Tebow.

Read the rest here...........http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nfl/stor...-in-their-wake
Methinks someone didn't watch the game!
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!

That's a load of ****. I don't like Kyle Orton because he hasn't done shiat but lose and choke since he's been here. I would like to see what Tebow has because we spent a first round pick, he's shown flashes and Orton is taking us anywhere but mediocre at best... Another year of the same ole shiat is not what I want to see.
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Tim Tebow is a chemistry killer, a cancer, on an NFL team. And it's not his fault. Honest to God, it's not.

But it's the truth. Tim Tebow on your football team is a killer, something that goes way beyond distraction and shifts into disruption, or even destruction.

Because the thing is, fans love Tebow -- and not just in the way that fans typically love the backup quarterback. Fans love Tebow not because he's the backup quarterback, because his faults have yet to be exposed as clearly as the starter's faults have been exposed. I mean, they love him for that, yes. But they love him for more than that.

They love him because he's Tebow. The All-American boy. The Christian. The WASPiest WASP in this great big WASP nest we call America.

And because they love him in Denver, they hate Kyle Orton. They boo Orton even as he's throwing for 304 yards -- yes, he had a bad fumble -- but not just because Denver is losing. They boo Orton because HE SUCKS.

And mind you, this would happen in any NFL city where Tebow was the backup quarterback. Well, almost any city. It wouldn't happen in New England or New Orleans or San Diego. It wouldn't happen in Green Bay or Atlanta. It might happen in Philadelphia, but probably not. Because Michael Vick is that good, just as Tom Brady and Drew Brees and Philip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan are that good. They are so good, they can withstand the cancer that is Tim Tebow.

And it's not Tebow's fault. I can't stress that enough. He doesn't go around undermining the starting quarterback, whoever it is. He doesn't curry favor in the locker room or kiss up to the coach or clamor for attention from fans. He doesn't do any of that. He just does his job, does his practice reps, does his media obligations. That's all he does.

It's the fans who do the rest.

This is your fault, Denver fans.

fixed it for this moron of a writer.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Bore-ton gets booed because he sucks!

And the author has it wrong.

It's not our fault, it's McClueless' fault for this whole ****in mess!
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #7
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I am really tired of being told I am stupid for not liking what Kyle Orton does on the field; especially by a bag of dilrods that do sports writing for a living.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

You want someone to blame for all this, blame Orton. His lack of fire, his inability to execute when the game's on the line, and his RECORD AS A STARTER have created this situation, not Tim Tebow, who's been a good soldier in his silence and work ethic.

If this dude doesn't like the fans calling for Tebow, the answer is as easy as O-R-T-O-N. Blaming the fans is pure rubbish. The media anoints Orton as the guy who should start and now are actively overlooking his poor performance. Reminds me of a certain president.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #9
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

It's just like Biscuit Kids...
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #10
TonyR
Franchise Poster

You guys don't realize it but you're agreeing with the article. He's pretty much saying this would happen in any city that doesn't have a good QB. By saying "Orton is the suck!!!" you're saying Denver is one of those cities, right?

...this would happen in any NFL city where Tebow was the backup quarterback. Well, almost any city. It wouldn't happen in New England or New Orleans or San Diego. It wouldn't happen in Green Bay or Atlanta. It might happen in Philadelphia, but probably not. Because Michael Vick is that good, just as Tom Brady and Drew Brees and Philip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan are that good. They are so good, they can withstand the cancer that is Tim Tebow.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #11
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I am really tired of being told I am stupid for not liking what Kyle Orton does on the field...
Does Doyel say anywhere that you should? You guys are spinning worse than the professional spinner!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #12
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Luck and Tebow on the same roster would be the same crap different year.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #13
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

300 YARDS PASSING = WINNING

I'm sure fantasy owners rejoiced
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #14
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoor View Post
That's a load of ****. I don't like Kyle Orton because he hasn't done shiat but lose and choke since he's been here. I would like to see what Tebow has because we spent a first round pick, he's shown flashes and Orton is taking us anywhere but mediocre at best... Another year of the same ole shiat is not what I want to see.
Media honks act as if we haven't been watching stumble around on the field for years now. Monday night's game wasn't an aberration it's the norm.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #15
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

After what game did anyone say: "I'm sure glad they have that Kyle Orton!"
Old 09-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #16
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Does Doyel say anywhere that you should? You guys are spinning worse than the professional spinner!

The entire atricle you posted makes it appear that fans are 1. stupid and 2. should just deal with Orton starting.

How about no? Bronco fans boo consistently bad QB play. We then have talking heads tell us we should not boo because we simply don't understand what is really happening on the field.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #17
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Yeah people root for Tebow because he's a white protestant in a white protestant country. And we don't like Kyle Orton because he is a black Jew, clearly. What a stupid article.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #18
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
? You guys are spinning worse than the professional spinner!
wait, what

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #19
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

maybe orton should play to a level that there isnt a doubt as to who the starter will be?
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #20
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
maybe orton should play to a level that there isnt a doubt as to who the starter will be?
Sandy Clough mentioned this on his show after the loss. He essentially said some of the things being said are unfair and cruel. And while he agreed he basically said "you gotta play better." If Orton wants to silence his critics, play better.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #21
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
Media honks act as if we haven't been watching stumble around on the field for years now. Monday night's game wasn't an aberration it's the norm.
After examining the stats, I can't agree with this. I thought the same as you are saying, but after digging into the stats I found that Orton was absolutely terrible between passes 10 and 30. This was about the same time as the monsoon drenched the field. I'm not trying to make excuses for Orton, but when I look at his game last night statistically and compare it to Orton from last season, it's the tale of two different players. Last season, Orton was steady from the first pass to the last pass - he wasn't necessarily "good," but he was consistently about an 86.0 passer rating. During this last game, he took a serious dip in performance in the middle, but looked good on the first 10 passes and on the last 15.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #22
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
Pretty much.

But we all know when push comes to shove, he runs into the open arms of a defender.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #23
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I disliked Orton being the startinv QB here long before Tebow showed up. He was booed in his first training camp, long before Tebow showed up.

The conspiracy theories are retarded. People don't want Orton starting becauee he sucks. Thet like Tebow better because he has proven he can outproduce Orton. Sure, he had some fans follow him from Florida, and those fans are a very small minority.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #24
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah people root for Tebow because he's a white protestant in a white protestant country. And we don't like Kyle Orton because he is a black Jew, clearly. What a stupid article.
lol this. FFS a LOT of people are even screaming for Quinn.

It's not because of Tebow we boo Orton... it's because of Kyle ****ing Orton.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Pretty much.

But we all know when push comes to shove, he runs into the open arms of a defender.
all this talk and bs that the media tries to bring forth about why tebow shouldnt start, maybe they should look at ortons body of work when ti matters.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote