The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2015, 06:59 AM   #1
york0k
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default NFL 32 UK Sky sports coverage

I thought this may be of passing interest to the Board.

Its nearly the start of the new season and the largest subscription channel here in the UK is launching its 21st or 22nd broadcast season with a day long show that is attempting to get a reporter to every Franchise in 12 hours. They are interviewing head coaches, GM's and showing the facilities.
They are travelling across the States all day for example the reporter that has just been to Dallas is now on a plane to Houston,and JJ watt is on the list to be interviewed and the interviewer at Tampa is now off to Jacksonville.
They are reporting that it is the first time its ever been attempted. - surely a US TV company has done it?

Its in response to the growing popularity in the UK and they are asking new fans to pick a team to support.

They haven't yet been to Denver yet, don't yet know who is up for interview, probably get Greek, they'll never understand wade Phillips and his accent.

Coverage here is fantastic compared to what it used to be, We get live every week , the Thursday game, 3 games on Sunday and the Monday night plus the 3 thanksgiving day games and all the play off games live. Denver is headlining the Sunday evening games (shown here at 9.25pm)
york0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2015, 07:21 AM   #2
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

VERY NICE!

I saw the Denver Broncos Tweet a pic of the Sky Sports dude on the field reporting.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:57 AM   #3
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

here ya go:

ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:12 AM   #4
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I've never heard of a US outlet trying something like this.

Then again this kind of thing makes much more sense in an emerging market where much of your audience has no idea who all these people are.

Over here it'd just be like "Oh, hey, they caught Andy Reid at IHOP again."

But it would be fun to be over there to take in opening weekend. Just to see how fans over there take it in.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:36 AM   #5
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Didn't Bradley Van Pelt used to call games for Sky Sports?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:56 AM   #6
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
yes in his underwear
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:07 AM   #7
york0k
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Not that I recall, in the early days we had a Brit called Mick Luckhurst , who i think was a kicker for the Falcans. Recently we've had Cecil Martin, full back for the eagles. They just take the live feeds, so all the in match commentary is US tv . I cant stand it when its Phil Simms , he really does not like the Broncos
Old 09-09-2015, 12:35 PM   #8
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

I lived in London back in 02. It was hilarious to watch the broadcast. English broadcasters and they had to explain every "infraction" that happened and what the rule was. Didn't care because I got 2 games a week but it was pretty funny. Glad to hear they are coming along.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:50 PM   #9
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by york0k View Post
I thought this may be of passing interest to the Board.

Its nearly the start of the new season and the largest subscription channel here in the UK is launching its 21st or 22nd broadcast season with a day long show that is attempting to get a reporter to every Franchise in 12 hours. They are interviewing head coaches, GM's and showing the facilities.
They are travelling across the States all day for example the reporter that has just been to Dallas is now on a plane to Houston,and JJ watt is on the list to be interviewed and the interviewer at Tampa is now off to Jacksonville.
They are reporting that it is the first time its ever been attempted. - surely a US TV company has done it?

Its in response to the growing popularity in the UK and they are asking new fans to pick a team to support.

They haven't yet been to Denver yet, don't yet know who is up for interview, probably get Greek, they'll never understand wade Phillips and his accent.

Coverage here is fantastic compared to what it used to be, We get live every week , the Thursday game, 3 games on Sunday and the Monday night plus the 3 thanksgiving day games and all the play off games live. Denver is headlining the Sunday evening games (shown here at 9.25pm)
quiet you!

this is an american sport that should only be watched by white americans and played by african americans and no one else.

your attempt of trying to get a franchise there and making the game global is getting all of the white americans mad.

go watch your football because they are only good at faking injuries. pffft!
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:03 PM   #10
york0k
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
quiet you!

this is an american sport that should only be watched by white americans and played by african americans and no one else.

your attempt of trying to get a franchise there and making the game global is getting all of the white americans mad.

go watch your football because they are only good at faking injuries. pffft!
It must be a global sport if the superbowl is a world championship!